Super Moderator

Default Abnett Explores the Marvel Universe via Prose & Comics

Dan Abnett tells CBR about his original prose novel "Avengers: Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and October's "Guardians 3000" ongoing series.

Full article here.

This (3k), Humphries Star Lord , and Silver surfer will be my marvel cosmic pulls..So very very excited about this book...hope folks buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    This (3k), Humphries Star Lord , and Silver surfer will be my marvel cosmic pulls..So very very excited about this book...hope folks buy it.
    i'm like a kid right now...and the last time I read their monthly title in the 90s I really was a kid

Glad Dan Abnett is on board and those Alex Ross covers are just beautiful. One of my favorite Guardians cover was actually done by Alex in Paradise X
    Like the Guardians of the Galaxy fan page at http://www.facebook.com/TheGuardiansOfTheGalaxy
    Download one of our games at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ck+Innovations

Is that 70's Star-Lord on the Guardians 3000 #3 cover?

Why are these the "first and second original Marvel prose novels"? What about the other novels Marvel's put out? Is it because those novels came out through other publishers?

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

Oooooh, I'm just glad to see Charlie-27 and the original Yondu. Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Why are these the "first and second original Marvel prose novels"? What about the other novels Marvel's put out? Is it because those novels came out through other publishers?
    Yes, it appears that these are the first "original" books actually published by Marvel. Most of the other prose books were published by the likes of Pocket, Del Rey, Bantam and Berkley. Marvel has published other prose novels before, they were just always adaptions/novelizations of other works, not original stories.

You can find the list HERE (wiki) if you want to see them all

Quote Originally Posted by BertoFlyingFox View Post
    Oooooh, I'm just glad to see Charlie-27 and the original Yondu. Good times
    While I can appreciate it, I'm not a huge fan of this art style (too Joe Mad looking for me ... though I realize I may have to dodge tomatoes and lettuce for saying that ), but that one preview image of Charlie-27 busting through with the girl in his arms looks fantastic!

This book will remain on my pull for as long as it is published. I just hope Marvel gives it plenty of time and not just 8 or 12 issues.

EDIT - And yes, I agree, nice to see the original guys kicking it. Especially the Yondu that is Yondu
    Last edited by ptsteelers; 09-07-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGuardiansFan View Post
    i'm like a kid right now...and the last time I read their monthly title in the 90s I really was a kid
    As a kid who loved the original Guardians, I just could not get into the Valentino run of Guardians when I first read it (when it first came out), but I have been having the urge, this itching in the back of my head, to go back and try it once more to see what it was that I didn't like ... why I didn't enjoy it. To see if my 50 year old self could enjoy what my 25 year old self could not.