Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Dragon Ball Super Hero

Anyone excited about this? What do you expect? I think it looks good the villains look cool and I'm always down for the red Ribbon army what are your thoughts?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5CIs0jDqC8

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag...er:_Super_Hero

Astonishing Member

The art style/animation will take some getting used to (I think they nailed it with Broly). Also not a fan of yet again recycling an old antagonist in the Red Ribbon Army. From the looks of the trailers it seems it's just a retread of the Cell Saga.

The unique thing here is the Red Ribbon Army is angling themselves to be the heroes and the Z fighters might be portrayed to be the villains.

It's Dragonball. So I'll give it a shot. Plus Gohan and Piccolo are getting more air time this go around. That's a plus in my book.

Its Dragon Ball. Of course I'll find some way to watch this. The animation, yeah. Still not sure how I feel about it. The touched up version looks pretty good, but still very different. It looks like Piccolo gets a new form, Broly and Cheelai are back (and Broly is training with Goku), and Pan is the center focus of the film.

BANNED

After Broly in which Shintani took the animation into an all new level, it will take a while to accept the 3d animtion.
    It looks like a video game. Avery well done video game, sure but still a video game.
    I wonder if thw script is good because there's a strange vibe getting by some leaks from here and there. Definitely going to watch though.

It is time, however for the Super anime to come back. Let's hope that they will resume broadcasting after this one. ( DBS began after two Z movies)

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The art style/animation will take some getting used to (I think they nailed it with Broly). Also not a fan of yet again recycling an old antagonist in the Red Ribbon Army. From the looks of the trailers it seems it's just a retread of the Cell Saga.
    There are rumors that either Cell, or a new version of Cell, will be the final villain of the movie too.

I've seen a pretty good theory in Kazenshuu suggesting the villain will be a Cell (Not necessarily a resurrected Cell, but it could be):

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/vie...=3480#p1738066

So I'm pretty sure Bandai just confirmed Cell is in Super Hero...they announced the new Dragon Ball ichiban kuji titled VS Omnibus Ultra (Vs Omnibus always have pairs of figures that fought each other)...and the figures are Gohan and Piccolo from Super Hero vs Cell, Yardat Goku vs SS Trunks, and Majin Vegeta vs Buu

http://bpnavi.jp/s/kuji/sp/medias/show_by_key/db_vsou
    The theory is solid considering that Goku vs Trunks and Vegeta vs fat Boo have the right costumes and transformations, while Gohan/Piccolo vs Cell don't.

Still wouldn't take it as an absolute though, just that a possibility of Cell returning, or a new Cell, is sounding a bit more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It looks like a video game. Avery well done video game, sure but still a video game.
    Doesn't look that good to be fair, giving me the usual "awkward 3D animation from Japan" vibes, not as bad as some I've seen, but, yeah...

I wonder if thw script is good because there's a strange vibe getting by some leaks from here and there. Definitely going to watch though.
    I wouldn't trust the script much, ever since BoG Toriyama's scripts have been kind of meh, BoG had the best one, but Freeza and Broly? Forgettable stuff.

But this one does seem to have more of a story than RoF and Broly.

It is time, however for the Super anime to come back. Let's hope that they will resume broadcasting after this one. ( DBS began after two Z movies)
    It's surprising it didn't come back yet, didn't think Super would've stopped for this long lol.

Maybe next year 2uper will get an announcement, but I'm not even sure about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Even if the show comes back, it will be set before this film. There is 2 arcs of manga material to adapt. The anime could also adapt Broly if they wanted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    There are rumors that either Cell, or a new version of Cell, will be the final villain of the movie too.
    That or the new androids will likely fuse.

Got to love the recycling of plots.

Even if the show comes back, it will be set before this film. There is 2 arcs of manga material to adapt. The anime could also adapt Broly if they wanted.
    If the anime adapts the movies (Which they probably will if we consider Super's anime adapted BoG and RoF) they'll likely start with Broly, since it happens not long after ToP, though Toei could add a few filler episodes to drag things out.

If they adapt manga **** I hope it sucks less, Moro started alright but became more and more a generic DB villain like he's from the movies, which sucks 'cause his use of magic could be fun.

That or the new androids will likely fuse.
    I would be more surprised if that didn't happen to be fair, Cell or no Cell, the two guys fusing sounds very likely lol.

