Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
A TV show's not a movie. It's also worth noting that Peggy Carter's getting an 8-episode season during Agents of SHIELD's hiatus, and Luke and Jessica are going to be on Netflix, rather than network TV.

And the other three are "in consideration" for movies. Doesn't mean they'll happen. And the question remains: How much time are we supposed to give Marvel? Another 5 years? 10? How long until we call bullshit?
Yes, a TV show is not a movie. But TV is where it's at right now. Look at all the big Hollywood people, including writers and directors, going to TV. TV is the thing right now, and I'd wager that TV is where we're going to see the lesser characters (as in less popular). This is a good thing as it can only be beneficial to these characters. We're going to get to really see these characters, really get to know them. We have 13 episodes for each, and then the crossover.

The shows being on Netflix and not ABC will only improve the quality. And, I'd bet that more people in the target demo watch Netflix over network television.

I'd say that at least one of the three have a good chance of having a movie in Phrase 3. We have a ton of movies that aren't announced yet, and I believe word on the street is that Marvel wants to do one new IP and one old IP a year. 15 is Ant-Man, 16 is Strange, and then what? We know Cap 3 is 2016, GotG2 is 2017, and Thor 3 likely being 2018 and Avengers 3 2019. That's two, maybe three new movies. One of those is likely to be Widow or Carol or Panther, and I'd wager that at least two of them will have movies.

Carol has been given a big push. Even when her series didn't sell well they relaunched it and gave it a spinoff. I'd say a movie is definitely in her future.