Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly Destiny of X has kind of been killing it. Immortal and Red are taking big swings. Duggan's X-Men has been solid and his plots are paying off. New Mutants #25 was a great jumping on point. Even though they weren't my favorites KoX and LoX are both improvements on the series that came before. Marauders is meh, but certainly has potential. I don't read Percy's books anymore but I heard that Wolverine has been good as well.
    This. I really really hope they're able to get the shipping/printing delays figured out and stabilized soon, because I'd hate for them to keep killing momentum just when it feels like the books have really started to find their footing in a way they didn't even through Dawn and Reign of X. After everything with Arakko feeling like it was on pause pretty much from the end of X of Swords until now, and the constant switch-ups on the Quiet Council, there was a lot of 'going through the motions' and 'things acting as placeholders' sensations for the past year of stories or so, but now things really feel like they're coming together plot-wise across all the books, and I just hope the delays don't continue to mess with that and ruin what otherwise would be the creative synergy we've kinda been waiting/hoping for.

Here’s something interesting to ponder… so Legion revealed to Warlock that his father, Magus of The Technarchy, was recently killed by Nimrod. And he “took things from the corpse.” And you also have Brand colluding with ORCHIS at the same time, and going so far as to stage an attack by the Progenitors just to steal a sample of Cable’s techno-organic viral load and study it and how he controls it. Hmmm… something is definitely building here. For sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think it's been obvious since Omega Sentinel came into play with her schemes and why T-11 M reached out to Stasis and Co...and now the TO theft...they're reaching out to the Dominions, with the intent of decimating all organic life sooner rather than 1000 years later. They're no longer waiting for the heroes to kill each other and for humanity to annihilate itself.

The X-Slack may very well be bringing HiX-Man's PoX/Dominion plot to the fore.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Here’s something interesting to ponder… so Legion revealed to Warlock that his father, Magus of The Technarchy, was recently killed by Nimrod. And he “took things from the corpse.” And you also have Brand colluding with ORCHIS at the same time, and going so far as to stage an attack by the Progenitors just to steal a sample of Cable’s techno-organic viral load and study it and how he controls it. Hmmm… something is definitely building here. For sure.
    Remember that Omega Sentinel was sent back by the Last Titan. I’m odds are she wants to restablish contact with the Local Dominion and mobilise it’s phalanxes

I think so. And perhaps Brand has her own agenda here, trying to understand how Cable controls his techno-organic virus so that she can fight back when the time comes.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Another thing: Warlock's T-O code is running all throughout Krakoa. That's how they discovered Moira's No-Sphere, because literally every inch of the island is laced with T-O junk.

If that story ever does play out...I can imagine Doug and Locke and Krakoa being the heroes saving Mutantkind from the Dominion, because of the T-O code they established from the outset. In a similar way they defeated Locke's father the first time in New Mutants.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If that story ever does play out...I can imagine Doug and Locke and Krakoa being the heroes saving Mutantkind from the Dominion, because of the T-O code they established from the outset. In a similar way they defeated Locke's father the first time in New Mutants.
    Krakoa turns into a TO Megazord and straight up punches the titans?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Krakoa turns into a TO Megazord and straight up punches the titans?
    LOL. I don't know if anybody here is familiar with old Wildstorm comics, but there was a character from the Authority named Jack Hawksmoor who had this weird power linked to cities, and in one story he straight up turned the city of Tokyo into a giant mecha he used to fight some alien menace with. It was absolutely ridiculous but also hilar, and its the first thing I thought of when I saw this post. Could totally picture some absurd thing where Krakoa turns into a giant kaiju piloted by Doug and Warlock.

hfalkhflkahflakfhlahfa

(Not a story I actually want, just to be clear. But hilarious to imagine).

I LOVE Jack Hawksmoor.

But I agree...no Krakoa Kaiju nonsense. That's like the most basic uninspired way to resolve that plot. Hopefully the writers who tackle it will do something smart and inventive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE Jack Hawksmoor.

But I agree...no Krakoa Kaiju nonsense. That's like the most basic uninspired way to resolve that plot. Hopefully the writers who tackle it will do something smart and inventive.
    (Sidebar, I would LOVE if Ewing over in X-Men Red gave Ororo something similar to Jenny Spark's preferred method of travel, where she turns herself into electricity and travels via city grids or even as lightning bolts. That would be an awesome addition to Storm's arsenal of tricks. Anyway, back on subject).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    (Sidebar, I would LOVE if Ewing over in X-Men Red gave Ororo something similar to Jenny Spark's preferred method of travel, where she turns herself into electricity and travels via city grids or even as lightning bolts. That would be an awesome addition to Storm's arsenal of tricks. Anyway, back on subject).
    Ororo is a full-fledged Goddess -- she can be anywhere at any point in time she wants to be simply by willing herself so without all the drama...

That high-fantasy needs to stay in the Storm thread... LoL

Joke post:
    There was a brand new character! Who was him!?
    And another new character! Who was him!?
    And another new character! Who was him!?
    All of them were identical!!

Danger needs to get back together with Warlock so they can make their own technarchy, which is where I believe All-New X-Factor was going had it not been cancelled.