Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is X-FACTOR still around?

Now that Nightcrawler's Legionnaries have essentially become Krakoa's cops, is the nation's team of detectives still active solving mutant mysteries away from the spotlight?

Lorna left to join X-men
    Northstar is rumored to follow her
    Daken and Aurora are now Marauders
    Rachel is back with Excalibur *coff* *coff* Knights of X

So that leaves Prodigy, Eye-Boy and maybe Northstar/Lorna (depending on the new X-men roster).

Should the team recruit new members, or should they just merge with Legion of X and become their sub-team of detectives?

I could see ForgetMeNot working pretty well as a detective and I could totally imagine Spurrier adding some lesser-knows like Hindsight to help solve mysteries.
    Plus Prodigy is such a versatile character that I could see him working pretty well as member of Nightcrawler's team.

And the wound suddenly tears back open.

Ha Ha.

Oh X-Factor, how I loved you so. You were my favorite Krakoa-era title and its such a tragedy that you died (especially given your premise).

I believe the X-creators are of the belief that all titles that have ended (RIP) (that introduced Krakoa-expanding culture, concepts, etc.) are still functioning behind the scenes.
    X-Corps & X-Factor, for example, may not have lasted or pull the readership numbers, but conceptually it stands to reason that regardless of whether WE are reading their respective activities on a monthly basis as we once were, that the fictional character inhabiting those titles are still active in their roles (those who aren't otherwise engaged in active plots elsewhere - as you pointed out)

Monet and Warren (as of Immortal X-Men) are still actively involved in X-Corps - per their Council-seat pitches in issue one.
    I do wish we would see more of that in upcoming issues -- the recognition of X-factor's continued existence-- despite the dispersal of several of their members. With Lorna, Aurora, Daken & Rachel busy elsewhere, I could see Siryn having been recruited, and/or Longshot (if he was ever successfully liberated from Mojoworld?)

Northstar, Prodigy, Eye Boy, are tremendously resourceful on their own, but it would be so great to see them operating still, with a full(er) roster. [sigh]

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Ha Ha.

Oh X-Factor, how I loved you so. You were my favorite Krakoa-era title and its such a tragedy that you died (especially given your premise).

I believe the X-creators are of the belief that all titles that have ended (RIP) (that introduced Krakoa-expanding culture, concepts, etc.) are still functioning behind the scenes.
    X-Corps & X-Factor, for example, may not have lasted or pull the readership numbers, but conceptually it stands to reason that regardless of whether WE are reading their respective activities on a monthly basis as we once were, that the fictional character inhabiting those titles are still active in their roles (those who aren't otherwise engaged in active plots elsewhere - as you pointed out)

Monet and Warren (as of Immortal X-Men) are still actively involved in X-Corps - per their Council-seat pitches in issue one.
    I do wish we would see more of that in upcoming issues -- the recognition of X-factor's continued existence-- despite the dispersal of several of their members. With Lorna, Aurora, Daken & Rachel busy elsewhere, I could see Siryn having been recruited, and/or Longshot (if he was ever successfully liberated from Mojoworld?)

Northstar, Prodigy, Eye Boy, are tremendously resourceful on their own, but it would be so great to see them operating still, with a full(er) roster. [sigh]
    Bolded: JDW and others have mentioned/alluded to/said that some of these titles that have gone away are still functioning as part of Krakoa, they are just no longer getting a book. So X-Corp continues to be mentioned, and I feel like I read somewhere about X-Factor helping somewhere. But yes, they exist and we have to use our imaginations to think of the way they are still working without coverage.

I like to believe they hired on Hellion as extra help. He could just throw people with his powers in order to make them confess things, which would be very helpful in their investigations.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Ironically, only X-Factor could have solved the mystery of whether X-Factor is still alive and well on the island....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Bolded: JDW and others have mentioned/alluded to/said that some of these titles that have gone away are still functioning as part of Krakoa, they are just no longer getting a book. So X-Corp continues to be mentioned, and I feel like I read somewhere about X-Factor helping somewhere. But yes, they exist and we have to use our imaginations to think of the way they are still working without coverage.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the Boneyard has been mentioned a time or two since the book ended. Unless they were referring to Vulcan's hook-ups ohhhh.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I wouldn't mind more Prodigy and Eye Boy in my life.

Astonishing Member

If X-Factor does turn up again somewhere, Hindsight might make a good replacement on the team for Rachel since she's busy in Otherworld. His psychometric powers could fill the role that Rachel's time-skimming sense was used for.

Fantastic Member

Ok if we think X-factor is still around, with the current Northstar, prodigy, eyeboy And Siryn probably. Who could there other member?
    I remember a scene they are asking some character about Siryn, it might be a sample who could be added to the team,.Madrox, banshee..

Since Madrox and Guido is active in infinity unlimited. They could be added on the team.
    And another academy X... Mercury, surge or trance, or Bling!.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Ok if we think X-factor is still around, with the current Northstar, prodigy, eyeboy And Siryn probably. Who could there other member?
    I remember a scene they are asking some character about Siryn, it might be a sample who could be added to the team,.Madrox, banshee..

Since Madrox and Guido is active in infinity unlimited. They could be added on the team.
    And another academy X... Mercury, surge or trance, or Bling!.
    Some obscure Academy Kid like Contact, Audio or Pitpoint.
    Maybe some ex Alpha Flighters like Pathway, Murmur or Dimond Lil.

Incredible Member

Somebody nobody knows, like Hellion.

Ngl would be more interested in Rachel facing skin jacker and tracking him

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    If X-Factor does turn up again somewhere, Hindsight might make a good replacement on the team for Rachel since she's busy in Otherworld. His psychometric powers could fill the role that Rachel's time-skimming sense was used for.
    I strongly agree with this suggestion. Hindsight fits the underused, less popular theme of the cast, as well as having a uniquely appropriate to investigation powerset. Excellent choice. Also queer.
    I'd also enjoy the addition of Cipher -- Alisa Tager -- for all her multitude of investigatory powers (invisibility, inaudibility, imperceptibility, intangibility, etc) and so she's basically a ghost (haha) which is also on brand for a team of mutants who live in the Boneyard with a Graveyard/Morgue and hunt down Death.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Somebody nobody knows, like Hellion.
    I agree, Hellion is a great choice and is very amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    [sigh]
    Right?!? Not gonna lie I still feel some type of way about the fact that a ton of the other books that weren't selling well (and some selling worse) were able to just relaunch with a new coat of paint. Williams had 30+ issues planned and instead of getting a Legion or Knights of X relaunch we just got Trial of Magneto, which wasn't even remotely about X-Factor.