Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL (CAROL DANVERS)

120 78.95%
  • MS MARVEL (KAMALA KHAN)

32 21.05%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    First of all, how the hell did you get from a single thing I've said that I'd be against a Black Panther movie? And come on, they're not going to do a Shuri movie. If and when they do Black Panther, it's going to be T'Challa. He's got way more fans than Shuri. He's the one who's been in the TV shows and video games and on merchandise.

I'd be fine with Shuri being the Black Panther, but there's a lot of T'Challa fans who would be pissed. It's not going to happen.
    I'd want T'challa in it in some capacity but I'd be fine with Shuri starring as long as it felt in tone with the characters I've read.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

As for this thread I'd love to see both in some capacity. I think Kamala could be an amazing animated show for Disney though and open up a lot of toy opportunities.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Spectacular Member

And I suppose it would've been totally impossible to have that gem in a different movie. Or to delay Dr. Strange a year, in order to do either Captain Marvel or Black Panther first.

They easily could've used an Infinity Stone in either of those. I'll even explain how: For Captain Marvel, the machine that gives her powers when it explodes is powered by the Reality Gem, and Yon-Rogg is given some control over it in the same explosion. Boom. For Black Panther, I guess they could go with the Mind Stone. There must be a way to tie it in somehow.

Instead, they felt it was absolutely vital to get the next white guy out there first.
    Why does it matter who comes first? Does it really change things if Strange is 17 and Panther is 16, instead of the way it is now?

Incredible Member

People I think are getting a little too carried away if they seriously think they'll be seeing Kamala Khan on the big screen anytime soon. Personally I'd think that if Marvel were to do a teen movie anytime soon (& I don't think there will be) Runaways is going to be that film.

As far as Captain Marvel goes I'm not expecting a solo film from her anytime soon either...I'm not really dying to see either of them on the big screen honestly (although I'd see both if I got the chance to catch them on the cheap) but between the two of them I expect Carol to appear first in some capacity.

First of all, how the hell did you get from a single thing I've said that I'd be against a Black Panther movie? And come on, they're not going to do a Shuri movie. If and when they do Black Panther, it's going to be T'Challa. He's got way more fans than Shuri. He's the one who's been in the TV shows and video games and on merchandise.

I'd be fine with Shuri being the Black Panther, but there's a lot of T'Challa fans who would be pissed. It's not going to happen.
    Well, you know, he:

was the original Captain Marvel, and if they are so bend on leaving the women out of the important roles, Marvel is going to end up making the movie about him instead of Carol.

And you know, you can play as Shuri in the Marvel Heroes game, so she is not a charácter that obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    People I think are getting a little too carried away if they seriously think they'll be seeing Kamala Khan on the big screen anytime soon. Personally I'd think that if Marvel were to do a teen movie anytime soon (& I don't think there will be) Runaways is going to be that film.

As far as Captain Marvel goes I'm not expecting a solo film from her anytime soon either...I'm not really dying to see either of them on the big screen honestly (although I'd see both if I got the chance to catch them on the cheap) but between the two of them I expect Carol to appear first in some capacity.
    But i bet 100 bucks that Kamala is going to get a movie first than Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    Why does it matter who comes first? Does it really change things if Strange is 17 and Panther is 16, instead of the way it is now?
    Because of representation and visibility, i think.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 09-02-2014 at 05:41 PM.

The way it is now is we have absolutely no idea if Panther actually even will get a movie. Beyond that, it's simply insulting that Marvel is still placing white guys ahead of women and minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, you know, he:

was the original Captain Marvel, and if they are so bend on leaving the women out of the important roles, Marvel is going to end up making the movie about him instead of Carol.
    Honestly, if they give Mar-Vell a movie before they give it to Carol, then I think I'll just be completely done with Marvel's movies. If they prioritize the guy who's been dead for 30 years ahead of the woman who's better than he ever was, then I'll be done.

And the sad part is that I could actually see them doing it that way.

And you know, you can play as Shuri in the Marvel Heroes game, so she is not a charácter that obscure.
    She's an alternate costume. T'Challa is still the Black Panther. Alejandra's an alternate costume for Ghost Rider, but she's not getting a movie.

But i bet 100 bucks that Kamala is going to get a movie first than Wonder Woman.

Because of representation and visibility, i think.
    I don't see Kamala getting a movie any time soon. Wonder Woman . . . well, I'm starting to doubt if she'll ever get a solo movie, too. They had Joss Whedon attached and they still couldn't get it done.

BANNED

I would so rather see a Ms. Marvel movie at this point I'm so done with Carol. Carol has been around longer than Kamala but, Kamala' has already appeared in more interesting issues than Carol has.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 09-02-2014 at 05:51 PM.

BANNED

Major props going out to Tiamatty for holding it down hardcore in this thread.

You are most definitely that dude.

