Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    spoilers:
    Ultra Ego is something from the manga, and the movies try to make it easy enough for anime-only and movie-only watchers to understand, it'd be more surprising if Ultra Ego made its animated debut here.
    end of spoilers
    Ι figured it that regarding that form. I was surprised more for the rest of the absences.

Man cell was wasted in this movie why didn't they just make a new villain? Cell max was basically just Bio Broly....

Astonishing Member

Apart from the strong showing for Piccolo and Gohan, this film was an absolute waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Apart from the strong showing for Piccolo and Gohan, this film was an absolute waste.
    Agreed but Gamma #1 and Gamma #2 were kinda cool pointless but cool.

Pan's and Piccolo's relationship was cool, most of the movie is boring and forgettable, Orange Piccolo is dumb, Gohan Blanco is even dumber and an asspull to boot too.

The pacing is far worse than BoG, which baffles why they'd do that, BoG's pacing is a pretty big problem with it too...

This has the most forgettable DB OST I've heard, I can't remember a single track from this movie, not even a specially bad one.

So yeah, whatever movie, somehow Pan is its saving grace, which's weird for me to say 'cause she's usually kinda annoying, and I don't really care about kid characters in general, but she's just adorable here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Man cell was wasted in this movie why didn't they just make a new villain? Cell max was basically just Bio Broly....
    Indeed, plus his design visually was far from impressive, IMHO, it was nothing more than a classic Cell recolor with only minor changes. Those bright colors were dreadful on the eyes....

The plot was forgettable and, honestly, a retread of the DBZ movie Super Andriod 13 in many ways.

And Gohan's Ultimate Form came across to me as little more than Ultra Instinct Lite.

The main saving graces were Pan and Piccolo finally getting a powerup/new form (hey it isn't perfect, far from it, but at least he has something of his own).

2 out of 5 (1 for Pan/Piccolo's powerup and 1 for Piccolo/Pan/Gohan's relationship), IMHO. The weakest "Super Movie" yet.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-23-2022 at 11:20 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, plus his design visually was far from impressive, IMHO, it was nothing more than a classic Cell recolor with only minor changes. Those bright colors were dreadful on the eyes....

The plot was forgettable and, honestly, a retread of the DBZ movie Super Andriod 13 in many ways.

And Gohan's Ultimate Form came across to me as little more than Ultra Instinct Lite.

The main saving graces were Pan and Piccolo finally getting a powerup/new form (hey it isn't perfect, far from it, but at least he has something of his own).

2 out of 5 (1 for Pan/Piccolo's powerup and 1 for Piccolo/Pan/Gohan's relationship), IMHO. The weakest "Super Movie" yet.
    I'd rank the super movies

Broly
    F
    Super hero
    BOG

I'd rank the super movies

Broly
    F
    Super hero
    BOG
    I rank them.

Resurrection F
    Battle of Gods
    Broly

(Distant fourth because at least two of the other three were original concepts) Super Hero - It was simply awful, repetitive, and boring, IMHO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-24-2022 at 08:38 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Another problem the form has is that it's an asspull.

Every other form in DB were foreshadowed for a while, or at least, had some sort of logical sense.

Before Gohan Blanco, the biggest asspull was Super Saiyan 3, since Goku talked like SS2 was his limit, then suddenly he pulls another form out of his ass for him to be able to keep up with Boo for a few minutes, and even that has a logical progression over the way Super Saiyan forms work.

Gohan Blanco, what is that? It's not Ultra Instinct, since he's not training to achieve it, and it has red eyes, it's unlikely to be a god form, since Gohan is not training, so, what is it? A Super Saiyan form that is exclusive to hybrids? Super Saiyan activated alongside the Elder Kaioshin's potential unlocked similar to what Piccolo got? Who the **** knows?

It's silly Piccolo got two of those, and the second one being just "He became bigger" is kinda meh...

Anyways, I'd say that among those movies it's BoG/Broly >>>> RoF >>>> Super Hero.