Got to love the recycling of plots.
    Unfortunately it's not out of place for Toriyama, Boo saga recycled a lot of plot points from Cell saga for example.

At least the execution could be more creative with Toriyama around, if just Toei does it it's just safe and boring.

Is this legit? If so cell max looks like a fusion of perfect cell and semi perfect cell.

https://highoncinemaa.com/tv-shows/a...cell-max/2679/

BANNED

Some spoilers I found from here and there. I do not know if they are legit so do not blame me if there are not.
    Mark the following text...

Start...

Don't expect too many scenes with Goku or Vegeta. There are on Beerus planet training under Whis. Broly is there with them and trains as well.
    It is revealed that dr Gero had two sons. The one he based No16 on and another one. This second son is the one who rebuilt's the Red Ribbon and the two Gamma Androids.
    Pan learns how to fly.
    Picollo actually has two new forms. The Potential Unlocked one we saw in an earlier trailer and a one that changes his skin from green to orange and with a special sign on his back.
    One of the Gamma androids will be destroyed. The other one will stick around as a regular member of the supporting cast.
    Cell comes back as Cell Max.
    Cell Max seemingly kills Picollo and that triggers a new transformation for Gohan SS-2 od DBZ style. This new form mimicks the Ultra forms of Goku and Vegeta.
    Gohan and Cell Max have a rematch. Gohan wins using Picollo's Special Canon Beam.
    There's a post credit scene depicting Goku vs Vegeta. Vegeta actually defeats Goku giving him the clean victory he always wanted ever since their first battle in DBZ's Sayan Saga.
    There's no connection of this movie with the Moro and Granolah arcs taking place in the manga.

End of spoilers.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 06-11-2022 at 10:34 PM.

Some spoilers I found from here and there. I do not know if they are legit so do not blame me if there are not.
    Mark the following text...

Start...

Don't expect to many scenes with Goku or Vegeta. There are on Beerus planet training under Whis. Broly is there with them and trains as well.
    It is revealed that dr Gero had two sons. The one he based No16 on and another one. This second son is the one who rebuilt's the Red Ribbon and the two Gamma Androids.
    Pan learns how to fly.
    Picollo actually has two new forms. The Potential Unlocked one we saw in an earlier trailer and a one that changes his skin from green to orange and with a special sign on his back.
    One of the Gamma androids will be destroyed. The other one will stick around as a regular member of the supporting cast.
    Cell comes back as Cell Max.
    Cell Max seemingly kills Picollo and that triggers a new transformation for Gohan SS-2 od DBZ style. This new form mimicks the Ultra forms of Goku and Vegeta.
    Gohan and Cell Max have a rematch. Gohan wins using Picollo's Special Canon Beam.
    There's a post credit scene depicting Goku vs Vegeta. Vegeta actually defeats Goku giving him the clean victory he always wanted ever since their first battle in DBZ's Sayan Saga.
    There's no connection of this movie with the Moro and Granolah arcs taking place in the manga.

End of spoilers.
    Huh sounds kinda so so and I don't like that death not that dieing in dragon ball means anything...

BANNED

I forgot a very interesting detail...
    Start
    There were not any signs of not only Ultra Instict or Ultra Ego but there were no Super Sayan Blue or Super Super Sayan god either.
    There was only Super Sayan Gohan, Mystic Gohan and this new transformation of Gohan's I mentioned earlier.

End.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Is this legit? If so cell max looks like a fusion of perfect cell and semi perfect cell.

https://highoncinemaa.com/tv-shows/a...cell-max/2679/
    Yes and no.
    START
    Cell Max does exist in the movie but it appears to be a brand new Cell and not the same one we saw in DBZ.
    FINISH

I forgot a very interesting detail...
    Start
    There were not any signs of not only Ultra Instict or Ultra Ego but there were no Super Sayan Blue or Super Super Sayan god either.
    There was only Super Sayan Gohan, Mystic Gohan and this new transformation of Gohan's I mentioned earlier.

End.
    spoilers:
    Ultra Ego is something from the manga, and the movies try to make it easy enough for anime-only and movie-only watchers to understand, it'd be more surprising if Ultra Ego made its animated debut here.
    end of spoilers