Invincible Member

There actually was a Runaway movie in development. It was put on hold to concentrate on Avengers 2 and the other sequels.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    There actually was a Runaway movie in development. It was put on hold to concentrate on Avengers 2 and the other sequels.

Yeah that's what I was referring to when I mentioned the possibility of the Runaways being the first teens to appear on the big screen. Like I said I really don't expect that one any time soon but ahead of Kamla Khan for sure & possibly even Captain Marvel. (although I wouldn't be surprised at all if Carol popped up first)

If there's one thing we learned with GOTG it's that the general movie goer will eat stuff up like a talking raccoon & giant trees that utter one sentence (welll two technically) so I could see them eating up a dino with a Nose ring & Molly with all her various goofy head wear.

Spectacular Member

I don't see how Panther won't get a movie. Same with Carol. Carol has received such a push, even when it hasn't been met with much fanfare outside of a small vocal fanbase. There are multiple rumors of her appearing in Avengers 2. Marh-Vell isn't getting the movie. He'll maybe appear, but he's not going to be the Captain Marvel. Don't be silly.

And again, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are getting thirteen episodes each on Netflix. And then a crossover. They will have more screen time than any of the movie characters. Agent Carter is going to be, what, eight episodes? And this is in 2015. Next year.

Marvel cares about these characters. They are pushing them. Yes, it's not a movie, but it's non-network television. The talent and attention it will bring will be great.

I don't see how Panther won't get a movie. Same with Carol. Carol has received such a push, even when it hasn't been met with much fanfare outside of a small vocal fanbase. There are multiple rumors of her appearing in Avengers 2. Marh-Vell isn't getting the movie. He'll maybe appear, but he's not going to be the Captain Marvel. Don't be silly.
    They've been giving her a boost in the comics. But we're talking about Hollywood. I would not be the least bit surprised if they went with a Mar-Vell movie, with Carol in the supporting role, just because Hollywood is full of jackasses who still actually think the problem with Catwoman was it being a female lead.

And again, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are getting thirteen episodes each on Netflix. And then a crossover. They will have more screen time than any of the movie characters. Agent Carter is going to be, what, eight episodes? And this is in 2015. Next year.

Marvel cares about these characters. They are pushing them. Yes, it's not a movie, but it's non-network television. The talent and attention it will bring will be great.
    Yeah, and it's great that they're getting Netflix shows, but I still don't think the shows will have the same pop culture impact that the movies do.

Spectacular Member

Come on now, Marvel changes things in the comics around the movies to increase the comic sales. When Captain Marvel comes out, people will go to the store and be able to get volumes of Captain Marvel just like the movie. Nick Fury Jr, the relaunched Amazing Spider-Man. Captain Marvel is getting her comic push and she will have her movie soon enough.

Don't doubt TV. Look at the cultural phenomenas of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, the Sopranos. All TV shows. All incredible hits. Guardians proved that fringe characters can do well. These Netflix shows are going to do well. They are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They are going to do well.

Come on now, Marvel changes things in the comics around the movies to increase the comic sales. When Captain Marvel comes out, people will go to the store and be able to get volumes of Captain Marvel just like the movie. Nick Fury Jr, the relaunched Amazing Spider-Man. Captain Marvel is getting her comic push and she will have her movie soon enough.

Don't doubt TV. Look at the cultural phenomenas of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, the Sopranos. All TV shows. All incredible hits. Guardians proved that fringe characters can do well. These Netflix shows are going to do well. They are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They are going to do well.
    Marvel makes changes around the movies. But they also make changes that have nothing to do with the movies. Marvel certainly seems to hope she gets a movie, but that doesn't mean the studio's going to actually do it, because the studio is still part of Hollywood, and Hollywood is still awful.

Agents of SHIELD did well enough, but it wasn't exactly a phenomenon. The Netflix shows will do well, but that doesn't mean they'll have anywhere near the impact the movies do.

Invincible Member

Yeah that's what I was referring to when I mentioned the possibility of the Runaways being the first teens to appear on the big screen. Like I said I really don't expect that one any time soon but ahead of Kamla Khan for sure & possibly even Captain Marvel. (although I wouldn't be surprised at all if Carol popped up first)

If there's one thing we learned with GOTG it's that the general movie goer will eat stuff up like a talking raccoon & giant trees that utter one sentence (welll two technically) so I could see them eating up a dino with a Nose ring & Molly with all her various goofy head wear.
    True. But GoTG also taught us that it doesn't matter how tenured the characters are, it matters if the execs accept the pitch. After that, then we can come up with a story that works on film. And how much it jives with the comics will be another issue. Heck, Blade taught us the same thing years ago.

That why I kinda don't agree with the idea that Kahn is "too new" to be on movies or TV. Most of these heroes are are "new" to non-comics fans. Sure IM and Thor have been around since the 60's but many civilians who went to those movies had never heard on them. Heck being new might even be a bonus in the sense that her journey will be fresh to everyone.