Default Aquamen #4 spoiler/discussion

Let us celebrate the heroic Aquamen…oh and I guess Black Manta who continues to share a spot in this book. Talk about riding off your sons success am I right?

Anyway this issue gets into things by explaining who the heck the Scavenger is and how he went from guy in a cruddy scuba suit to Atlantis Magic Power Armor. Personally I’m all for it because it’s updating a lesser known villain instead of just using the same ones, ie Black Manta. Who may have some ties to scavenger because while fighting him Scavenger calls Manta a traitor. Lucky for Manta his son Jackson saves him. Batwoman is there too by the way, but it’s an Aquaman book so…she just gets to fight for like a page or two.

However Scavenger is not the only problem, the sleeper agents are only getting more troublesome and now the world government knows something is up with attacks from Atlantis and it’s causing potential political discourse, especially now that there is evidence of Black Manta, a wanted dangerous criminal, working alongside the Aquamen. It is not a good look and only gets worse when one of the UN’s members turns out to be a sleeper agent and sets off a bomb. The Sleeper agents are on the loose and going all over the DC universe to cause anarchy, including Metropolis. The Aquafamily, plus Manta, Garth, and Tula are on the race to solve the problem as fast as they can. By the way it’s nice to see Garth and Tula and see them quip and contribute. We need more of it but hey it’s nice to see

So our heroes are getting to work and call in the one man who may be able to help them… Mister Terrific! I love mister terrific so this is awesome for me personally and really cements a feeling of it all being centered within the wider dc universe. People should really read more books like this
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-24-2022 at 06:55 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Is this the first time Garth and Tula have actually exchanged dialogue in, like, years? Wild.

I'm glad Mr. Terrific has started making a resurgence in the comics again.