Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

It seems we all agree that Wells would have done himself a favor if he just told a straight story. No mysteries, vagueness or time skips. Just a gangster story with Peter caught in the middle. It has been before and it can be done again if the execution is up to par.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tmnt...in-april-2022/

Well I guess we know why someone's in a sour mood

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

That is hilarious. Can’t imagine they get better numbers with the expected decline after first issue and the bad word of mouth this title has.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    That is hilarious. Can’t imagine they get better numbers with the expected decline after first issue and the bad word of mouth this title has.
    Not to temper this discussion, but remember this is through diamond and not penguin so this is one so far, but if ASM isn't on the top spot when we get those numbers then yes they are in trouble

Amazing Member

This wasn't good at all. I couldn't find one single thing enjoyable in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Urge View Post
    This wasn't good at all. I couldn't find one single thing enjoyable in the issue.
    I have now read it a 2nd time and feel the same way.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So as an aside, I know John Romita Jr. is a legend in the industry, but boy does his modern art not do anything for me.
    Why do each of his characters have horribly deformed heads?

BANNED

Despite MJ's no-show, the book was number one for the week

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/amaz...out-mary-jane/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Actually it says based off him talking to a few shops and not actual numbers so that's not technically accurate

Astonishing Member

It means putting MJ on the cover sells, as pull orders, based on solicitation and cover, are due three months in advance. And most shops don’t exactly encourage reading before you buy, so people who aren’t zombie Spider-man buyers are still picking up the issue mostly based on the cover.

I saw people commenting Marvel should allow this issue to be returnable since it was such a huge bait and switch even for a medium known for covers that lie.

I feel like, short of Peter becoming extremely nuclear, the title is going to make bank no matter what. They have a built-in audience and collectors who will buy issues no matter what.

But if Marvel wants great sales but doesn't want Peter to be with MJ, just have him marry Hellion. Julian will bring in the X-audience, and people can't complain about the characters suddenly turning gay, because they'll both stay straight.

Hire me, Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like, short of Peter becoming extremely nuclear, the title is going to make bank no matter what. They have a built-in audience and collectors who will buy issues no matter what.
    I have seen this argument many times and while I agree with it we should ask ourselves what can Marvel do?

He made a deal with the devil. He owned his own company. He was with and not with MJ. Dating other girls. And so on.

If all of these things don’t matter enough for sales to decline then what does it matter what Marvel does? I am no out looking for examples as I don’t want this post to be long.

All I am wondering is if Spider-Man has enough of a built in audience then what does anything what Marvel does matter? Is it just a question of duration? Anything goes but not for a long duration.

This run+Beyond are far from the lowest point in marvels history. But if MJ or no MJ doesn’t affect sales enough why does it matter. Apply this to anything. I think it matters and I think Marvel is on thin ice. Comics are dying, or at least Marvel is having a though time. I also believe Spider-Man has a large enough buffert to tackle much more then other titles. But I also believe that the Spider-Man office is in need of a hit. I think Nick Lowe is showing us this.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    All I am wondering is if Spider-Man has enough of a built in audience then what does anything what Marvel does matter? Is it just a question of duration? Anything goes but not for a long duration.
    Marvel works in mysterious ways. Countless times I've asked myself, "Why did they do this? Why did they think this was a good idea?" in regards to some of their stories.

Unless this is all a grand scheme to market issue #1000 as a Peter/MJ wedding special, in the hopes that it'd be a sales juggernaut they can brag about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Even so, they better don't make us wait for answer for too long, or Marvel will get troubles.