Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I had alot of fun watching it today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seems like it's just come back into fashion. We have this, the Spider-Man movie, the latest Fast/Furious movie and who know what else?
    Wait, what Spider-Man movie are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Wait, what Spider-Man movie are you talking about?
    Across the Spider-verse probably. I remember it being pitched as part 1 while Beyond was part 2.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-16-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Across the Spider-verse probably. I remember it being pitched as part 1 while Beyond was part 2.
    Yeah but that's not labeled "Part 2" in the title.

The movie was great, but it was two hours and forty-five minutes long. That run time probably affected box office.

This movie was dope. M:I is the best franchise going and once they hit a certain level of quality in #4 (though #1 is also very good) they've managed to maintain that high quality. Great performance, tense but fun, wonderful setpiececes.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Great movie.

Haley Atwell is a fantastic addition to the series.

Such a better part one than the Fast X snoozefest. Had a good ending even tho it was a part one, unlike the latest from the Fastchise that just like, stops.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Astonishing Member

Great film!

Fallout remains the best MI film, but Dead Reckoning is potentially in the Top 3-4 of the franchise, though being a two-parter, its one of those films where you need to wait for the sequel to really be able to fairly assess this one plot-wise.

As far as Hayley Atwell goes...

spoilers:
    Anyone else get the feeling they're setting her up to potentially take over the franchise once Cruise is done?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Great film!

Fallout remains the best MI film, but Dead Reckoning is potentially in the Top 3-4 of the franchise, though being a two-parter, its one of those films where you need to wait for the sequel to really be able to fairly assess this one plot-wise.

As far as Hayley Atwell goes...

spoilers:
    Anyone else get the feeling they're setting her up to potentially take over the franchise once Cruise is done?
    end of spoilers
    Dont think that necessarily needed to be spoiler tagged, but no, I don't think so. That was the logic when Jeremy Renner came in, but Cruise aint giving up the Mission Impossible crown unless you pry it from his cold dead hands.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Dont think that necessarily needed to be spoiler tagged, but no, I don't think so. That was the logic when Jeremy Renner came in, but Cruise aint giving up the Mission Impossible crown unless you pry it from his cold dead hands.
    Wonder if that's why Renner's character has been exiled, lol

Fantastic Member

Sorry, trying to figure out how to delete this.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1338796/je...nce-explained/

He could still pop up in entry 8.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but that was a different time (emphasis on time). Cruise is a lot older now. And Dead Reckoning does seem to have been designed as an epic two-part 'finale' to the franchise, or at least, to Ethan Hunt's story.

I don't think Cruise will ever 100% be done with the franchise, but the popular theory (which I subscribe to) is that he'll take more of a backseat moving forward - perhaps become the IMF Secretary/Director - and let a new star (or stars) take over.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah, but that was a different time (emphasis on time). Cruise is a lot older now. And Dead Reckoning does seem to have been designed as an epic two-part 'finale' to the franchise, or at least, to Ethan Hunt's story.

I don't think Cruise will ever 100% be done with the franchise, but the popular theory (which I subscribe to) is that he'll take more of a backseat moving forward - perhaps become the IMF Secretary/Director - and let a new star (or stars) take over.
    One would hope so, sure, but can you really see Cruise actually following through with that plan..?

One would hope so, sure, but can you really see Cruise actually following through with that plan..?
    I do, Tom is a freaking Genius when it comes to marketing himself, his movies and staying relevant. He's a gambler that's for sure...