152. You may not vote on this poll
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL (CAROL DANVERS)

120 78.95%
  • MS MARVEL (KAMALA KHAN)

32 21.05%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    True. But GoTG also taught us that it doesn't matter how tenured the characters are, it matters if the execs accept the pitch. After that, then we can come up with a story that works on film. And how much it jives with the comics will be another issue. Heck, Blade taught us the same thing years ago.

That why I kinda don't agree with the idea that Kahn is "too new" to be on movies or TV. Most of these heroes are are "new" to non-comics fans. Sure IM and Thor have been around since the 60's but many civilians who went to those movies had never heard on them. Heck being new might even be a bonus in the sense that her journey will be fresh to everyone.

I don't disagree that Kahn is too new to be on TV (most like on animated program) but she's way to new imho to be talking about getting her own movie. She's a good character who is off to a good start but saying she deserves her own movies or TV show, clothing lines or whatever the heck people want to come up with next is just absurd to me....I liken it to wrestling fans who want to see whatever hot wrestler who are just coming up from NXT to be main eventing Wrestlemanias or getting the Heavy weight title within a year of debuting on the screen....I just don't see what the big hurry is for a character that's only just been created.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 09-02-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Marvel makes changes around the movies. But they also make changes that have nothing to do with the movies. Marvel certainly seems to hope she gets a movie, but that doesn't mean the studio's going to actually do it, because the studio is still part of Hollywood, and Hollywood is still awful.

Agents of SHIELD did well enough, but it wasn't exactly a phenomenon. The Netflix shows will do well, but that doesn't mean they'll have anywhere near the impact the movies do.
    The comic people are aware of what the studios are doing. Why do you think there is an Inhuman push right now? Let's not act like Marvel Studios does whatever they want without telling anyone. That's not how business works. It's synergy.

I guess it's a lightning in the bottle sort of thing. AoS didn't have much going for it. It's not very well-written and it didn't feature super heroes. Marvel's Daredevil is a lot more appealing than than Marvel's Agents of Shield. These could be big. Daredevil is a well enough known hero. If Daredevil is successful, then I don't see how the others won't be. Marvel shits gold right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    The comic people are aware of what the studios are doing. Why do you think there is an Inhuman push right now? Let's not act like Marvel Studios does whatever they want without telling anyone. That's not how business works. It's synergy.

I guess it's a lightning in the bottle sort of thing. AoS didn't have much going for it. It's not very well-written and it didn't feature super heroes. Marvel's Daredevil is a lot more appealing than than Marvel's Agents of Shield. These could be big. Daredevil is a well enough known hero. If Daredevil is successful, then I don't see how the others won't be. Marvel shits gold right now.
    My point is that just because Marvel's giving Carol a push in the comics, that doesn't mean a movie will happen. It may just be that they want to push Carol in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    My point is that just because Marvel's giving Carol a push in the comics, that doesn't mean a movie will happen. It may just be that they want to push Carol in the comics.
    Well, they are pushing the inhumans and the avengers comics, movies rights property of Marvel Studios, way more than they are pushing the x-men comics, movies rights property of 20th Century Fox; or you will deny that the x-men ending up being the "villains" of AvX and AXIS has nothing to do with that.

And like you said, nothing exist in a void, there is always a context behind it; so the fact that Carol is getting a push, may not be a 100% guarantee that she is getting her own movie, but it, at least, shows that they are considering it.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 09-03-2014 at 07:55 AM.

I'd assume Carol not only because she has much higher stock as far as movie potential goes but also because she would better tie in with the Avengers and the direction of the MCU as a whole.

Kamela is an unproven formula as far as staying power goes. She's only 6 issues into her existence.

BANNED

I'm still not sure why it is such a surprise Carol wasn't on the first and second phases of movies when the character wasn't really "popular" when the first wave started and hasn't sold amazing comic numbers durring the second wave. The character up until recently (as in the mid 2000's) wouldn't even be considered a B-List hero. And yet she should have already been slated for film by now? The logic isn't there.

The funny thing about it is Marvel is more than likely going to still make a Black Panther and Captain Marvel film sometime in the near future. Inspite of never truly catching on in the comic world, for the simple fact that the market exsist. But to demand that the films should have already happen when the results aren't there is just bias.

BANNED

I probably like Kamala more than Carol right at the moment (saying something, because Carol is like in my top 2 superheroes before factoring in Ms. Marvel), but I can't see her getting a movie first. A large part is because Carol directly influenced Kamala's albeit fledgling superhero career. How do you introduce Kamala without Captain Marvel. Also, as many have said, I think Kamala's powers and tone would work much better in a cartoon. Movie-goers may not be ready for a kid superhero.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Im sorry but WHO would Kamala be without Carol? Carol is the ultimate Marvel super heorine. The heroic feminist icon. Has a huge history and and super strong fanbase (wich includes Kamala) What kind of story does the novice Kamala have to tell? I think she's pretty boring, actually. Also, Captain Marvel's powers are MUCH cooler and big screen friendly. A bit nonsense poll btw.
    Last edited by RafDanvers; 09-03-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    So wait, you hate everything that makes the characters? So, you esentially like the first few issues of a new character and then nothing else? Because said character will either become a mainstay thus, everything you hate, or he/she will fade into limbo. I really don't get this.
    No I hate people whining about some little piece of continuity or some obscure story from ten years ago. I hate seeing new characters not given a chance by old readers because they aren't the real true whatever. The writers shouldn't feel shackled by every story that came before and I'd like to see people give new characters a chance before crapping on them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    No I hate people whining about some little piece of continuity or some obscure story from ten years ago. I hate seeing new characters not given a chance by old readers because they aren't the real true whatever. The writers shouldn't feel shackled by every story that came before and I'd like to see people give new characters a chance before crapping on them.
    Yeah, but if a character you like now becomes a mainstay his story will get convulted. So, when the time comes for him to be replaced will you root for the "fisrt" new character or the all-new NEWER character?

For example, let's take GR:

Let's say that Robbie proves to be a huge hit and becomes the mainstream GR. So far so good, because he's a new character and all that. But, there comes a time where he gets replaced. Will you root for Robbie who, by that time, would have gathered 10 years of story, or for the all-new newer GR with no back story at all?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Write-in: Genis Vell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Im sorry but WHO would Kamala be without Carol? Carol is the ultimate Marvel super heorine. The heroic feminist icon. Has a huge history and and super strong fanbase (wich includes Kamala) What kind of story does the novice Kamala have to tell? I think she's pretty boring, actually. Also, Captain Marvel's powers are MUCH cooler and big screen friendly. A bit nonsense poll btw.
    Please Carol aint that important, Ultimate Marvel Superheroine my ass, I am not sure that argument flies even if u ignore the X-men and it definitely does not fly if u do.
    Still Kamala cannot exist without Carol and she is too new a character not to mention she has got no storylines to use for a solo movie much less a trilogy.

Spectacular Member

I want to see in a movie Ms. Marvel, a.k.a. Carol Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    I want to see in a movie Ms. Marvel, a.k.a. Carol Danvers.
    Ha ha ha! It's so cute that you still think Carol Danvers is Ms. Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Carol directly influenced Kamala's albeit fledgling superhero career. How do you introduce Kamala without Captain Marvel.
    Easy. Just have Kamala be inspired by all the other superheroes in her life (Captain America, Iron Man, etc.) and create the Ms. Marvel identity completely on her own. Carol may be her favorite in the comics, but she loves all superheroes regardless.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-03-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!