Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL (CAROL DANVERS)

120 78.95%
  • MS MARVEL (KAMALA KHAN)

32 21.05%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

I'm not sure I'd use the word "deserve." It's not like Hollywood sits and vets each superhero project based on their popularity or their long list of achievements. Maybe we can look at it like "who might translate better," or "who would be cool to see."

Carol's been around longer and has a loyal following. However, Kamala surprised everyone by becoming one of Marvel's better selling titles during a time when most fans felt that newer characters (especially minority females) don't sell. Carol's got a larger backlog of stories the filmmakers could draw on. But really, there's nothing to stop a screenwriter to just make up a new story for Kahn.

I think both characters could work in other media. I'd like to see a live action Danvers movie. Some thing that feels epic in scope even if it doesn't have the biggest budget. I would love to see a TV show for new MM either animated or live action. I think it would work really well as an episodic adventure program as long as the kept the tone of the comics.

I'm more interested in a Carol adaptation, it fits well with the current lineup of the MCU characters, Kamala will be better used with other similar young characters, but doesn't deserve a movie of her own just yet, personal opinion. Might as well just prefer a Carol Ms Marvel, I'm seeing it happening that way.

Maybe have a carol live action movie and a Kamala Khan Animated movie?

If it's one or the other, I would go with Carol. I am loving Kamala, but there isn't that much story to go off of right now.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    Maybe have a carol live action movie and a Kamala Khan Animated movie?
    I imagine some folks would think of that as a disservice to Kamala since animation isn't as 'big' a deal as live-action...but I think, with animation, they could theoretically get very close to Adrian Alphona's art style, and make something truly beautiful as a result.

Assuming they keep Loeb away from it, anyway.

The problem is the argument that one character 'deserves' it more than the other. That should never be the question.

Fantastic Member

I went with Kamala Khan. People keep saying there are only a few issues of her book to draw on yet it's not like the movie will be made tomorrow. It would be years before either would be developed so there would be more books out by that time. I'm also kind of an anti traditional comic fan. I could not care less about continuity or what character is the true whatever. All that stuff really gets on my nerves so having a Ms Marvel movie would be great to me. I also have really enjoyed the book and know it would challenge the way many people perceive the Muslim faith.

Ms Marvel.
    But I think that half teh Marvel Universe deserves a movie more than Carol Danvers, anyway.

Carol Danvers by a landslide. She's been a Marvel mainstay for decades. Kamala has 7 issues, which center mostly on her rather boring family life.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I would rather a movie about Slapstick than Kamala.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Just because you like Kamala more doesn't mean she deserves a movie more than Carol.

Extraordinary Member

Easily Carol, Kamala is a fun character but she only has a year of history, Carol has decades.

Kamala has existed for all of 2 minutes. Why would they make a movie out of her?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

There's a reason why Kamala's book sells better than Carol's.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    There's a reason why Kamala's book sells better than Carol's.
    Because the protagonist is essentially a fan insert character?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman