Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This isn't some cut and dry damsel in distress though. From the fcbd because it was free MJ's aunt was upstairs sleep, had she not gone with Moira, moira would have killed her aunt. Peter himself would not have been able to get out of a situation like that without surrendering. So if the two are connected it actually makes the reason even better why MJ would need rescuing because she was taken at a time where fighting back would have meant the life of a loved one so after realizing she could not win she did the smartest thing to preserve a life.
    Even more MJ said she'd be travelling and back in a week. No mention of the kids and I know Anna has dementia, but even she would probably have asked. So to me that also furthers the idea that the kid angle is a non thing and can be easily sought as a trick too

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    If they did it would go against pretty much everything they have painstakingly built since OMD. It would be one of the biggest things Marvel has ever did with Peter. A colossal shift. Something like that they would milk for years. MJ would be pregnant for far longer then a mere 9 months.
    If they want Peter to have a legacy a legacy that he is a part of one a day to day basis then they have to have him have one. If Peter stays in the spot he keeps getting reset to while everyone else in the MU moves forward, especially with the way these stories are now being mined faster and the movies age them faster making their comic incarnations more susceptible to change he is in danger of being Hank Pym'ed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Even more MJ said she'd be travelling and back in a week. No mention of the kids and I know Anna has dementia, but even she would probably have asked. So to me that also furthers the idea that the kid angle is a non thing and can be easily sought as a trick too
    Very possible as well not enough info and i'm mainly speculating but the fact that they want each other is what is important to me. So far this doesn't seem to be a case of there is no emotional connection between Peter and MJ so i don't feel baited at all.

For all we know she may have recently stumbled upon them in a lab and they have her and peter dna and she's only known for days. Maybe sinister is involved. I mean with hell fire gala upcoming anything is possible. That's why i love the shared universe aspect. lol and the only thing about AXE that has me interested in AXe is the Spiderman/MJ angle. lmao. I really want to see where this story goes. It's exciting to be into a spidey comic for essentially the first time since Spidey and the Xmen. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-25-2022 at 02:34 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This is probably why they potentially delayed and rewrote the issue to exclude MJ, and possibly why they thought issue two would have less impact if they'd kept MJ in. Fans would just believe she was Moira, so now MJ is just the damsel that needs rescuing before we get answers on who definitely dumped Peter.

Not a good look for Marvel either way. It was lose/lose.
    But I’m pretty sure, from what Marvel staffers and writers have said, that one office (say, the X-office) can’t just borrow a character from another office (say, the Spider-office) without permission and coordination.

So it’s not like Duggan came up with Moira Jane and the Spider-office just has to accommodate it. The Spider-office would have needed to give permission for the use of MJ and so it wouldn’t come as a surprise to them - at least, as far as I understand. They would know the timing long in advance and so would be able to plan their own story accordingly and vice versa.

I’m guessing Wells handed in an outline and they based the covers and solicits on that, but when Wells sat down to write the story the beats fell into different books. Still, Marvel could have tried to lead from the front and let people know the inside doesn’t match the outside. Or change the cover and solicit for the digital issue, at least. If they had wanted to, of course.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-25-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Very possible as well not enough info and i'm mainly speculating but the fact that they want each other is what is important to me. So far this doesn't seem to be a case of there is no emotional connection between Peter and MJ so i don't feel baited at all.
    Umm what? Peter clearly misses MJ and she is sad and has sad she never stops loving him even during the times they have these breaks. We're also getting a future story about them. So we know where this all heading

Umm what? Peter clearly misses MJ and she is sad and has sad she never stops loving him even during the times they have these breaks. We're also getting a future story about them. So we know where this all heading
    i agree with you. It's obvious they want each other. Maybe i worded it bad. I usually edit a lot in the first minute because sometimes i type things literally as i think them and then am like is this making sense.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

All-New Member

I hated seeing Peter being so comfortable around Norman. Cleansed of his sins or not, after everything Norman has done to him this just feels weird.

i agree with you. It's obvious they want each other. Maybe i worded it bad. I usually edit a lot in the first minute because sometimes i type things literally as i think them and then am like is this making sense.

