I'm not sure I'd use the word "deserve." It's not like Hollywood sits and vets each superhero project based on their popularity or their long list of achievements. Maybe we can look at it like "who might translate better," or "who would be cool to see."

Carol's been around longer and has a loyal following. However, Kamala surprised everyone by becoming one of Marvel's better selling titles during a time when most fans felt that newer characters (especially minority females) don't sell. Carol's got a larger backlog of stories the filmmakers could draw on. But really, there's nothing to stop a screenwriter to just make up a new story for Kahn.

I think both characters could work in other media. I'd like to see a live action Danvers movie. Some thing that feels epic in scope even if it doesn't have the biggest budget. I would love to see a TV show for new MM either animated or live action. I think it would work really well as an episodic adventure program as long as the kept the tone of the comics.