BoG's pacing sucks, but it introduces Beerus and Whis, hints at the multiverse, and uses the god ki that was implied to exist since Boo saga, I don't like SSG, it's the same bullshit as Gohan's unlocked potential way of getting a power up where characters are just given it... But at least on the story side there were cool stuff.

Broly, really cool fights, kinda boring story, Chelai is annoying, Broly himself is decent.

RoF is just a long fight and really I don't care about Freeza returning only to be killed off at the end, nor were the fights themselves that impressive, and the story really shouldn't be that long, cool musics though.

Super Hero, blergh... It reminded me of Jaco's manga with how much the plot is a bunch of nothing with some of the tamest, most boring jokes Toriyama came up with, which's another reason for me to not really care about modern Toriyama if he's only gonna make stuff on Jaco's style if he has that much creative control lol.

Still can't believe fucking Pan is that movie's saving grace...

Oh well, Toei itself might've been aware how much the movie was meh, the advertisement was a joke, specially coming after Broly's advertisement.

Another problem the form has is that it's an asspull.

Every other form in DB were foreshadowed for a while, or at least, had some sort of logical sense.

Before Gohan Blanco, the biggest asspull was Super Saiyan 3, since Goku talked like SS2 was his limit, then suddenly he pulls another form out of his ass for him to be able to keep up with Boo for a few minutes, and even that has a logical progression over the way Super Saiyan forms work.

Gohan Blanco, what is that? It's not Ultra Instinct, since he's not training to achieve it, and it has red eyes, it's unlikely to be a god form, since Gohan is not training, so, what is it? A Super Saiyan form that is exclusive to hybrids? Super Saiyan activated alongside the Elder Kaioshin's potential unlocked similar to what Piccolo got? Who the **** knows?

It's silly Piccolo got two of those, and the second one being just "He became bigger" is kinda meh...

Anyways, I'd say that among those movies it's BoG/Broly >>>> RoF >>>> Super Hero.

BoG's pacing sucks, but it introduces Beerus and Whis, hints at the multiverse, and uses the god ki that was implied to exist since Boo saga, I don't like SSG, it's the same bullshit as Gohan's unlocked potential way of getting a power up where characters are just given it... But at least on the story side there were cool stuff.

Broly, really cool fights, kinda boring story, Chelai is annoying, Broly himself is decent.

RoF is just a long fight and really I don't care about Freeza returning only to be killed off at the end, nor were the fights themselves that impressive, and the story really shouldn't be that long, cool musics though.

Super Hero, blergh... It reminded me of Jaco's manga with how much the plot is a bunch of nothing with some of the tamest, most boring jokes Toriyama came up with, which's another reason for me to not really care about modern Toriyama if he's only gonna make stuff on Jaco's style if he has that much creative control lol.

Still can't believe fucking Pan is that movie's saving grace...

Oh well, Toei itself might've been aware how much the movie was meh, the advertisement was a joke, specially coming after Broly's advertisement.
    It feels like there's a new transformation every week it's pointless now how much more powerful are they going to get? Pretty soon Goku is going to slap Galactus around I don't know why they just didn't cap the power levels off at SS4/blue? And eatch villain is just more and more powerful? It's very stupid.

It feels like there's a new transformation every week it's pointless now how much more powerful are they going to get? Pretty soon Goku is going to slap Galactus around I don't know why they just didn't cap the power levels off at SS4/blue? And eatch villain is just more and more powerful? It's very stupid.
    Eh, that's whatever, DB has has silly power levels ever since Roshi accidentally destroyed a mountain, then later on in the 21st tournament (The very next story arc after the search dragon balls and the training under Roshi), revealed Roshi is strong enough to destroy the moon, and eventually Goku surpassed him, and at the very least Vegeta later on in Saiyan Saga said he could destroy planets, and the power only increased from there.

Basically the characters having a potential that never ends is part of the franchise's DNA, ironically it's only in Boo saga where they were reaching a cap (Goku and Vegeta surpassed Cell Saga Gohan with their own SS2's, but the way it's worded, they're not that far above, and it took them 7 years to become that strong), but Whis' training ended that cap too.

