Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It feels like there's a new transformation every week it's pointless now how much more powerful are they going to get? Pretty soon Goku is going to slap Galactus around I don't know why they just didn't cap the power levels off at SS4/blue? And eatch villain is just more and more powerful? It's very stupid.
    Power creep. Happens to all Shonen manga franchises. They up the stakes with each new villain in order to escalate the threats faced by the heroes. Then the hero needs a new technique or power up to beat the villain. Add, rinse, repeat.

Dragonball is the worst of the bunch. Bleach is a close second with how many ass pulls Ichigo has - he is a Soul Reaper. Oh, wait, his mother was a Quincy too!

BANNED

As for the question of how much stronger Goku might going to get in the future, there's a new rumour/ theory that might answer that if, of course, they chooose to follow that route.
    There's going to be some sort of battle, a major battle that's going to result into a major catastrophe. They will going to reverse this outcome but on the expanse of Goku's and Vegeta's God Ki undoing all these upgrades from SS-g to the Ultra Instict and Ultra Ego and deleting the frienship both of them have with Beerus and Whis reverting them to the status they were pre BoG.
    This will lead them to the finale of Z (in which there was never a indication foreshadowing these events) and then to GT were the SS4 powers will be introduced as we all remember.
    Personally, I am guessing that this major battle will be between Goku and Vegeta who they have become entities similar to Whis and Beerus at that point and they will damage the universe so badly that somehow must terminate the affairs between humans and divine deities. The Super Dragon Ball set do have powers to accomplish this.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 06-25-2022 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    As for the question of how much stronger Goku might going to get in the future, there's a new rumour/ theory that might answer that if, of course, they chooose to follow that route.
    There's going to be some sort of battle, a major battle that's going to result into a major catastrophe. They will going to reverse this outcome but on the expanse of Goku's and Vegeta's God Ki undoing all these upgrades from SS-g to the Ultra Instict and Ultra Ego and deleting the frienship both of them have with Beerus and Whis reverting them to the status they were pre BoG.
    This will lead them to the finale of Z (in which there was never a indication foreshadowing these events) and then to GT were the SS4 powers will be introduced as we all remember.
    Personally, I am guessing that this major battle will be between Goku and Vegeta who they have become entities similar to Whis and Beerus at that point and they will damage the universe so badly that somehow must terminate the affairs between humans and divine deities. The Super Dragon Ball set do have powers to accomplish this.
    That sounds more like a fanfiction to be able to line up Super with GT than anything that would actually happen.

Even if something happens that somehow makes Goku and Vegeta lose god ki, so what? They can get it back again, they know how to do so lol.

Plus Goku and Vegeta would never have a fight that damages the universe if they can help it.

Out of universe, there's absolutely no good reason why Toei would ever want to get rid of transformations, when RoF had a plan to get rid of SS1/2/3, by having Goku's and Vegeta's base form have SSG's power and Blue as the sole transformation, U6 tournament brought the yellow forms back.

So yeah, this is extremely unlikely to happen, even if it does, this rumor conveniently ignores Gohan's and Piccolo's new forms too lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That sounds more like a fanfiction to be able to line up Super with GT than anything that would actually happen.

Even if something happens that somehow makes Goku and Vegeta lose god ki, so what? They can get it back again, they know how to do so lol.

Plus Goku and Vegeta would never have a fight that damages the universe if they can help it.

Out of universe, there's absolutely no good reason why Toei would ever want to get rid of transformations, when RoF had a plan to get rid of SS1/2/3, by having Goku's and Vegeta's base form have SSG's power and Blue as the sole transformation, U6 tournament brought the yellow forms back.

So yeah, this is extremely unlikely to happen, even if it does, this rumor conveniently ignores Gohan's and Piccolo's new forms too lol.
    I also thought of that but there are some details... Suppose the Super Dragonballs reverse time in order to change the past? What if the Super Dragonball erases the meeting between Beerus and Goku? That would not only erase the god ki but the knownlenge of how to possess it. In the finale of Z we didn't saw no transformations of any kind.
    A Days of the Future Past treatment t is unlikely but not entirely impossible to happen.
    It's not like Toei didn't used elements from Dragonball AF (which was basically a fan fiction) in order to make Super. They even hired the guy who drew AF for Super.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 06-26-2022 at 04:06 AM.

