Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default Willow | Official Teaser Trailer | Disney+

A sequel should have been done decades ago.Willow was a truly underappreciated fantasy story of cinema. Better Late Than Never I Suppose

I absolutely loved this movie watching it both as a kid and as an adult

Great to have you back Mr Warwick.

Overall, very happy with what I see so far.

Sorsha appears to be back too (Val Kilmer is not in good health so Madmartigan is of course not there). I'm guessing it's possible one of the new female characters is Elena?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Looks fun .

Looks interesting. Hopefully Willow won't get sidelined in his own series.
    Life is but a dream

Great to see Joanne Whalley ((formerly Kilmer) aka Daredevil's mom) back! She's great. Since Val Kilmer can't be in it, I'm all for recasting Madmartigan. It'd be a shame to not have him in it at all.

I never saw the original Willow. This trailer makes me interested in it to see what it is all about.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I never saw the original Willow. This trailer makes me interested in it to see what it is all about.
    You gotta see Willow. I absolutely loved that movie.

It's my favorite Val Kilmer Movie, one of my favorite Fantasy Flicks, the villains were so memorable, and it was a fun ride from start to finish.

It's hard to have faith in a Disney-made sequel, but this does look pretty good.

Also-- Val Kilmer has been cancer free for six years and is still acting, he just appeared in Top Gun Maverick with a digitally created voice, so it's perfectly reasonable that he would make an appearance in this series, if he wants to.

This is my most anticipated upcoming tv/film project! Willow is one of my all time top 10 favorite movies and I have always wanted a sequel to it. And for it to be a series is so awesome! I read the sequel books by Chris Claremont, but while I enjoyed them, they pretty much tossed out everything about the movie. This on the other hand seems to be much more in the style and spirit of the movie. It looks great and I am super looking forward to it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That looks fantastic, can't wait!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Watch it on Disney Plus before you see the show.

It's sort of a Lucasish take on LOTR in a few ways. Except if Aragorn was more of a Han Solo type.

Also has one of his early takes on naming characters after movie critics or other people he doesn't like. General "Kael", A mutated troll is the "Ebersisk" etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Watch it on Disney Plus before you see the show.
    Cool. I will put in on the Weekend Watch list after Obi Wan
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    It's hard to have faith in a Disney-made sequel, but this does look pretty good.

Also-- Val Kilmer has been cancer free for six years and is still acting, he just appeared in Top Gun Maverick with a digitally created voice, so it's perfectly reasonable that he would make an appearance in this series, if he wants to.
    I imagine any kind of filming he'd be involved with would be super limited, it's not just his voice(he had to have his voice box removed and now speaks through an electric voice box) but he also has no stamina and loses his breath really easily. Even in Maverick he only actually "speaks" a line or two and apparently his son actually spoke them and they dubbed them over

‘Willow’ EP, Warwick Davis Say Val Kilmer Will “Be a Part” of Disney+ Series: “Madmartigan Lives On”
    https://news.yahoo.com/willow-ep-war...053515791.html