Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blair Witch Project Reboot

Blair Witch Project Reboot Reportedly in the works at
    Lionsgate if they do this I hope it's a Prequel.

https://screenrant.com/blair-witch-p...opment-report/

I think they should leave the franchise alone. The 2016 reboot attempt was pretty boring and it was a rare movie I was tempted to walk out on. The first movie is a classic and I still remember the theories and slight paranoia with the marketing of the movie during the early days of the internet and word of mouth. Unless they actually plan to show the Blair Witch finally, I probably would pass.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

How does one reboot this? The whole appeal of the first was its viral marketing campaign and found footage style, which can't be repeated.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Unless they're going back to the 1800s to tell the Witch's origins I don't see it working.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Unless they're going back to the 1800s to tell the Witch's origins I don't see it working.
    And if that's the plan then just do your own thing and don't even tie it to Blair Witch. The audience recognition and nostalgia for that title can't be that large.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm not sure there could be anything lamer than re-booting a "found footage" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm not sure there could be anything lamer than re-booting a "found footage" movie.
    Yea they rebooted the Paranormal Activity movies last year with a new release on Paramount Plus and it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yea they rebooted the Paranormal Activity movies last year with a new release on Paramount Plus and it sucked.
    I thought next of kin was at least better than the other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I thought next of kin was at least better than the other movies.
    Paranormal Activity 3 is my favorite one of out them all. It has some clever scares and was the first film to really provide some lore and world building to the franchise. The other one I liked was Paranormal Activity Marked Ones). Just dude to the fact it added more context to what was going on in the series.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-20-2022 at 01:19 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    That idea has potential, but at the same time too much knowledge can be a bad thing and undermine scares.

Fear of the unknown is what made the original film so unsettling. If we get the witch's origins, it takes away the mystery and fear aspects

Paranormal Activity 3 is my favorite one of out them all. It has some clever scares and was the first film to really provide some lore and world building to the franchise. The other one I liked was Paranormal Activity Marked Ones). Just dude to the fact it added more context to what was going on in the series.
    I didn't really like any of them but next of kin it wasn't great but definitely a step up from the others in my opinion.

I think they should leave the franchise alone. The 2016 reboot attempt was pretty boring and it was a rare movie I was tempted to walk out on. The first movie is a classic and I still remember the theories and slight paranoia with the marketing of the movie during the early days of the internet and word of mouth. Unless they actually plan to show the Blair Witch finally, I probably would pass.
    They did show BW in the 2016 movie I know they tried to go back on it but that was totally supposed to be her.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blai...qS84dklndyOuHM

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind it ,if it is done along the lines of 'Black Death' movie in a period story, but I'd rather see a Ninth Gate sequel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I didn't really like any of them but next of kin it wasn't great but definitely a step up from the others in my opinion.
    Yeah it wasn't bad,different sure ,but in a good way.
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-31-2022 at 07:24 AM.