Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Goddesses you would add or replace in the clay origin

In the George Perez reboot of Wonder Woman, Diana was brought to life by Aphrodite, Athena, Artemis, Demeter, Hessia, and Hermes.

Is there a God/Goddess you would add or replace for another?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think thats a pretty good line up.

If I added another God/Goddess it would likely to cause some drama. Like Ares trying to sneak in a blessing so he can attempt to corrupt what his sisters/brother have created. Or Hecate depending on what version they use...have her play a Maleficent type role.

Probably swap out Hermes for Hecate.

Maybe do what Primal Slayer says and have Ares sneak in some sort of weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think thats a pretty good line up.

If I added another God/Goddess it would likely to cause some drama. Like Ares trying to sneak in a blessing so he can attempt to corrupt what his sisters/brother have created. Or Hecate depending on what version they use...have her play a Maleficent type role.
    Maybe Disdain? For those Titans of myth reasons?

Personally, I'd have Diana be sculpted from clay and have Gaia bring her to life. Have her live and train as a regular amazon and go through/win the contest on equal footing. Then, she gets her powers from the other gods/goddesses. This would I believe showcase that Diana gets her gifts via skills and smarts that she trained for and studied for on her own. She earned them.

I would have Demeter, Hermes, Artemis, Apollo, Hecate, Athena, and Aphrodite; with Athena and Aphro being the ones that Diana interacts with the most.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Personally, I'd have Diana be sculpted from clay and have Gaia bring her to life. Have her live and train as a regular amazon and go through/win the contest on equal footing. Then, she gets her powers from the other gods/goddesses. This would I believe showcase that Diana gets her gifts via skills and smarts that she trained for and studied for on her own. She earned them.

I would have Demeter, Hermes, Artemis, Apollo, Hecate, Athena, and Aphrodite; with Athena and Aphro being the ones that Diana interacts with the most.
    I'd be down for that.

Fantastic Member

If Gaia bring Diana to life then that means her powers would be controlling earth, water, air, and fire? Or would she be able to control the weather?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    If Gaia bring Diana to life then that means her powers would be controlling earth, water, air, and fire? Or would she be able to control the weather?
    No it just means that the spirit of life on Earth brought unliving clay to life, Diana doesn't have to be given any additional powers just because a goddess was involved in her creation, In fact Masterwitcher seemed to be pushing for Diana to be a regular Amazon outside of her birth and any powers she'd gain from the goddesses would be granted only when Diana becomes the Champion sent to Man's World as an adult.

Based on the current take on her, I'd make Zeus part of the clay origin just so any references to her as "Daughter of Zeus" could be reinterpreted from her literally being his biological offspring.

I personally believe that Diana, much like Thor, should have some elemental powers. However, I'd prefer them to be unique to her and her own blessings.

I added Hecate for the witch mark magic powers. This would be her super form, like super sayain god, it changes her whole physical appearance. A power up that also allows her to use powerful magic, cosmic almost abyssal powers that may seem a bit dark at first.

Hestia for her fire manipulation, as well as Diana's immunity to both heat and cold. I imagine instead of red/orange fire, we get a cool blue/purple fire. Hestia's Lazuli Flame I'd call it. It can harm powerful cosmic gods, purify corruption, and kill demons even in Tartarus.

Gaia at most could grant Diana control over earth. Such as manipulating earthquakes, creating seismic activity, or going full Hulk and create planet shaking shock waves when she stomps. But honestly, I'd do without that.

I have an idea in mind for Diana to have lightning/storm manipulation like Thor, but the lightning would be red, the storm clouds black and it wouldn't involve Zeus at all. And it's something Diana learns on her own and has to train her body to get use to its destructive power.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I would keep the ones Perez established but I would also add in Hecate, Persephone and Hades (since souls are his domain and he is supposed to be one of the nice Gods).

I would love to see a story arc where she ends up powered by different Gods, we already seen her powered by Hecate but what about a version where she is powered by Gaia and becomes an earth elemental? Or one where she is powered purely by Hestia and becomes a fire elemental? Or she becomes a Goth Zombie Diana powered by Hades and Persephone?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

HISTORIA is my personal canon for Wonder Woman going forward. So Aphrodite, Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hecate, Hera, and Hestia.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    HISTORIA is my personal canon for Wonder Woman going forward. So Aphrodite, Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hecate, Hera, and Hestia.
    It may be too soon to say this definitively - Hera is the mastermind behind Hippolyta's rise to power and she's the only one who doesn't have her own Amazons, so it's possible that she creates Diana in lieu of a tribe. Seems like it's on track to go the Perez "each patron gives her blessing" route with the seventh tribe representing all of the goddesses, but they've taken some unexpected twists and turns so far.

Either way I'm also considering the Historia origin canon so I'm on board with whatever Kelly Sue decides to do. And Gene Ha described vol. 3 as an exploration of "earthly love" on Twitter so I have a feeling we'll find out in the next issue

Bringing to life isn't the same as granting/imbuing/gifting w/powers

Persephone, for protection against the kind of trickery she experienced with the underworld fruit, and to travel through Tartarus unharmed.

I personally believe that Diana, much like Thor, should have some elemental powers. However, I'd prefer them to be unique to her and her own blessings.

I added Hecate for the witch mark magic powers. This would be her super form, like super sayain god, it changes her whole physical appearance. A power up that also allows her to use powerful magic, cosmic almost abyssal powers that may seem a bit dark at first.

Hestia for her fire manipulation, as well as Diana's immunity to both heat and cold. I imagine instead of red/orange fire, we get a cool blue/purple fire. Hestia's Lazuli Flame I'd call it. It can harm powerful cosmic gods, purify corruption, and kill demons even in Tartarus.

Gaia at most could grant Diana control over earth. Such as manipulating earthquakes, creating seismic activity, or going full Hulk and create planet shaking shock waves when she stomps. But honestly, I'd do without that.

I have an idea in mind for Diana to have lightning/storm manipulation like Thor, but the lightning would be red, the storm clouds black and it wouldn't involve Zeus at all. And it's something Diana learns on her own and has to train her body to get use to its destructive power.
    well, in Deva's version it was the earth Titan who gave Deva super-strength and durability. Yes, he ALSO gave her the ability to cause earthquakes, but, mostly, his gift was the strength to punch people so hard they go flying through buildings. It's a great power to have when fighting WW tbh. Of course, WW getting the strength of Gaia? Hmm.... Which is stronger? might break a few continents trying to figure THAT out.

I'd go sparingly with giving WW magic powers that involve throwing giant fireballs around though.