It's stupid that they're becoming so much stronger with time, but at the latest, the franchise became this stupid with Freeza, with his second form having a power level of over 1 million, when the previous story arc had Vegeta, the previous main villain, have a power of 18k... And while in the manga the power levels aren't stated anymore, Freeza had two more transformations, the final one outclassed Piccolo, outclassed Vegeta who just got a zenkai that made him surpass Piccolo, outclassed Goku who just used Kaiokenx20, and Freeza was just using 50% of his power too lol.

So yeah, it's stupid they become stronger like this, and that's DB is, a stupid franchise, stupid fun though, which's another reason why the damn Super Hero movie is so blergh, it's not even that, it's mostly boring lol.

Eh, that's whatever, DB has has silly power levels ever since Roshi accidentally destroyed a mountain, then later on in the 21st tournament (The very next story arc after the search dragon balls and the training under Roshi), revealed Roshi is strong enough to destroy the moon, and eventually Goku surpassed him, and at the very least Vegeta later on in Saiyan Saga said he could destroy planets, and the power only increased from there.

Basically the characters having a potential that never ends is part of the franchise's DNA, ironically it's only in Boo saga where they were reaching a cap (Goku and Vegeta surpassed Cell Saga Gohan with their own SS2's, but the way it's worded, they're not that far above, and it took them 7 years to become that strong), but Whis' training ended that cap too.

It's stupid that they're becoming so much stronger with time, but at the latest, the franchise became this stupid with Freeza, with his second form having a power level of over 1 million, when the previous story arc had Vegeta, the previous main villain, have a power of 18k... And while in the manga the power levels aren't stated anymore, Freeza had two more transformations, the final one outclassed Piccolo, outclassed Vegeta who just got a zenkai that made him surpass Piccolo, outclassed Goku who just used Kaiokenx20, and Freeza was just using 50% of his power too lol.

So yeah, it's stupid they become stronger like this, and that's DB is, a stupid franchise, stupid fun though, which's another reason why the damn Super Hero movie is so blergh, it's not even that, it's mostly boring lol.
    I know that's what made DBZ so popular but come on it's time to evolve we don't need anymore power ups at least for awhile.

I know that's what made DBZ so popular but come on it's time to evolve we don't need anymore power ups at least for awhile.
    Power ups have been part of the franchise ever since the second story arc at its latest, they will keep happening because it's always about becoming stronger, specially with the likes of Jiren and Broly existing, and honestly, characters becoming stronger is pretty whatever, despite how much stronger they become, the fights look mostly the same and the feats themselves are mostly unimpressive, there's very little differences between a fight that happened in Saiyan Saga compared to a fight that happened now besides characters changing hair/skin colors.

The problem is when they introduce random transformations just for the sake of it, which is something Super Hero has, Piccolo getting two new transformations is silly, specially when Namekians aren't the transforming type, but sure, a light skin color change to give a visual indicator that he's using his power more is fine, but him becoming orange and bigger like the typical transformation just because Shenlong threw "a little extra"? Meh... And then we have Gohan Blanco, being far sillier lol.

Power ups have been part of the franchise ever since the second story arc at its latest, they will keep happening because it's always about becoming stronger, specially with the likes of Jiren and Broly existing, and honestly, characters becoming stronger is pretty whatever, despite how much stronger they become, the fights look mostly the same and the feats themselves are mostly unimpressive, there's very little differences between a fight that happened in Saiyan Saga compared to a fight that happened now besides characters changing hair/skin colors.

The problem is when they introduce random transformations just for the sake of it, which is something Super Hero has, Piccolo getting two new transformations is silly, specially when Namekians aren't the transforming type, but sure, a light skin color change to give a visual indicator that he's using his power more is fine, but him becoming orange and bigger like the typical transformation just because Shenlong threw "a little extra"? Meh... And then we have Gohan Blanco, being far sillier lol.
    Ya I know but I'm sick of it it would be the same story if everyone was still at ssblue levels.