Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Ngl, Ora is an insta-fave. I keep cackling at how extreme her powerset is, and its one giant pun. (Reality is in the eye of the beholder. She's basically a giant beholder - Dungeons and Dragon monster that's basically a floating eyeball - who can blink things out of existence because reality is perception and HER perception literally defines what is real or not real, at her discretion).
    Yep she really is an instant favourite. And her power really is dope remins me of the decorator from dc comics. It's a giant eye in the sky that can also blink things out of existence

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Also, the Arakkii should worship Hellion.
    It wont end well for him especially if the great ring decide to get in on the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Nah, they should worship Magneto “We are your new gods”

Huh, what do we think would happen if one of the Arraki becomes a Christian and the Arrakki try to bumrush the One Above All?
    The christians worship yaweh, yaweh is not the one above all the one above all is an universal entity not connected go any religion or faith.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    The christians worship yaweh, yaweh is not the one above all the one above all is an universal entity not connected go any religion or faith.
    Does Yaweh even count? His only appearence afaik have been in things like Howard the Duck and Marville and unless we want to count Wolverine being an evolved otter from when talking Jewish dinosaurs roamed the earth I’m not sure he is strictly cannon.

Astonishing Member

Also I'm amused that Forgetmenot got a blatant art/design glow-up from ordinary schmo who debuted as a misfit guest-star in Spurrier's X-Force, but now is a dashing Tony Stark look-alike now that he's achieved main character status in a book.

I always liked him, and am glad to see him getting some use and attention here, but I do agree the whole 'who are you' shtick will get old fast if Spurrier keeps leaning on it for comedy. (Particularly when he prioritizes comedy over logistics....like, tbh I kinda assumed when he and Cain were first mentioned as partners that the whole POINT of partnering him with Cain is that the Juggernaut's psychic-proof helmet would ensure that Xabi's power wouldn't work on Cain. And yet.....that appears not to be the case, and I'm not really clear why. Xabi's power is telepathic in nature. Juggernaut's helmet prevents telepaths goofing all over his brain, even high level ones of significantly greater power than Xabi, like Xavier himself. So what's the issue here?)

Also, jwatson mentioned Miranda aka D-Cell from the Juggernaut solo series a few years back, and who recently came to Krakoa in an early X-Men Unlimited arc.....I LOVE that character, one of my standout faves of the past ten years. She's got a great, pretty unique power, and an awesome characterization and outlook, so I really hope she has a presence in this book via Cain's scenes and storylines.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Nah, they should worship Magneto “We are your new gods”

Huh, what do we think would happen if one of the Arraki becomes a Christian and the Arrakki try to bumrush the One Above All?
    Because DC tends to dabble with biblical stuff more than Marvel, Christian god tends either to do bits and pieces in fringe titles (Michael showed up in spirits of vengeance, and Heaven keeps healing Punisher) or is treated as the runt of the human gods (didn’t Dracula beat JC up at one point?)

While cool as hell, Immortal Hulk has probably also muddied the waters

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Also I'm amused that Forgetmenot got a blatant art/design glow-up from ordinary schmo who debuted as a misfit guest-star in Spurrier's X-Force, but now is a dashing Tony Stark look-alike now that he's achieved main character status in a book.

I always liked him, and am glad to see him getting some use and attention here, but I do agree the whole 'who are you' shtick will get old fast if Spurrier keeps leaning on it for comedy. (Particularly when he prioritizes comedy over logistics....like, tbh I kinda assumed when he and Cain were first mentioned as partners that the whole POINT of partnering him with Cain is that the Juggernaut's psychic-proof helmet would ensure that Xabi's power wouldn't work on Cain. And yet.....that appears not to be the case, and I'm not really clear why. Xabi's power is telepathic in nature. Juggernaut's helmet prevents telepaths goofing all over his brain, even high level ones of significantly greater power than Xabi, like Xavier himself. So what's the issue here?)

Also, jwatson mentioned Miranda aka D-Cell from the Juggernaut solo series a few years back, and who recently came to Krakoa in an early X-Men Unlimited arc.....I LOVE that character, one of my standout faves of the past ten years. She's got a great, pretty unique power, and an awesome characterization and outlook, so I really hope she has a presence in this book via Cain's scenes and storylines.
    I have a feeling that when Forge builds more nuerul filters the who are you will be used less. Also wasn't part of ForgetMeNots abilities also hide him from video?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Ok did you like miss the part where the Arakki's in Red were clearly stated to be poets and artist they were not the warriors that clearly these Arakki were. You making the mistake of thinking every single Arakki mutant is Alpha level or above.

We have seen the top end of the Arakki people Genesis, Isca, Tarn, White Sword, etc that doesn't mean the millions of other Arakki are their equal
    I mean clearly I didn’t miss it cause I referenced the fact that they were artists in my post? Lol

I’m just saying, mutants trapped in an endless war against demons in Amenth, even those who like to paint or write poetry would have to be adept at using their offensive capabilities considering their whole “only the strong survive or we will either kill you or banish you” way of life. I’m mostly just amused by the threat of the robots last week and then how easily a deity is dispatched this week and it’s heightened by the difference in visual storytelling.

I was honestly confused in Red because everything we've seen about Arrako makes it bizarre they'd even have an 'art' district or anything like it. Everything we've seen from them makes it look like they wouldn't tolerate weakness at all

The more I think about it, the more uncomfortable I am with the god stuff. Particularly since the series can't help but keep reminding us of the faith of our main characters. People who choose to worship thunder gods or what have you get publicaly humiliated and have their gods forcibly manifested and butchered, but what about people like Kurt or Dust? You think they're going to try to pull that stuff with them? And like, what if you worship a god of agriculture or pottery or rain? Not exactly offensive juggernauts. I don't know, it just feels like those atheist screeds I used to see back in high school. But maybe the story will do something clever with it. I don't have high hopes, because Way of X just collapsed as it went on.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I was honestly confused in Red because everything we've seen about Arrako makes it bizarre they'd even have an 'art' district or anything like it. Everything we've seen from them makes it look like they wouldn't tolerate weakness at all

The more I think about it, the more uncomfortable I am with the god stuff. Particularly since the series can't help but keep reminding us of the faith of our main characters. People who choose to worship thunder gods or what have you get publicaly humiliated and have their gods forcibly manifested and butchered, but what about people like Kurt or Dust? You think they're going to try to pull that stuff with them? And like, what if you worship a god of agriculture or pottery or rain? Not exactly offensive juggernauts. I don't know, it just feels like those atheist screeds I used to see back in high school. But maybe the story will do something clever with it. I don't have high hopes, because Way of X just collapsed as it went on.
    Art is not a weakness, nor is there anything about art in general would be anti-Arrako. Art has been used as a tool for resistance and fighting for equality throughout the years irl. Even writing is considered a type of art and look at the saying, the pen is mightier then the sword.... I think that saying would very much apply to why an art district makes sense.

I enjoyed this much more than the previous series. Why does everyone stutter so much, though?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Art is not a weakness, nor is there anything about art in general would be anti-Arrako. Art has been used as a tool for resistance and fighting for equality throughout the years irl. Even writing is considered a type of art and look at the saying, the pen is mightier then the sword.... I think that saying would very much apply to why an art district makes sense.
    All this.

I'm not saying it's pkingdom view but i can see how some may be getting a bit uncomfortable at the expansion of the Arraki culture. I suspect it was much easier to think of Arrako being destroyed or others going to war with them and taking them out when they were only seen as a group of "barbarians" by some. I am very glad Legion is doing as much world building as it is doing questioning and observing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

This is right up there with Red and Immortal for best of the new lot of X-books. I liked the Arakki lore developments, loved seeing ForgetMeNot again, and was amused to see Spike, one of Morrison's 'blink and you missed him' additions to the school.

I've never been much of a fan of Legion, but his little jabs at his dad were worth the price of admission. (Gosh, that art of him and Ruth in the Altar was colorful and trippy! Very cool!)

And I really want to see what 'painting with truth' looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    This is right up there with Red and Immortal for best of the new lot of X-books. I liked the Arakki lore developments, loved seeing ForgetMeNot again, and was amused to see Spike, one of Morrison's 'blink and you missed him' additions to the school.

I've never been much of a fan of Legion, but his little jabs at his dad were worth the price of admission. (Gosh, that art of him and Ruth in the Altar was colorful and trippy! Very cool!)

And I really want to see what 'painting with truth' looks like!
    Honestly Destiny of X has kind of been killing it. Immortal and Red are taking big swings. Duggan's X-Men has been solid and his plots are paying off. New Mutants #25 was a great jumping on point. Even though they weren't my favorites KoX and LoX are both improvements on the series that came before. Marauders is meh, but certainly has potential. I don't read Percy's books anymore but I heard that Wolverine has been good as well.

I'm glad Spurrier fixed one of the complaints I've had about Way of X, which was Dust and Mercury appearing in the same series without ever interacting. They've always been very close friends, and I love seeing Sooraya being supportive of Cessily and Alani's queer adventures. They really deserve the spotlight of having their own series along with the other New X-Men, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It doesn't really seem all that well thought through. It's all fun and games until a cult dedicated to Shuma Gorath or Amatsu Mikaboshi rolls up because they've heard of the free summoning services.
    Last edited by Starfish; 05-27-2022 at 07:03 AM.