Extraordinary Member

Default Maxima vs. Big Barda

A rumble that just popped into my head.

We're going with the Post-Crisis version of both characters (because I have no idea what state they're in right now).

Standard arena match.

Maxima from Almerac takes on Big Barda from Apokolips.

Who wins?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Obligatory mention of Mega-Rod to just get it out of the way. You may all continue.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Comes down to whether or not the mother box can passively prevent itself and the mega rod from being telekinetically yanked away. I think Bards is stronger and tougher but Maxima is probably faster and her psi powers are legit.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

They've both kind of varied a lot, even just in the post-crisis era.

I think Maxima just has more options to play with here and maybe slightly higher consistent feats from my hazy memory.

Motherbox is a wild card but I tend to think Maxima has the speed and versatility to take the win.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Maxima's versatility should give her the edge.

Does Barda's equipment prevent telepathic attack?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I was wondering the same because I recall Maxima managing to subdue Orion relatively easily with her TP. Unless Barda can counter TP, I would assume Maxima would simply do the same again.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    It's all over the place really. Sometimes the motherbox shields the user from TP but other times it doesn't. There have been instances where TP has failed against New God's saying that they have innate resistance to it but other times they have been affected.

Overall I would say Maxima's TP would probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It's all over the place really. Sometimes the motherbox shields the user from TP but other times it doesn't. There have been instances where TP has failed against New God's saying that they have innate resistance to it but other times they have been affected.

Overall I would say Maxima's TP would probably work.
    Ok then. Sounds like a slam dunk for Maxima. Thank you!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.