Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,664

    Default Nightwing vs the Circus of Crime

    Nightwing vs the Circus of Crime. Usual Khazan defaults, except that the arena is a 3-ring circus tent. The PA system is playing The Tears of a Clown, by Smokey Robinson & the Miracles.

    This iteration of the Circus of Crime consists of the Ringmaster, Princess Python, the original crafty Clown, Bruto the Strong Man, Human Cannonball, the Great Gambonnos, and Live Wire.

    If the fight is too easy for Nightwing, can he beat the Circus before the song ends?

    If the fight is too hard for Nightwing, give him his old Robin utility belt.

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Nightwing vs the Circus of Crime. Usual Khazan defaults, except that the arena is a 3-ring circus tent. The PA system is playing The Tears of a Clown, by Smokey Robinson & the Miracles.

    This iteration of the Circus of Crime consists of the Ringmaster, Princess Python, the original crafty Clown, Bruto the Strong Man, Human Cannonball, the Great Gambonnos, and Live Wire.

    If the fight is too easy for Nightwing, can he beat the Circus before the song ends?

    If the fight is too hard for Nightwing, give him his old Robin utility belt.
    Which one is Live Wire? I don't know of LiveWire in Marvel. If it's the DC Livewire, it's quite a bit tougher due to no obvious water sources.

    In general, I think he takes the rest of them pretty easily. It's a standard Nightwing comicbook issue. Livewire will make it tougher, but Nightwing should still win (after song).

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    This might help:


  4. #4
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    10,585

    Default

    I feel Little_Mac basically summed it up. This is a one-off problem for Nightwing, in an issue where the writer is interested in character building.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  5. #5
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,984

    Default

    I vaguely recall a comic where the Circus gets defeated by Ghostrider battling the Clown and the Ringmaster (whom he bested without much effort), and meanwhile, the rest of the Circus was taken down by clever tactics from the civilians of the town.

    Even going in without any weapons, I see Nightwing managing to ninja his way through the group, yoink some of their own weapons in the process, and whoop them fairly solidly. Maybe they could get lucky in a dogpile. I do think their sheer numbers and depending on how they approach him, he might not get them all KOed before the song ends, but he'd still be able to take them down at a good pace. There's a slight chance the Circus manages to pin him long enough for Ringmaster hypnotize him, though I'm not sure how well that would work.

    With the utility belt, I don't think much stops him from throwing out some gas pellets and cleaning house with his sticks. Don't remember if he has area-of-effect knock-out weapons like knock-out-gas pellets in the belt, though.

  6. #6
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,737

    Default

    Didn't they have a snake that can take down the hulk or something?

  7. #7
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Didn't they have a snake that can take down the hulk or something?
    ‘Did’, not ‘can’.

    It can’t, but it did.

    SvH is probably worse than SMvFL.

  8. #8
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    ‘Did’, not ‘can’.

    It can’t, but it did.

    SvH is probably worse than SMvFL.
    was it a super powerd snake or anything?

  9. #9
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    was it a super powerd snake or anything?
    Pretty sure it was just a normal boa constrictor. I don't think any of the Circus have actual super powers, though some of them use special gadgets, and Princess Python gets her snake to attack people.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,250

    Default

    Looking at those descriptions, I feel that the biggest issue is that former circus brat Dick Grayson would have to fight like hell to keep his eyes from rolling so hard that he permanently blinds himself.

  11. #11
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Looking at those descriptions, I feel that the biggest issue is that former circus brat Dick Grayson would have to fight like hell to keep his eyes from rolling so hard that he permanently blinds himself.
    Somewhere out in Hypertime, Nightwing re-dons his Robin outfit and convinces the Circus that it would be much more cooler to fight crime, and they become the Circus of Justice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •