Amazing Member

Default Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) runs the gauntlet.

The martial-arts tomboy of Persona 4 faces of against the following list of Fighters. It can be of any order. Which character would Chie beat or get beaten by?

Akane Tendo (Ranma 1/2)
    Sakura Kasugano (Street Fighter)
    Yuri Sakazaki (Art of Fighting/King of Fighters)
    Rin Tohsaka (Fate)
    Asuka Kazama/Ling Xiayou (Tekken)
    Akira Kazama (Rival Schools/Street Fighter)

I...don't think Chie is tough enough to step to any of the characters on this list in a street fight in the real world. Yosuke's nuts and Kanji's face notwithstanding, she's essentially a normal person with a bit of flair.

...unless she's in the TV world, at which point it probably swings the other way, but the feats are sort of hard to quantify; ie; how much can Tomoe Gozen lift, is God Hand class 10+ in hitting power, etc.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I...don't think Chie is tough enough to step to any of the characters on this list in a street fight in the real world. Yosuke's nuts and Kanji's face notwithstanding, she's essentially a normal person with a bit of flair.

...unless she's in the TV world, at which point it probably swings the other way, but the feats are sort of hard to quantify; ie; how much can Tomoe Gozen lift, is God Hand class 10+ in hitting power, etc.

To be fair, and I forgot to clarify this in the original post, she has her full abilities and skills from the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Suplex Hold game, as well as full use of her Persona.

With that in mind, she might be able to go toe to toe with Sakura and Akira. Yuri, Asuka, and Ling might be a bit of a issue. Akane and Rin would probably give Chie problems.

Edit: As an afterthought, I want to add in Rimururu from Samurai Shodown into the mix.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't think that there's any reason that Rin can't just mind control her at the bell, unless Chie had an anti-Charm ability that I can't remember. Even then, Rin has fire (as well as all the other elements and rooms of versatility in general) magic and way more actual training in martial arts from a flipping Executioner of the Catholic Church, and while both of them have nebulous speed, Rin's scales towards actual high-end bullet timer.

Akane should similarly be much more skilled than Chie due to having over a decade of actual training in a martial art instead of just being self-trained, and she's fast enough to block multiple arrows fired at her from behind (and above) fast enough to embed into pavement, simultaneously, on a single staff. OTOH, unless she has prep, she had no ranged game in an arena with a dearth of objects to throw.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-26-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't think that there's any reason that Rin can't just mind control her at the bell, unless Chie had an anti-Charm ability that I can't remember. Even then, Rin has fire (as well as all the other elements and rooms of versatility in general) magic and way more actual training in martial arts from a flipping Executioner of the Catholic Church, and while both of them have nebulous speed, Rin's scales towards actual high-end bullet timer.

Akane should similarly be much more skilled than Chie due to having over a decade of actual training in a martial art instead of just being self-trained, and she's fast enough to block multiple arrows fired at her from behind (and above) fast enough to embed into pavement, simultaneously, on a single staff. OTOH, unless she has prep, she had no ranged game in an arena with a dearth of objects to throw.
    In addition, Akane Tendo is a lot stronger than Chie. I can remember two instances where she has displayed her strength. The first is when she picks up a table and smashes Ranma with it in the first episode. The second is where she picks up a boulder and throws it towards Ranma off-screen; in the debut of Shampoo episode. Factor in that as well and this is definitely problematic for Chie. Considering that Ranma 1/2 characters are insanely strong , and having a bit of toon-force (I could be wrong, so if any Ranma 1/2 fan and expert can provide any insight, please do since my knowledge of the series is surface level at most.) Chie's best strategy is, like you said, keep away and not go toe to toe with Akane.

As with Rin, along with what you posted, god help Chie if any of Rin's Servants (EMIYA or Saber Artoria) are summoned and gets involved. (Provided if Chie summons her Persona at any time.) This is the one fight that everyone, including myself can agree on, that Chie gets owned badly. To any Persona and Fate expert, in comparison to both Personas and Servants, in terms of overall attributes and status, how does the power gap widen between the two?
    Last edited by Bloody; 05-27-2022 at 01:36 AM.