Default An elephant vs an allosaurous

An elephant vs an allosaurus

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

What kind of elephant? If you are talking a male African elephant, it's going to be much larger than an allosaur (depending on estimates, 4x or more the weight), have skin thicker than the allosaur can easily bite through (nearly an inch and a half thick), be warm blooded for extra energy and have huge tusks for the fight. Bloodlusted and angry, elephants are no joke.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    be warm blooded for extra energy
    ...as opposed to an Allosaurus?
    Herochat.com now surprisingly back from the dead. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    ...as opposed to an Allosaurus?
    Yes. Last I recall, the general science shows that they are not warm blooded. It's been a long time since I read up on that, however.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yes. Last I recall, the general science shows that they are not warm blooded. It's been a long time since I read up on that, however.
    Modern consensus seems to be that theropods (T-Rex, Allosaurus, Deinonychus) and sauropods (the big buggers) were warm-blooded, but guys like Triceratops and Stegosaurus were cold-blooded.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Modern consensus seems to be that theropods (T-Rex, Allosaurus, Deinonychus) and sauropods (the big buggers) were warm-blooded, but guys like Triceratops and Stegosaurus were cold-blooded.
    Fricken' jerks, changing consensus like that without sending me a memo.

Warm-blooded comment retracted. Didn't really matter that much.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Science marches onward.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How big are the elephants ears? Sure that might make them a bigger target, but you can't underestimate the tactical power of flight and a high fiber diet.

Allosaurus was kind of an odd dino, it had a relatively weak bite, but its skull could withstand a relative ton of force, it could also open its mouth unusually wide. One theory is that it would simply ram its open mouth into the side of its prey like a hatchet and bleed them out that way. And we know that it hunted Sauropods as we've found Sauropod bones with scrapes and dents in them that fit Allosaurus teeth shape as well as actual teeth found mixed with their bones

Last edited by Hiromi; 05-26-2022 at 02:36 PM.