Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning

Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning looks great seeing how Fallout was one of the best movies of 2018 and one of the best American action and spy films of all time putting the last few bond movies to shame I bet this will continue to be great but why is it in 2 parts?

https://www.google.com/search?q=miss...ZuXy9wdn0,st:0

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning looks great seeing how Fallout was one of the best movies of 2018 and one of the best American action and spy films of all time putting the last few bond movies to shame I bet this will continue to be great but why is it in 2 parts?

To get more money out of us? More seriously, I imagine they're positioning Dead Reckoning as a send off for the franchise and want to make it an event out of it.

At this point, Ethan Hunt has done so much running he could probably outrun Usain Bolt.

In all seriousness, the Mission Impossible movies have been pretty consistent in quality so I'm looking forward to this one.
    Life is but a dream

So we're going back to Parts for movies? I thought those had fallen out of fashion.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Trailer looked good as far as teasers go which are largely action set pieces w/o giving any real plot away.
    Still, it is a Mission Impossible film, like Bond you kind of already know the plot. World domination/disaster.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Can't wait to go through the same exact mediocre story beats again but spread out over two films.

Incredible Member James Cameron's Avatar

Mission Impossible is a serious achievement, as it gets better with every installment, and Cruise and Mcquarrie make an incredible partnership. I quite enjoy their commentaries of both Rogue Nation and Fallout, you can tell they are total nerds when it comes to technical stuff; true masters of their craft.

Can't wait to see Ethan Hunt disavowed again for the 20th time.

Seriously though, this does look like fun. I need to do a rewatch of the films (and I haven't seen the last 1 or 2), but the ones I've seen (except M:I 3) I've really enjoyed (except M:I 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Can't wait to go through the same exact mediocre story beats again but spread out over two films.
    What MI movie's have you been watching? You can say allot about the plot it's to Complicated it's far fetched but mediocre? I wouldn't say that at all .

Ultimate Member

I'd argue that MI2 was terrible script wise, but John Woo's direction was so over the top, it was entertaining despite itsself.

While I liked every one after that to various degrees, don't like 3 out of 5 of them have the same "former agent goes bad and has a list of other agents" premise? I'm hoping this one has a newer mcguffin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

They announced they were doing two movies back-to-back (which most assumed were M:I 7 & 8). Seems they've ditched that idea and have just decided to do them as Part 1 & 2. An odd choice as you could have just had Dead Reckoning end on a cliffhanger and given the follow up a different title.

Nothing screams event like splitting a film in two.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Cruise go back to doing serious dramas and comedies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So we're going back to Parts for movies? I thought those had fallen out of fashion.
    Seems like it's just come back into fashion. We have this, the Spider-Man movie, the latest Fast/Furious movie and who know what else?