Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Robin #14 Discussion/Spoilers

Well, that happened and I'm glad that Joshua Williamson dragged this event more than he should.

The penultimate chapter of the Shadow War crossover is here and once again Williamson demonstrates why Robin is his best book. The character moments between Batman and Robin are the highlight once again with Bruce appropriately making Damian get rid of the guilt of Alfred's death by blaming himself for not being there to help, is the kind of logical character development you can expect from the writer which also nicely sets the tone for the battle that is about to come.

The rest of the issue is mostly action focused with fitting conversations between Slade and Talia just when they're about to kill each other (once again, Williamson uses continuity in his favor) but the best part comes at the end when the person responsible of all of this is revealed and while I'm sure some people already predicted who would be, that's still one hell of a way to reintroduce a character.

Roger Cruz remains in art duties and his work showcases kinetic action scenes and detailed character expressions at the right moments.

Great read, can't wait for the conclusion.

Why didn't Bruce just say that to Damian to begin with? For the sake of stretching it out to the climax?

This event is very entertaining, i'm enjoying a lot. Let's see how this end.

I also liked the reveal at the end.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

This was the best issue of an otherwise "meh" event. A little underwhelmed by who the killer turned out to be, but this was still the first issue of Shadow War to make me think "Heh...I actually liked this." Figures it would come from the best of Williamson's three books.

Glad Bruce finally said the thing that he should have said AGES ago. I'd say that this is hopefully the end of the monotonous drama between him and Damian but....well the next event is called "Batman VS Robin" [eyeroll]

Regarding the reveal, I can't help but think of Mal from ep1 of "Firefly" after he opens the crate: ".....Huh."

Yeah I liked the reveal, it made sense but me and so many others called it when we saw the giant hole in the ground back in part 2
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    This was the best issue of an otherwise "meh" event. A little underwhelmed by who the killer turned out to be, but this was still the first issue of Shadow War to make me think "Heh...I actually liked this." Figures it would come from the best of Williamson's three books.

Glad Bruce finally said the thing that he should have said AGES ago. I'd say that this is hopefully the end of the monotonous drama between him and Damian but....well the next event is called "Batman VS Robin" [eyeroll]
    Vs doesn't mean that they'll be fighting. Most of the vs things like these turn out to be collaborations.

Have comic fans always been this negative?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Vs doesn't mean that they'll be fighting. Most of the vs things like these turn out to be collaborations.

After a fight.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

How does anyone like that reveal?

It was so terribly done it wasn't funny.

I take that back, I did chuckle at the tagline at the end, "Geoforce!? WTF!"

Come on, how did they write that with a straight face? There was zero surprise with that "reveal". If you didn't know it was Geo-Force then I'd love to give you some mountain top property in Kansas, an ocean side villa in Nebraska and a beautiful rain forest vacation in Death Valley! All you have to do is send me your social security number and it's all yours!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    If this was Super Sentai, I'd be less nervous. But from my experience with comics, that "VS" tends to mean exactly that. Would I love to be wrong? **** yeah. But I think I got some valid reasons to be nervous xD

Yes. Yes they have :P

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why didn't Bruce just say that to Damian to begin with? For the sake of stretching it out to the climax?
    Why doesn't Bruce acknowledge that it was his and Selina's plan to send Damian in to begin with? That it was his and Selina's idea, as was brought up in King's run, to send Damian in and get Alfred out, to act as a hostage that Thomas Wayne wouldn't kill and would underestimate, and to have Damian take out Gotham Girl so that everyone else can go in?

Probably because Bruce really sucks at taking responsibility for his actions and for when his plans backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Why doesn't Bruce acknowledge that it was his and Selina's plan to send Damian in to begin with? That it was his and Selina's idea, as was brought up in King's run, to send Damian in and get Alfred out, to act as a hostage that Thomas Wayne wouldn't kill and would underestimate, and to have Damian take out Gotham Girl so that everyone else can go in?

Probably because Bruce really sucks at taking responsibility for his actions and for when his plans backfire.
    Man, bad writing really hangs over characters doesn't it...

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So were back to Geo-force being an evil guy or is this do bad for good reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Markovia was destroyed by Leviathan and Deathstroke used his sister to get back at the Titans, then she died. He has a lot of reasons to hate Talia and Deathstroke.
    Last edited by Drako; 05-24-2022 at 04:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Geo Force is justified here.