Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,722

    Default Speed Racer Show

    A new Speed Racer Show is in development by J.J. Abrams I'm all for a show but why JJ?

    https://screenrant.com/speed-racer-s...t-development/

  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    87,028

    Default

    I can't see JJ Abrams delivering a better Speed Racer live-action experience than the Wachowski's did.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,701

    Default

    Awesome! Looking forward to it!! Hopefully, they'll borrow heavily from the Tommy Yune version (XD)



  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    87,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!! Hopefully, they'll borrow heavily from the Tommy Yune version (XD)


    I've never even heard of these...

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    7,593

    Default

    I want to see this. I am a huge Speed Racer fan. I loved the cartoons, and the last movie I did enjoy. A racer fighting the system

    But this movie will be a failure if they dont have John Goodman as Pops fighting Ninjas. Give me more of that
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,701

    Default

    Definitely, sounds interesting. Hopefully, it'll be as exciting & innovative as the '90s version...

    Speed Racer X
    (マッハGoGoGo)


  7. #7
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, sounds interesting. Hopefully, it'll be as exciting & innovative as the '90s version...

    Speed Racer X
    (マッハGoGoGo)

    With Abrams involved? Don't hold your breath. You'll end up looking like Papa Smurf.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A new Speed Racer Show is in development by J.J. Abrams I'm all for a show but why JJ?

    https://screenrant.com/speed-racer-s...t-development/
    One of the great mysteries. Dude has his hands in so many cookie jars no way any of them end up being any good as a result.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    With Abrams involved? Don't hold your breath. You'll end up looking like Papa Smurf.
    TBH, I hardly know the man. Now, I'm worried. Thanks.


  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,773

    Default

    Funny thing is, the approach that was used for Bebop (Which was more cartoony than the actual animation!) might work better for something like this.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •