Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Unless specifically prohibited by editorial, I can see how writers would rather create an all-new character than use an already established one (less baggage. Fewer expectations. The opportunity to build a character from the ground up). OTOH, there's always the possibility of said new character being thrown onto the pile of already neglected characters that aren't being used by current and future writers. Luckily, I really don't see that happening to Jon.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Unless specifically prohibited by editorial, I can see how writers would rather create an all-new character than use an already established one (less baggage. Fewer expectations. The opportunity to build a character from the ground up). OTOH, there's always the possibility of said new character being thrown onto the pile of already neglected characters that aren't being used by current and future writers. Luckily, I really don't see that happening to Jon.
    Are we talking kid Jon or "other Jon"? Because, yes. They pretty much are different characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Are we talking kid Jon or "other Jon"? Because, yes. They pretty much are different characters.
    I very much consider them the same character, but your mileage may vary. I honestly just never saw what the big deal was in having an older teen Jon, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm not sure...they couldn't even let Jon stay a child that long...
    I wonder why that was. With Johns and the rapid aging of the Young Justice crew you knew it was because he wanted to have them do sex stuff or whatever. But what was the deal with Jon? I mean, the why part.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I very much consider them the same character, but your mileage may vary. I honestly just never saw what the big deal was in having an older teen Jon, personally.
    Its the process in which older Jon came about. Never mind there were already Kara and Kon that were in the late-teen/early adult category for the Super Family.

Dude I was against the first one. :/
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its the process in which older Jon came about. Never mind there were already Kara and Kon that were in the late-teen/early adult category for the Super Family.
    I felt the same way when they first introduced Damian in the Bat books, but apparently editorial wanted actual blood relations.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I wonder why that was. With Johns and the rapid aging of the Young Justice crew you knew it was because he wanted to have them do sex stuff or whatever. But what was the deal with Jon? I mean, the why part.
    You know...Now that you say that it may be for the exact same reason. The most you could write about a literal child who is LGBT is perhaps he has crushes on other boys or something, but to really get to things like semi-meaningful relationships or sex stuff he'd have to be a teenager at the least.