I hate everything about this, and have seen this posted before around the web since BoG movie.
    No, just no.

I also thought of that but there are some details... Suppose the Super Dragonballs reverse time in order to change the past? What if the Super Dragonball erases the meeting between Beerus and Goku? That would not only erase the god ki but the knownlenge of how to possess it.
    Who would use the Super Dragon Balls to do so? Why even do that?

In-universe this has faulty logic, out of universe, again, Toei has no reason to get rid of the new forms, they even come up with new forms that aren't part of Toriyama's scripts, I seriously doubt this same Toei would get sick of 'em and try to delete 'em.

In the finale of Z we didn't saw no transformations of any kind.
    There was no need, the only "serious" fight in it is Goku vs Oob, and it stops as soon as Oob uses a ki attack.

Even then, the way End of Z happened originally isn't the way it's gonna happen with a post Super setting, since the manga states they had peace for 10 years, but with the amount of **** Super has, there are more arcs in it than in the entirety of Z, and if we count the Super manga, then it has more nonsense than the entirery of DB and Z.

A Days of the Future Past treatment t is unlikely but not entirely impossible to happen.
    Not "entirely" impossible, but there's a 99% chance of it not happening, different hair colors print money and they just came up with Gohan Blanco, they're not getting rid of God, Blue, UI or UE.

It's not like Toei didn't used elements from Dragonball AF (which was basically a fan fiction) in order to make Super.
    Yes and there's the infamous picture on Deviantart about a evil Goku dressed in black with pink hair, created many many years before even BoG was considered.

Just because there are coincidences and DB can read like a bad fanfiction, it doesn't mean they'll pick up every fanfiction plot, specially one that erases Super, because Super is a success and in Japan it's even replacing Z as the franchise's name, they're not deleting it.

They even hired the guy who drew AF for Super.
    Means little, just because Toyotaro drew it, doesn't mean we'll suddenly see Xicor lol.

At best we can have plot points being shared because it's the same writer, and annoyingly enough, Toyotaro recycled **** from his AF doujinshi into Super (Black's arc is the most obvious, both it and AF have Vegeta switching between forms to not waste stamina, and Black's personality is similar to Xicor's too), but even if Toyotaro wanted to make a plot that deletes god forms for some reason, he'd need Toriyama's and Toei's authorizations, and on the small chance this is accepted, it'll be temporary lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I hate everything about this, and have seen this posted before around the web since BoG movie.
    No, just no.
    Huh, I did get the feeling I saw something like it, but no idea where...

All I know is down the road Goku is going to end up fighting Zeno and he will win.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Who would use the Super Dragon Balls to do so? Why even do that?

In-universe this has faulty logic, out of universe, again, Toei has no reason to get rid of the new forms, they even come up with new forms that aren't part of Toriyama's scripts, I seriously doubt this same Toei would get sick of 'em and try to delete 'em.

There was no need, the only "serious" fight in it is Goku vs Oob, and it stops as soon as Oob uses a ki attack.

Even then, the way End of Z happened originally isn't the way it's gonna happen with a post Super setting, since the manga states they had peace for 10 years, but with the amount of **** Super has, there are more arcs in it than in the entirety of Z, and if we count the Super manga, then it has more nonsense than the entirery of DB and Z.

Not "entirely" impossible, but there's a 99% chance of it not happening, different hair colors print money and they just came up with Gohan Blanco, they're not getting rid of God, Blue, UI or UE.

Yes and there's the infamous picture on Deviantart about a evil Goku dressed in black with pink hair, created many many years before even BoG was considered.

Just because there are coincidences and DB can read like a bad fanfiction, it doesn't mean they'll pick up every fanfiction plot, specially one that erases Super, because Super is a success and in Japan it's even replacing Z as the franchise's name, they're not deleting it.

Means little, just because Toyotaro drew it, doesn't mean we'll suddenly see Xicor lol.

At best we can have plot points being shared because it's the same writer, and annoyingly enough, Toyotaro recycled **** from his AF doujinshi into Super (Black's arc is the most obvious, both it and AF have Vegeta switching between forms to not waste stamina, and Black's personality is similar to Xicor's too), but even if Toyotaro wanted to make a plot that deletes god forms for some reason, he'd need Toriyama's and Toei's authorizations, and on the small chance this is accepted, it'll be temporary lol.

Huh, I did get the feeling I saw something like it, but no idea where...
    Ιn the Divine Realm? Almost everyone. As of why? I do not know, probably something big and severe that demands the attention of the High Priest.
    After watching DB and especially Super, it came to my mind that almost anything can happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    All I know is down the road Goku is going to end up fighting Zeno and he will win.
    It was established that Goku wants a re match with Beerus.

Ιn the Divine Realm? Almost everyone.
    The gods themselves don't really care about others getting god ki, specially considering mortals getting god ki is how we get gods of destruction to begin with.

Hell they ever got up in respect when Goku got UI in the anime lol.

As of why? I do not know, probably something big and severe that demands the attention of the High Priest.
    Grand Priest mostly doesn't care, and whatever happens, blaming Goku and Vegeta for it is hardly something he'd do lol.

After watching DB and especially Super, it came to my mind that almost anything can happen.
    DB ain't a super hero comic book, they don't reset status quo that hard, and there's no reason why they'd deleted hair recolors.

Angry

So, this will be DB's version of OMD? Although I'm not a big fan of the Super Era (other than the early GB Arc and some elements of Resurrection F), I detest this idea it is such a cheap "wave a magic wand undo everything because we are not talented enough to get ourselves out of the corner we painted these characters into" out - lazy writing 101.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-27-2022 at 07:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

What's with this strange fan fiction on here? All of it sounds like absolute tosh.

Why on Earth would they reset the whole thing after making a big deal/building up the new forms? They have an out for if they wish to write Beerus etc out by having him go into another 30 year sleep. You can retroactively say Goku didn't use UI at the World Tournament as he was trying to determine Uub's skill set. Once he did, he took him away to train. Vegeta was only there to fight Goku, so he likely pulled out himself.

Extraordinary Member

So much of the DB Super anime was unearned power ups (like Ultra instinct or Super Sayan Rage) that I was surprised anybody was surprised at stuff like Gohan Blanco or Bigger Piccolo.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    What's with this strange fan fiction on here? All of it sounds like absolute tosh.

Why on Earth would they reset the whole thing after making a big deal/building up the new forms? They have an out for if they wish to write Beerus etc out by having him go into another 30 year sleep. You can retroactively say Goku didn't use UI at the World Tournament as he was trying to determine Uub's skill set. Once he did, he took him away to train. Vegeta was only there to fight Goku, so he likely pulled out himself.
    Even if we ignore how Toei may make characters take forever to transform, Goku himself doesn't do it if he doesn't feel like he has to, specially considering that starting in Boo saga, it's made clear the characters actively don't want people to know about 'em, so a non-serious fight against an opponent who's not really a threat, Goku has little reason to transform at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    So much of the DB Super anime was unearned power ups (like Ultra instinct or Super Sayan Rage) that I was surprised anybody was surprised at stuff like Gohan Blanco or Bigger Piccolo.
    SSG was unearned, UI was fine since it was hinted at since RoF and Goku didn't get it easily (Even if the reasoning he got it to begin with was bullshit), and he has to keep training to use it more.

Gohan Blanco is just another SS2 moment for him, which sucks because there was no foreshadowing for it, nor does it follow any logic over the transformations we have so far, so he might as well have pulled that form from his ass, and Orange Piccolo is basically SSG and Elder Kai's unlocked potential all over again, a power up being given to the character, so yeah...