Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Here it is. Uncanny X-Men vol 1 201.
    Attachment 121425
    Always loved that issue and loved that future Uncanny artist Whilce Portacio was the guest inker on it. I never really loved Portacio's art, although it had its moments back in the 90s, but his ink jobs always brought something special to the artists pages. His work on Art Adams' Longshot was excellent and so were his inks over Jim Lee's pencils on that Storm/Gambit/Nanny story.

BANNED

I guess this means that Cable already knows, or at least predicted his death last issue as he already instructed Hope to give him that stealth arm through the resurrection process.
    Last edited by MkDiz; 05-28-2022 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    I guess this means that Cable already knows, or at least predicted his death last issue as he already instructed Hope to give him that stealth arm through the resurrection process.
    Maybe he had already used his TP to read Brand's mind!? Or has Brand has somekind of immunity towards TP!? Maybe with a special device, nanobots, etc!?

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Maybe he had already used his TP to read Brand's mind!? Or has Brand has somekind of immunity towards TP!? Maybe with a special device, nanobots, etc!?
    brand does indeed have powerful telepathic protections but normally xavier, emma or exodus maybe cable be able to read his mind without problem

That’s the thing about Cable… you never know exactly what he knows, or how he knows it. Whether through future knowledge, gleaned from studying the archives in the timeline where he was raised (though I believe we veered off from that timeline some time ago), through his telepathy, or even just smarts and gut instinct honed over a lifetime of combat and military strategy. Hell, he even had some low level precog abilities for awhile. So there’s layers within layers to the things Cable knows and the angles he’s playing, which makes him fun IMO. Yeah, it’s a bit deus ex machina at times. The ultimate “get out of jail free” card when you need it. But I enjoy it personally.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Here it is. Uncanny X-Men vol 1 201.
    Attachment 121425
    Awesome call-back by Ewing to one of my absolute favourite single issues.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-28-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s the thing about Cable… you never know exactly what he knows, or how he knows it. Whether through future knowledge, gleaned from studying the archives in the timeline where he was raised (though I believe we veered off from that timeline some time ago), through his telepathy, or even just smarts and gut instinct honed over a lifetime of combat and military strategy. Hell, he even had some low level precog abilities for awhile. So there’s layers within layers to the things Cable knows and the angles he’s playing, which makes him fun IMO. Yeah, it’s a bit deus ex machina at times. The ultimate “get out of jail free” card when you need it. But I enjoy it personally.
    He could be spying on her through his T-O virus, he could have infected the entire S.W.O.R.D station with it.Not that I've seen him use it for intel gathering before ,but could be a new capability the writers reveal.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    He could be spying on her through his T-O virus, he could have infected the entire S.W.O.R.D station with it.Not that I've seen him use it for intel gathering before ,but could be a new capability the writers reveal.
    He used his TO to get access to Greymalkin when Magneto's & the Brotherhood had taken it over - round about Cable 9-11,1st vol.

Woo, child!

omfg. 💀
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Well after old cable was resurrected he knew Brand “employed” his teenage self because she needed summers family influence and teen cable would be much easier to manipulate than old cable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charm View Post
    He used his TO to get access to Greymalkin when Magneto's & the Brotherhood had taken it over - round about Cable 9-11,1st vol.
    Actually, Cable's Celestial A.I., (formally known as Professor/Ship/Prosh) had assumed control of Graymalkin -- Graymalkin also had complete control over its own Techno-Organic structure.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-14-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Woo, child!

omfg. ��
    This… is promising.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

This… is promising.
    Oh, it's beyond that.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Woo, child!

omfg. ��
    This… is promising.
    Agreed! Just perused it (TWICE!). Most pleasing! Looking forward to the fandoms’ reaction.

Oh, it's beyond that.
    Is Ewing the best or is he the bestest?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!