Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you are a Val Kilmer fan, I would recommend the documentary "Val". About his life as an actor and his health troubles.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Perhaps Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett style CG over a body double? I mean in other ways it would be a bad idea but it looks like it has Val's blessing.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I haven't seen the original Willow movie. But I'm going to cue it up on Disney+ because I really did like this teaser for the series.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I haven't seen the original Willow movie. But I'm going to cue it up on Disney+ because I really did like this teaser for the series.
    It really is a classic. One of the best fantasy movies of the 80s
    Life is but a dream

I haven't seen the original Willow movie
    Well, Luke needs to save a princess but thanks the stars he meets with Han Solo, Obi-Wan (who can turn into a goat) and Leia. (who again is the daughter of the bad guy)

They go fight the Emperor and win.

Once again Chewie didn't get a medal...
    Last edited by Starter Set; 05-29-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Retired

So does Disney just own everything George Lucas? Will we get sequels to HOWARD THE DUCK, AMERICAN GRAFFITI and THX 1138? Are there new Disney corporate offices in his beard?

If you like anything about the 80s sword and sorcery genre you'll love it as it's one of the better ones, the SFX ILM used in it were revolutionary for the time as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    So does Disney just own everything George Lucas? Will we get sequels to HOWARD THE DUCK, AMERICAN GRAFFITI and THX 1138? Are there new Disney corporate offices in his beard?
    Howard, who was a Marvel character, actually has appeared in GOTG and Endgame. Presumably he might show up in the third film and the Christmas special too.

Guess more AG or THX could be a thing, although some have pointed out Happy Days is pretty much AG the TV show, although technically HD's unsold pilot came first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I know everyone says they bought Star Wars because that was naturally the biggest piece but the reality is they bought Lucasfilm itself, so yeah that included any IP owned by Lucasfilm. That includes Willow, Indiana Jones(though Paramount owns the distribution rights for the previous four movies), Industrial Light and Magic, etc

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I know everyone says they bought Star Wars because that was naturally the biggest piece but the reality is they bought Lucasfilm itself, so yeah that included any IP owned by Lucasfilm. That includes Willow, Indiana Jones(though Paramount owns the distribution rights for the previous four movies), Industrial Light and Magic, etc
    Star Wars and Industrial Light And Magic is primarily why Disney bought Lucasfilm. If you are making effects laden superhero films with Marvel, you want the premiere effects company.

Well, I watched the Willow movie. Took me three tries (I kept falling asleep). It's okay but I must have missed what made everyone else love it so much. Here's hoping the new series is more enticing as a whole.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Well, I watched the Willow movie. Took me three tries (I kept falling asleep). It's okay but I must have missed what made everyone else love it so much. Here's hoping the new series is more enticing as a whole.
    Me too, but I only watched it as an adult, who knows if I saw it as a kid.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Me too, but I only watched it as an adult, who knows if I saw it as a kid.
    Oh it's truly a kid movie.

And i say that as a compliment. It was made with a somehwat young audience in mind and it delivers just that.

That's as Ron Howardish as you can be lol. (even if Lucas was heavely behind)

One interesting thing about ILM's tech in the movie was that it was a breakthrough for 'morphing' CG (Transitioning between two effects almost seamlessly) when Willow tries to un-transform the Wizard. It was next mostly used for Last Crusade (presumably for Donovan's death which utilized several animatronic heads for it's 'stages') T2 (For the T1000 between his metal and fleshy states I tihnk) and Star Trek VI (For the scene where Martia transforms into Kirk's double).

You have to remember this was way before movies like the Lord of the Rings. This was many people's first exposure to big screen epic fantasy. Over the years, epics got bigger and bigger so it's easy to see why one of the earlier ones wouldn't hold up so well if this is your first exposure to it.