Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Children of Steel

Any thoughts on the idea of Lois and Clark having more super-kids?

I guess they could have a daughter but I’m in no rush to add another kid when Jon isn’t even a decade old in terms of his publication existence.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I second Vordan, but I'll add another child can make up for the screw up that DC did with aging up Jon. Yeah, I'm no fan of Jon, but they really screwed up.

Mighty Member

I'm not sure...they couldn't even let Jon stay a child that long...

El Zilcho. Clark and Lois need to be relieved of the baggage of the current one, much less be saddled with another.

Unless it were just a baby but I have no confidence they'd do that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-25-2022 at 04:13 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

they wouldn't let the next one be a baby or a kid, so what is the point.

We got jon

we could have cir, Lor, and Kon if DC would use them all. those 3 are at the right age that DC likes, so they are ready to use, unlike another child.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

As was said, DC wouldn't let Jon stay a kid very long before they essentially erased his kid version, and replaced him with Clark 2.0.
    And in world, I wouldn't let Lois and Clark raise another kid period with what they did with Jon under Bendis. If they got another kid, they would probably put them in the same room with red solar light and kryptonite on all the furniture.

Uh-uh. DC, beginning with Bendis, ruined Superman and Lois for me. When the age-up first happened, there was a fanart floating around about Clark failing previous kids he had taken in (Lor, Cir, etc.), with Jon at the forefront. It needs a sequel showing he failed once again at being a half-decent parent.

Hell at this point I’d rather get a daughter with Maxima who can be the Damian of the family. That would be entertaining (for me) at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hell at this point I’d rather get a daughter with Maxima who can be the Damian of the family. That would be entertaining (for me) at least.
    well there was Pyrrhos the son of Circe during the future state issues
    DC-Future-State-Superman-House-of-El-1-spoilers-1-Pyrrhos-scaled.jpg

Honestly if we had a Nickle for every time a supervillain had a child with superman we would have about three. which yeah 1 was already pushing it

as for having another kid that would be interesting but i feel they're just going re-tread alot from Jon and double down on the dumb "Half kryptonian human messiah" narrative that i never like with Jon
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 05-25-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm all in with this TBH.

Personally, I think Jon becoming Superman was a mistake. The idea works in a Elseworld (books, TV show, games, etc.) something divorced from the mainline books that has been on-going for nearly a century. You can't replace Clark. So, if Clark and Lois were to have another child, I think it's a good oppurtunity to explore the non-superhero side of Superman's world since the opportunity was lost with Jon. I know some folks won't be keen on this, but I want a side-liners (like in Astro City), for DC Comics.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If Jon is Clark 2.0, then I can only imagine another child would be Jon 2.0. So I'd say no more kids for now. If they did though, I'd say no superpowers.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Much as I would love for Clark to have a child with no powers, I think it wouldn't fly. Even CW had to use two kids.

Astonishing Member

Bring back Cir El.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Bring back Cir El.

this is my answer and I will always want her back. change her backstory, change her costume a Lil, but keep the rest
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.