Ah ok
    But it's because again of that day that marvel has backed themselves into a corner that they can't put Peter with anyone else but MJ. You could take her out of the book and try another but that didn't work before and wouldn't work if they tried again. The fact there's a Peter MJ story for his 60th anniversary proves that too. Marvel knows they can't move on but to tease and have over the top drama until they have that let's finally get these 2 married again but want to turn it into a grand spectacular and what will probably happen is would get the same kind of news coverage Peter did when they said they're killing him off for
    superior
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 05-25-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Miracleman View Post
    I hated seeing Peter being so comfortable around Norman. Cleansed of his sins or not, after everything Norman has done to him this just feels weird.
    That did feel a little creepy. I agree. But granted my last full bout with Norman was during Dark reign.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-25-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ah ok
    But it's because again of that day that marvel has backed themselves into a corner that they can't put Peter with anyone else but MJ. You could take her out of the book and try another but that didn't work before and wouldn't work if they tried again. The fact there's a Peter MJ story for his 60th anniversary proves that too. Marvel knows they can't move on but to tease and have over the top drama until they have that let's finally get these 2 married again but want to turn it into a grand spectacular and what will probably happen is would get the same kind of news coverage Peter did when they said they're killing him off foe superior
    I want them getting together again to be a grand spectacular. I want them to be able to recommit on panel and not have some slopped together reunion. I think MJ deserves that. and i think your right Peter has been painted into a corner and can't be with anyone else but MJ but it's not because of MArvel it's because of the story. MJ is suppose to be stunning, a model, out of Peter league, and yet she is more down to earth than next door gwen into that she accepted him for who he was. MJ has been loyal to peter and there for him throughout their history despite everything so to have Peter keep saying he loves her but then the story not showing that at some point when the totality of work is presented Peter unwittingly will become the villain and at the point when the viewer becomes the writer who knows what road Peter may take. There is no excuse for why Peter and MJ aren't together because writers kept dangling the love and MJ kept being MJ. They need to truly end it and have them move forward or have them move forward. Jmho.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I want them getting together again to be a grand spectacular. I want them to be able to recommit on panel and not have some slopped together reunion. I think MJ deserves that. and i think your right Peter has been painted into a corner and can't be with anyone else but MJ but it's not because of MArvel it's because of the story. MJ is suppose to be stunning, a model, out of Peter league, and yet she is more down to earth than next door gwen into that she accepted him for who he was. MJ has been loyal to peter and there for him throughout their history despite everything so to have Peter keep saying he loves her but then the story not showing that at some point when the totality of work is presented Peter unwittingly will become the villain and at the point when the viewer becomes the writer who knows what road Peter may take. There is no excuse for why Peter and MJ aren't together because writers kept dangling the love and MJ kept being MJ. They need to truly end it and have them move forward or have them move forward. Jmho.
    Like a big Wedding issue on the same level as the Hellfire Gala? Well, maybe not that extravagant, but it should have about the same level of significance and importance in/to the Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Miracleman View Post
    I feel the same way.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I did enjoy this issue and am excited to see what Tombstone’s plan is, but the cover and synopsis were clickbait lol

How does White Rabbit keep staying out of prison? Shouldn't she be running this by the Syndicate? Is this the most mentally stable she's ever been written as?

And for a second issue in a row, Tombstone is the most interesting thing in a Spider-Man comic. It almost seems like they're working to give him a bit more character.

Speaking of character, Peter is totally not in it. I get that Norman's been cleansed, but seeing them all buddy buddy is just....ugh. Again, hinting at whatever Peter did to get the world to hate him. It's just.....cringe I guess. Also it's kinda weird to see Normie so...normal....given that he's going to team up with Venom over in that run (A MUCH more superior run than this one, I might add)

Also....why on earth is Mary Jane on the cover when she doesn't appear at all nor is she even hinted at???

Two issues in and this is already shaping up to be one of the worst Spider-Man runs I've ever read