Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I could see Jackal ( clones), or Mysterio ( Illusions) behind this. It would be yet one more trick the readership ( in a not so good way) from “The House Of Ideas.”
    I mean you have 2 major mysteries for Peter and MJ.
    The Peter one you can drag out for a long time and then MJ one can be fixed for a dumb reason as it an illusion in one issue and them back together dragged out but fixed just as easily

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So as an aside, I know John Romita Jr. is a legend in the industry, but boy does his modern art not do anything for me.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So as an aside, I know John Romita Jr. is a legend in the industry, but boy does his modern art not do anything for me.
    What issue do you think he bails by?

Well this just feels...odd.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    What issue do you think he bails by?
    Isn't Patrick Gleason already coming back? Or is that just for a tie-in.

Isn't Ed McGuinness doing 900 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Patrick Gleason already coming back? Or is that just for a tie-in.

Isn't Ed McGuinness doing 900 too?
    Ed is on 900, Pat is on 9 and another person is 10.
    Pat also designed the new Spider goblin suit with sketch of how it works.
    JRJR did covers for 9 and 10
    Depends on solicit or early info for 11 and 12, but asking others for their opinion

What a waste of a comic.

I'll start with the cover since it comes first. If we are used to it or not is beside the point. Putting out a cover like that and then not even featuring MJ in the damn comic is just bullshit plain and simple. I am reading the untold history of marvel atm and even though that book is pretty biased and sometimes quite bad it does a good job of portraying the crap marvel has pulled over the years. This era of SM will fit right into that book. Just a new way for marvel to alieniate readers by dishonest gimmicks and advertisement.

Norman, Liz and Normie stretches the supense so far that it breaks. In a comic with people in silly costumes.

Tombstone and his daughter was the good part. but as others have pointed out: this comic is not the amazing Tombstone. Witch is as shame because I would rather read that by Wells. Reading this issue I am prone to believe he rather write it too.

The less I say about White Rabbit the better.

One final thought. I get why the fight had to move inside the truck but usually Peter moves the fight away from the people in danger, in this case the rose. When reading SM over the years this has been beat into my head over and over. So it's a bit odd to see him act like this. Enraged or whatever excuse we have atm going on.

BANNED

The solicitation for this issue was a complete lie as well.

Nick lowe doing more damage control in the letters page apparently.

I’m glad I didn’t spend a dime on this trash, I won’t touch Spider-Man again until wells and Lowe are gone.

Norman Osborn as the only supporting cast ffs.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I mean you have 2 major mysteries for Peter and MJ.
    The Peter one you can drag out for a long time and then MJ one can be fixed for a dumb reason as it an illusion in one issue and them back together dragged out but fixed just as easily
    The MJ that dumped Peter could have be3n Moria

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    His twins? You honestly think Marvel’s going to let Peter biologically have twin children when they’ve fought so long to keep him from even having one? The kids are either an illusion or Marvel has made Mary Jane into a liar who has kept the fact that she has had two children this entire time from Peter..
    I don't see why not. I could easily see Marvel giving Peter two children and then those two children meeting Val and Frankie and Joe and kalla and Dani. In a lot of ways this is the most organic shift i've felt in marvel like ever. There are a lot of legacy children running around of super powered individuals and a lot of potential. In a lot of ways it feels like if marvel does it right they could be on the cusp of a modern golden age in the MU if they get the synergy of the franchises right. Peter imo is in danger of being left behind, turning into the Peter Pan of the MU and this story so far is a good next step beyond that imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't see why not. I could easily see Marvel giving Peter two children and then those two children meeting Val and Frankie and Joe and kalla and Dani. In a lot of ways this is the most organic shift i've felt in marvel like ever. There are a lot of legacy children running around of super powered individuals and a lot of potential. In a lot of ways it feels like if marvel does it right they could be on the cusp of a modern golden age in the MU if they get the synergy of the franchises right. Peter imo is in danger of being left behind, turning into the Peter Pan of the MU and this story so far is a good next step beyond that imo.
    If they did it would go against pretty much everything they have painstakingly built since OMD. It would be one of the biggest things Marvel has ever did with Peter. A colossal shift. Something like that they would milk for years. MJ would be pregnant for far longer then a mere 9 months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    The MJ that dumped Peter could have be3n Moria
    This is probably why they potentially delayed and rewrote the issue to exclude MJ, and possibly why they thought issue two would have less impact if they'd kept MJ in. Fans would just believe she was Moira, so now MJ is just the damsel that needs rescuing before we get answers on who definitely dumped Peter.

Not a good look for Marvel either way. It was lose/lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This is probably why they potentially delayed and rewrote the issue to exclude MJ, and possibly why they thought issue two would have less impact if they'd kept MJ in. Fans would just believe she was Moira, so now MJ is just the damsel that needs rescuing before we get answers on who definitely dumped Peter.

That sounds like speculation. We have the kids and the other guy there. Chances are she'll show up soon. I get it that she was baited to be in the issue, but easily fixable in the next coming issue(s).

It's not like they'll drop the kids angle all together to have the Moria thing then move past it like it never happened. We know they'll get back together. They're not gonna introduce a nobody that won't be accepted into the fray it's too late...Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

This isn't some cut and dry damsel in distress though. From the fcbd because it was free MJ's aunt was upstairs sleep, had she not gone with Moira, moira would have killed her aunt. Peter himself would not have been able to get out of a situation like that without surrendering. So if the two are connected it actually makes the reason even better why MJ would need rescuing because she was taken at a time where fighting back would have meant the life of a loved one so after realizing she could not win she did the smartest thing to preserve a life.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So happy I'm not wasting my money on this run lol, the Norman stuff in concept isn't a bad idea but the way we're just dropped in and everybody accepts him is just too hard to swallow in-universe. I don't expect them to ever show how the family is so okay with him now, you'd think Liz would have a million restraining orders against the guy after all he's pulled with the kids or all the people he's murdered. I think JRJR's doing some of his best work in years, the way he draws Spidey is close to definitive in my brain.

The Tombstone gang war stuff and fight with Tombstone were good fun, the kind of stuff I want so I give full credit there. The What Did Peter Do drama being drawn out with literally zero progression is not good fun. If you wanna do mystery boxes fine, just at least make every issue worthwhile in some little way paving forward peeling back answers slowly if you're gonna- it's that simple.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 05-25-2022 at 02:30 PM.