Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: The Acolyte

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It fits what we saw last week. Osha has wanted, quite desperately, to get away from Mae since they were girls. While Mae is positively glued to her sister.

It's more heavy-handed than it needs to be, but considering how obviously they are setting up Osha's heel turn, it's probably necessary. She has to feel awful about the way she tried to constantly get away from her sister once Mae kicks it so that she can get angry enough to murder some Jedi.
    They're definitely setting up more red flags with Osha by the episode:

- Got kicked out of the Order.

- Has anger issues she won't let go of.

- Is consumed a bit by her emotions.

- Her Force Powers kick in again only to get a sentient being killed.

- Was basically trying to talk a Jedi into killing someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So the Cerean Jedi is intended to be a younger Ki-Adi-Mundi, and the one on the Jedi expedition is supposed to be Plo Koon.

Kind of interesting that Mundi in TPM is the first to dismiss Qui-Gon's claim of the Sith, but Mace and Yoda are not quite as quick to dismiss his allegation.....

...and Plo doesn't say anything (Granted, he had no dialogue whatsoever in the actual films).
    I guess we know somebody is surviving this fight!

Quick question: Does the timeline match up to for Qimir to be Darth Plagueis?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

the wiki doesn't give alot of details about his early life before Sidious. So Qimir is his early days with Darth Tenebrous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Under the Legends timeline and the Plagueis novel, no. Wookepedia says his birth was between 120-147 BBY, so his birth could be 12 years in the future of The Acolyte, and at the maximum, he'd be 15 years old.

Under the new Disney continuity, who knows? He might not even be a Munn anymore, for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Mundi had a habit of being constantly wrong..LOLOL.
    Maybe he feels some guilt for what happened to Kelnacca and that's why he's worried about the Wookies in ROTS.

One twist could be that Mae or Osha is Plagueis and learned the thing about using the force to create/extend life from their parents/coven. Or even are both Plageuis together somehow ("Two that are one" hence a kind of loophole to the rule of two) Granted, Palpatine does refer to him as a he though, although maybe Mae or Osha never revealed their real self to Sidious. Sidious didn't exactly take off his cloak when he was alone with Maul or Dooku although they presumably knew his real identity.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; Yesterday at 01:21 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I wonder if one of the twins dies the other gains more Force Power from their death.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ...In terms of the latest ep, my biggest complaint is Mae's decision near the end. I can understand the reason, but the way it was handled seemed out of left field and lacked drama for how important a decision that was. It came off to me as contrived, because the plot wanted it - "that Sith person is showing up so we don't need Mae to play this role anymore."
    I agree. It came from nowhere.

This is the same girl who immediately jumped to trying to kill her sister when she thought she was leaving with the Jedi. She doesn't seem very rational .

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is the same girl who immediately jumped to trying to kill her sister when she thought she was leaving with the Jedi. She doesn't seem very rational .
    Fair point. She was a bit nuts even as a child. Makes one wonder if this change of heart is coming from a healthy place.

Fantastic Member

some actress from the Star Wars Acolyte show did some oppression rap rant thing that got Side Scrollers attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9nZA3cDWzI

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    some actress from the Star Wars Acolyte show did some oppression rap rant thing that got Side Scrollers attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9nZA3cDWzI
    Thank you. I needed 2 hours plus of a few randos wacking off.

I can only think all those who have problems about the show (which have nothing to do with the show itself) is it is women centric and the star is a young black woman.
    Last edited by Kirby101; Today at 12:42 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm not clicking obvious bait. I can only imagine the "oppression rant" is another out of context thing, i.e. lie.

With Mae, I'm wondering three things:
    -- Was she in her right mind when she set the fire? Telling Osha "I can kill you" seemed pretty drastic. And if she intended to set the fire, why was she so angry with the Jedi? It can't just be about the other witches, because Osha being alive shouldn't change her motivation.
    -- So why does Osha being alive "change everything?" Did she just let go of her anger, or did the Master promise to bring her back or something?
    -- Is Mae going to end up being let off the hook? Star Wars loves its redemption arcs. If she had been manipulated, how responsible will they hold her to be?