Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

I found it odd that Magus was killed off screen. He was kind of a big deal back in the day…
    Last edited by Thundershot; 05-28-2022 at 09:07 PM.

I wonder if with Switch, Paradigm might appear.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wonder if with Switch, Paradigm might appear.
    I've been thinking the same thing, especially since Spurrier made a point to rope in Warlock and Magnus. Switch's teammate, a technokinetic who was literally infused with the Phalanx's version of the T-O virus, could be integrated into the overall Phalanx storylines in a big way. When last we saw him, Cyclops was blasting apart his remains while apologizing to him for not having been able to help save him, so he seems like someone that they might have prioritized resurrecting off-screen and thus could've been back for awhile. BUT equally significant.....the resurrected version of Paradigm wouldn't innately be infected with the T-O virus, so they'd have a powerful technokinetic with personal experience having been taken over by the Phalanx.....but no longer actually subject to the T-O virus's particular effects on him.

I definitely think his character could contribute a lot to a number of storylines. (And that's without even getting into how Ewing's SWORD series established how valuable a power technopathy/technokinesis is in a new mutant society that views combining mutant powers as a form of technology).

Astonishing Member

You know, am I the only one whose starting to think Marvel’s left a lot of money on the table by not having the Arakkii interact witt the rest of the MU?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    You know, am I the only one whose starting to think Marvel’s left a lot of money on the table by not having the Arakkii interact witt the rest of the MU?
    They are ready made antagonists so yeah I agree.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-28-2022 at 11:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

I’m still just kinda put off by the sentient chopped off head begging for death that will never be granted because a plan he came up with years ago didn’t work out? And people think the Pit is bad.

You are not alone. Marvel has a gold mine in the Arraki imho. New heroes, villains and everything in between.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You are not alone. Marvel has a gold mine in the Arraki imho. New heroes, villains and everything in between.
    I wanna see Apocalypse and bis family react to the new great ring and the new mutant planet.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Well, the wider MU hasn't really played around much with the Krakoa status quo in general, outside when the X-Men show up for event tie-ins, but I guess that isn't really anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They are ready made antagonists so yeah I agree.
    Yeah there was a pretty big gap between XoS and Planet Size where they definitely should have shown the Arrakki popping up in various books to better lead into the decision to move them to Mars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah there was a pretty big gap between XoS and Planet Size where they definitely should have shown the Arrakki popping up in various books to better lead into the decision to move them to Mars.
    As much as i don't have much faith in the staying power of the Arraki in long term, i can't help but agree that there was a serious missed opportunity. There allready was quite a lot of unexplained and unexplored things regarding the new status quo before Ten of Swords, with many developments or questions (in my opinion) quickly put ad acta via white pages or simply left as "oh yeah those two became best buddies off pannel" kind of implications, while we lost a lot or pannel and story time to frivolities that seem more important to some of the writers (who also seem to ignore what the premise of their books were meant to be about).
    But to have the Arraki left so long hanging in the wind after Ten of Sword until Planet Size was wasting potential that can't be recovered anymore.

Yes they are getting explored more now in 3 titles at the same time, by 3 well regarded writers, which is obviously good, but that doesn't bring back the kind of conflict potential and tension that they had when they were still on Earth.

So yeah could have really been handled better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the wider MU hasn't really played around much with the Krakoa status quo in general, outside when the X-Men show up for event tie-ins, but I guess that isn't really anything new.
    The dark irony is that while the X-men writers of the last 20 years liked to occasionaly have their characters rant about how the other heros aren't getting involved enough in the issues of mutants, the true reason for that is because editorial, writers and readers like to mostly keep the rest of the Marvel Universe and the X-men side on a "when needed basis" away from each other, as the X-men are still size wise almost a Marvel universe on their own, which means too much continuity that needs to be handled when they do cross over.

It doesn't help that the current status quo of the X-men is also extremely difficult to explain to outsiders while also giving them far too much potential problem solving power, that it would make the job of other writers quite troublesome if they would have to constantly consider if the X-men or their mutant nation can or would interfer or not in the plot of their own heros.

At this point the X-men are the 100 tools swiss army knife of plot issue resolution (and just as confusing looking to the uninformed) in terms of what they have access to, something even their own writers struggle to sideline or ignore in an attempt to maintain tension.

So it's no wonder the rest of the Marvel Universe goes about their business as if the Krakoa status quo doesn't exist, or at least as much as is possible.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Agreed. But all the other books seemed to already have their storylines set, and didn't really have much desire to deal with surprise Arakki appearances stirring up stuff. And so all we got was Captain America, in an X-Men story, mentioning that some Arakki took over a brewery in Japan. Nothing outside of the X-books at all, when they probably should have been causing all sorts of trouble, particularly in the parts of the world they originally came from (since I'd imagine at least some might be interested in visiting the homes of their ancestors, and a visiting party of hard-drinking violence-loving mutant medieval recreationists stir up the appropriately unfriendly local reactions).

I really don't get this obsession with some fans to have mutants or X-men storylines to appear in other books. I shouldn't need to read Hulk, Thor , Spiderman, or Captain America in order to see what is going on with mutants or mutant storylines.

I don't care what happens in those books because they have nothing to do with mutants. I don't pick up Black Panther expecting mutants even though there are a few Wakandan mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. But all the other books seemed to already have their storylines set, and didn't really have much desire to deal with surprise Arakki appearances stirring up stuff. And so all we got was Captain America, in an X-Men story, mentioning that some Arakki took over a brewery in Japan. Nothing outside of the X-books at all, when they probably should have been causing all sorts of trouble, particularly in the parts of the world they originally came from (since I'd imagine at least some might be interested in visiting the homes of their ancestors, and a visiting party of hard-drinking violence-loving mutant medieval recreationists stir up the appropriately unfriendly local reactions).
    It was hardly in the X-books too. I think the Cable solo series had one bar fight with two Arakki.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I really don't get this obsession with some fans to have mutants or X-men storylines to appear in other books. I shouldn't need to read Hulk, Thor , Spiderman, or Captain America in order to see what is going on with mutants or mutant storylines.

I don't care what happens in those books because they have nothing to do with mutants. I don't pick up Black Panther expecting mutants even though there are a few Wakandan mutants
    Obviously these books shouldn't be compulsory reading or anything. But crossovers can be fun, add a feeling of connectedness between the franchises, help introduce concepts to non-X-Men fans, and flesh out ideas and characters. Black Panther handled it very well in a recent issue: T'Challa went to Arakko and got to talk to Storm and Gentle about their shared pasts. And it'd be great to see Hellion in a Spider-Man book.

For Arakko, you'd think they would cause trouble for multiple people, since they're so different from the rest of Earth. They'd be a political nightmare for Krakoa if they weren't taken care of. It would have been really fun to see how other characters interacted with these people, especially since they'd been neglected in the X-books for a while.
    2024: The Year of Hellion