Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default ASM 2 (#896) Discussion

01.jpg

I'm already triggered by this run. I accepted Issue 1's weak points and negative parts because I liked the Mafia story and JRJR's art, but this is way worse. Peter has become an insufferable jerk and his actions almost look like they're made out of anger or revenge (Peter Parker? The man who forgave murderers of the worst species?). Also, the dialogue between him and Rabbit is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. But most important: Norman Osborn being in touch with his nieces? How? Why? I get he was cleansed, but why on Earth would Liz Allan be ok with a psycho hanging out with her kids? What was the point of Peter babysitting them if we didn't even see the interactions? Why is Norman Osborn walking free and without a worry in the world? Why does Spider-Man hate Tombstone so bad he lock himself in a truck to beat the crap out of him? WHY DOES THE COVER FEATURE MARY JANE IF SHE DOESN'T EVEN APPEAR IN THE WHOLE ISSUE?
    I'm pissed off, Zeb Wells. The only way I see this making sense is a parallel universe considering the ending of Spider-Man: Beyond.

Incredible Member

I was on the fence during Spencer's run but I'll take that over Beyond and now this run. This is going to be as painful as the 1998 renumbering

Usually I give a new book (or new run) 3-5 issues before I drop it if I don’t like it. From the sound of it, stopping at issue one was a good choice.

I'm loving it. I feel like i picked up the sunday comic strip i use to read as a kid as an adult and the story continues. Even more beautiful ^_^

Loved the scene between Tombstone and his daughter and her "i'll go"

The art was top notch in this and overall i like that it makes sense why peter's life is in the current state it's in and though he may be once again the under dog there are subtle changes that show growth like him knowing when the eat and when to take care of himself or if he's ready for the suit or not despite "circling back for it."

This feels like a 1 year later type of story and i like that that gives me enough breathing room to get into what is going on in this story. The characterizations so far have been top notch. And i don't see Peter as dumb as see peter as thinking "well what would have happened or could happen if i don't go." dude takes responsibility seriously.

asm201.jpg

Definitely looking forward to issue 3.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

I know some feel bait and switched by the cover, but is that still a thing?

Feels like covers stopped being representative of what's inside a comic for quite a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm loving it. I feel like i picked up the sunday comic strip i use to read as a kid as an adult and the story continues. Even more beautiful ^_^.
    You do know the Sunday comic ended with Peter and MJ happily married and heading off into the sunset right?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    You do know the Sunday comic ended with Peter and MJ happily married and heading off into the sunset right?
    I do not. But this feels like a continuation of where i left off as a kid. Like they prob got divorced, she moved on and something happened and now he wants her back. Pick up on opening scene. I'm good with that trajectory. I don't want or need to throw everybody else story on this one when i'm enjoying what i'm reading here. The feeling is enough. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I am disappointed. Two issues in a row, Peter is the most uninteresting part of his comics. The cover and description were bait. I like Tombstone, I'm sure Wells will write a good story about it, but this is not a Tombstone comic, this is a main Spider-Man series.

I’ll just continue saving my $3.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Was sad to see it end, but I’m glad they remained married to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Was sad to see it end, but I’m glad they remained married to the end.
    Me too (glad to hear they were married to the end.) but one more day is what it is and i'm not going to dwell on it. This is a story where imo we are getting inside peter head. is it perfect, no? but guess what peter was never perfect. i never bought iron spider and that other stuff, this is Peter Parker and when you destroy a city it kind of makes sense to be the under dog again in an organic way.

Also it's clear MJ is longing for peter. for all we know she had his twins. They needed to move forward.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Me too but one more day is what it is and i'm not going to dwell on it. This is a story where imo we are getting inside peter head. is it perfect, no? but guess what peter was never perfect. i never bought iron spider and that other stuff, this is Peter Parker and when you destroy a city it kind of makes sense to be the under dog again in an organic way.
    Nothing Peter's done since OMD has been organic or in-character.

Me too (glad to hear they were married to the end.) but one more day is what it is and i'm not going to dwell on it. This is a story where imo we are getting inside peter head. is it perfect, no? but guess what peter was never perfect. i never bought iron spider and that other stuff, this is Peter Parker and when you destroy a city it kind of makes sense to be the under dog again in an organic way.

Also it's clear MJ is longing for peter. for all we know she had his twins. They needed to move forward.
    His twins? You honestly think Marvel’s going to let Peter biologically have twin children when they’ve fought so long to keep him from even having one? The kids are either an illusion or Marvel has made Mary Jane into a liar who has kept the fact that she has had two children this entire time from Peter..

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    His twins? You honestly think Marvel’s going to let Peter biologically have twin children when they’ve fought so long to keep him from even having one? The kids are either an illusion or Marvel has made Mary Jane into a liar who has kept the fact that she has had two children this entire time from Peter..
    And that they look like a young Peter and MJ?

They're most likely clones or illusions. If we don't see them outside the apartment ever or just mentioned then yeah they're illusions

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    And that they look like a young Peter and MJ?

They're most likely clones or illusions. If we don't see them outside the apartment ever or just mentioned then yeah they're illusions
    I could see Jackal ( clones), or Mysterio ( Illusions) behind this. It would be yet one more trick the readership ( in a not so good way) from “The House Of Ideas.”