Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Writers can't decide if Arrako is amazing or a joke. They can gank squads of gods easily but can't handle generic demons, or even the glorified robots from Red last week.
    To be fair, the robots in Red were not only super strong, but they were attacking a bunch of hippies and beatniks with terrible powers. The Arakkii were were fighting, but even they knew they had no chance at winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Amazing Member

Writers can't decide if Arrako is amazing or a joke. They can gank squads of gods easily but can't handle generic demons, or even the glorified robots from Red last week.
    I came here to same thing. They beat the hell out of giant deity that didn’t even put up a fight but robots were vaporizing them just last week. Even if Brand did have the robots attack the arts district specifically, it’s kind of ridiculous considering that everything we know about their culture would imply mutants with weaker weapons would work twice as hard to make them effective in combat.

I do love the insanity of Arakki powersets. The inability to lose. Summoning gods out of thin air. Knowing everything. Staring at something until it’s obliterated from existence. They need to just send a team of Arakko X-Men to Orchis and have one of them atomize the station into colorful smoke.
    Last edited by shadowbox; 05-25-2022 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Maybe I missed something, but how does Fabian and Kurt manage to remember Xabi when no one else does?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but how does Fabian and Kurt manage to remember Xabi when no one else does?
    nueral filters, but Forge has to build some more. Its in the meeting/briefing at the beginning. I almost missed it because Nightcrawler uses the name Xabi instead of the codename. Also is this the first time we learn ForgetMeNots real name is Xabi?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    I came here to same thing. They beat the hell out of giant deity that didn’t even put up a fight but robots were vaporizing them just last week. Even if Brand did have the robots attack the arts district specifically, it’s kind of ridiculous considering that everything we know about their culture would imply mutants with weaker weapons would work twice as hard to make them effective in combat.

I do love the insanity of Arakki powersets. The inability to lose. Summoning gods out of thin air. Knowing everything. Staring at something until it’s obliterated from existence. They need to just send a team of Arakko X-Men to Orchis and have one of them atomize the station into colorful smoke.
    Ok did you like miss the part where the Arakki's in Red were clearly stated to be poets and artist they were not the warriors that clearly these Arakki were. You making the mistake of thinking every single Arakki mutant is Alpha level or above.

We have seen the top end of the Arakki people Genesis, Isca, Tarn, White Sword, etc that doesn't mean the millions of other Arakki are their equal

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this was... OK? There was something about Way of X that didn't quite click with me and now Legion is giving me the same vibe. It wasn't bad, and the art and colours were gorgeous, but to me it felt a lot like a collection of random characters in a story that wants to plant too many seeds and ideas, resulting in a lack of focus. And it was a very poor issue 1 for anyone not familiar with Way of X.

I did like Si Spurrier's X-Force back then though and love Nightcrawler so I'll keep reading and see if it gets more to my taste.

Astonishing Member

So I suppose the question is what Marvel gods could prevail on the Circle Perilous.

My money would be on Thor, Khonsu, Setanta, Herc and pre-Aaron-reverting-him-out-of-spite Ares

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So I suppose the question is what Marvel gods could prevail on the Circle Perilous.

My money would be on Thor, Khonsu, Setanta, Herc and pre-Aaron-reverting-him-out-of-spite Ares
    would be interesting to have a thor crossover with that as the main plot, but instead loki ends up being the one worshipped or something like that.

Really enjoyed this issue. So much going on. So many details to collect.
    I LOVED that Spurrier brought back Switch from the NuHellions. Love a callback to obscure folks!
    All the cameos were tremendous. I LOVED the clarification on the Laws of Krakoa. Especially the Make More Mutants.

The artwork is beautiful. The story flowed wonderfully.
    And as brief as it was, the exchange between Storm and Kurt was Magnificent. Their dynamic together is always fire. Him with the playful theatricality and her with the "get the **** up, boy" hahaha

Excellent.

So it sounds like this is worth checking out. Will do so today. Thanks, fam.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Writers can't decide if Arrako is amazing or a joke. They can gank squads of gods easily but can't handle generic demons, or even the glorified robots from Red last week. Also, Arrako culture is getting more focus than Krakoa culture, which still doesn't even seem to be a thing. Plus Arrako is just dull as paste for me. STRONG STRONG FIGHT FIGHT. Its a very cheap way to try to make them look tough despite losing constantly.
    To be fair its an entire planet full of mutants. The ones that lost to the robots aren't necessarily the same ones that were fighting the gods or demons.

Enjoyed this. It would seem that the Legion of X is like the Krakoan police, even though they don’t like that descriptor. So in my view they ought to be tackling the threats that the inept X-Force team is dealing with, including Cerebrax. And X-Force should actually be doing their job as the mutant CIA handling the external threats, assuming Percy can dream some up. Just a thought.

Overall this was pretty good, though. Not quite up there with X-men Red or Immortal X-men for me, but I’d put it on par with X-men and Wolverine.

reading this issue it may be the case that Fisher king may be a mutant after all, in "Red" he mentions he's never had a mutant weapon, and as we now know from LoX, Arraki mutant abilities, deemed useful in war are called weapons. SO it may be the case that the fisher king is a mutant that possesses an ability that is not offensive. This may also mean that his nickname as the "Unarmed King" may have been given to him because he doesn't possess a "weapon".
    Last edited by Diammandis; 05-26-2022 at 08:31 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    reading this issue it may be the case that Fisher king may be a mutant after all, in "Red" he mentions he's never had a mutant weapon, and as we now know from LoX, Arraki mutant abilities, deemed useful in war are called weapons. SO it may be the case that the fisher king is a mutant that possesses an ability that is not offensive. This may also mean that his nickname as the "Unarmed King" may have been given to him because he doesn't possess a "weapon".
    Makes sense.

It's a decent but dense read. The Arraki remind me of reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Hunter X Hunter. It's not a compliment or complaint, just an observation.