Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL (CAROL DANVERS)

120 78.95%
  • MS MARVEL (KAMALA KHAN)

32 21.05%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Because the protagonist is essentially a fan insert character?
    Still better than Carol.
    BB

Extraordinary Member

Thats another debate!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Still better than Carol.
    I don't even care about Carol, but she's still a more interesting character than Kamala.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

There's a reason why Kamala's book sells better than Carol's.
    I won't deny that Kamala's book is good, or that she's a good character.

However, Carol's withstood the test of time, and that should count for something.

Kamala could do that, maybe, or she could eventually fall into Limbo like most new heroes do.

I don't even care about Carol, but she's still a more interesting character than Kamala.
    Why? What's there to Carol?
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    I went with Kamala Khan. People keep saying there are only a few issues of her book to draw on yet it's not like the movie will be made tomorrow. It would be years before either would be developed so there would be more books out by that time. I'm also kind of an anti traditional comic fan. I could not care less about continuity or what character is the true whatever. All that stuff really gets on my nerves so having a Ms Marvel movie would be great to me. I also have really enjoyed the book and know it would challenge the way many people perceive the Muslim faith.
    So wait, you hate everything that makes the characters? So, you esentially like the first few issues of a new character and then nothing else? Because said character will either become a mainstay thus, everything you hate, or he/she will fade into limbo. I really don't get this.

Well if I had to choose between the two based on their current series, then Kamala all the way. She's fun and endearing and has a more interesting supporting cast while KSD's Carol is dull and rather obnoxious (Which is a shame, because Carol used to be one of my all time favorite superheroes.)

Seniority comes first. Carol most definitely. She is a character with a strong legacy who has been around for over fifty years.

Though I would like to see Kamala make a cameo in a Danvers film.

Why? What's there to Carol?
    What's there not to love about Carol Danvers? She's simply immaculate!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    What's there not to love about Carol Danvers? She's simply immaculate!

KSD's run sucks.
    BB

Ultimate Member

Mercy............ why not both?

You can do BOTH at the same time if you wanted.

With that other company that has pretty much made a Cyborg the poster child for POC diversity and buried everyone else from a Batgirl to a Green Lantern to Virgil Hawkins. You have no competition.

It would be yet another slap in the face for that company that two more females not named Diana got films.

I say do both and release them on the same day. And I say that as someone that doesn't read either book but can see the advantages of either one getting a film or even tv series.

Ms. Marvel from the POC stand point alone would make it a victory.

Captain Marvel from a female stand point is still a victory.

I think that Kamala is better for a series, like Agents of SHIELD or her own cartoon; besides, Carol is an older charácter, so i think that she deserves one first.

Fantastic Member

Kamala has existed for all of 2 minutes. Why would they make a movie out of her?
    They'll do a movie out of whoever they think will make Disney more money, if they think that a Kamala movie will make more money than a Carol one, they'll make a Kamala movie. Making a superhero movie about a Muslim Pakistani-American would almost certainly get more headlines than any other superhero movie they could make. I'm sure the early success of her book has put her on Disney's radar & wouldn't be surprised to see her turn up in the rumoured inhuman movie.

Personally speaking I would love to see a Carol movie, with Kamala cameo or even play a part - for example there's bound to be a storyline soon where Carol & Kamala meet, and elements of that may be able to be used to show that Carol was Ms. Marvel before she became Captain Marvel (a Carol movie should be Captain Marvel IMO, but a nod to her history would be nice for longer term fans).

Why one or the other? In an ideal world we'd have both. And a Monica movie to boot.

KSD's run sucks.
    Is it Opposite Day already?
    My how time flies.