Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is currently my favorite book!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ewing: Cable dying was all part of my plan.
    "Cable was right!"

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Brand isn't going anywhere. This is her comic, and everyone else is a guest star.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Brand isn't going anywhere. This is her comic, and everyone else is a guest star.
    Storm isn't going anywhere. This is her comic, and everyone else is a guest star. Ok I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Oh man, oh man, oh man. This series is everything to me, it is so good that as much as I love Gillen it has put his Inmortal X-Men as a distant second (and it is a good distant second). Ewin continues to buck expectations, just when I though I had an idea where he would take certain characters, he goes and flips the script by having Cable and Thunderbird actually working together to take Brand down, and they have Eden (the best mutant created in the last 20 years) with them. I always thought that Nathan and John would eventually come to work on the same side once they had it out, and of course Ewin goes the other way and has them as allies from the get go instead, while maintaining John's animosity towards Nathan intact. With Eden they form a badass power trio, and I cannot wait till they join Storm, Sunspot, Magneto and The Fisher King to form a badass team. This title is everything that I need from the X-men line right now, and with Inmortal and Legion of X edging out X-Men I think I am good.
    I also wanted to mention how great it is that Ewin has managed to make his cast diverse without making it feel forced. Every character seems to fit a purpose in the title. That trio of Cable, Thunderbird and Manifold is especially great because they have things in common without them overlapping as characters. John and Nathan have their military background, John and Eden are both First People of their respective countries yet have very different personalities and worldviews. If Cable ever reclaims X-Force from Beast he has his first two members right there.
    No doubt. The Cable/Thunderbird/Manifold trio was the start of the X-Force team I never knew I wanted until now.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This looks good! And cable has his memories of being killed so the waiting room may be more than just a backup place of people before cerebro. That is one hell of a three man squad.
    For sure. Throw in maybe Wiz Kid as tech support, Boomer for laughs and Khora of the Burning Heart and I’d say that’s a killer New X-Terminators squad… though presently it seems that Dazzler, Jubilee, Boomer and Wolverine (Laura) are using the name. Perhaps when they get done with it and their mini is over with… actually, in that case swap Boomer and Dazzler. I just really like Dazzler and for some reason think she and Nathan would have good chemistry. Weird, I know, but I ship them. Good contrast that I think would work well together.

So… Cable, Thunderbird, Manifold, Dazzler, Khora and Wiz Kid would be my New X-Terminators squad. Basically Storm’s version of X-Force on Mars.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-27-2022 at 07:08 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No doubt. The Cable/Thunderbird/Manifold trio was the start of the X-Force team I never knew I wanted until now.

For sure. Throw in maybe Wiz Kid as tech support, Boomer for laughs and Khora of the Burning Heart and I’d say that’s a killer New X-Terminators squad… though presently it seems that Dazzler, Jubilee, Boomer and Wolverine (Laura) are using the name. Perhaps when they get done with it and their mini is over with… actually, in that case swap Boomer and Dazzler. I just really like Dazzler and for some reason think she and Nathan would have good chemistry. Weird, I know, but I ship them. Good contrast that I think would work well together.

So… Cable, Thunderbird, Manifold, Dazzler, Khora and Wiz Kid would be my New X-Terminators squad. Basically Storm’s version of X-Force on Mars.
    Going with the themes of names like Legion of X and Knights of X i would go with Guardians of X.

Cable
    Thunderbird
    Manifold
    Dazzler
    Kora
    Wiz Kid
    Hercules
    Selene (and she just popped in my head as i was making the list lol but it felt right cause Space magic.)
    Rogue
    Sage
    Marvel Boy (cause kree interests)

They would be like the imperial guard of Red. Or like
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

This book is so damn good. Yes, Thunderbird’s costume looks so much better here. Odd. Maybe it’s the coloring? More muted turquoise? Whatever… everything about this book is pretty flawless (flawless like a well written Storm).

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So this issue Vulcan vs.Tarn.

Are we gonna bet?

If so I go Vulcan.
    So, we’re placing Bets? Tarn for the Win.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That's your ass Brand.

She's gonna be getting the Selene special soon.
    And I cannot wait. I hope Frenzy turns on Abigail Brand. Oh this is so Good!! Brand is about to get it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So this issue Vulcan vs.Tarn.

Are we gonna bet?

If so I go Vulcan.
    I am a little bit Uncaring about Vulcan!

I feel like both recently got their asses handed to them by Storm, so both need redemption. This is why I’m predicting that A) Vulcan doesn’t end up fighting Tarn, rather Magneto does somehow (hence the cover) and B) Magneto loses. Badly. And this is how he gets further “broken” somehow. Which could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    I knew Cable was way too passive in the previous issue. It's cool that we're shedding light on the why so soon.

John is so funny, "Junior".
    I love him f@#$ing with Nathan, calling him “Junior.” That’s kind of my favorite part. John is such a sh!t starter. Ewing is really doing great work with him, and Cable both. This is how you build a fun rivalry to match or even surpass the Logan-Scott rivalry of old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Would read in a heartbeat. Really hope sales on Red are good because Ewing deserves to craft his own little corner in the X-books.

Maaan… I’m not trying to overextend the man, but give Ewing X-Force and let him relaunch it as well as keeping X-men Red.

Either that, or just give him a New X-Terminators book that picks up threads from both Cable: Reloaded, which introduced his team of New X-Terminators, and this new series coming out featuring Dazzler/Boomer/Jubilee/Laura. Basically just adding Dazzler to Cable’s team and subbing some others out (e.g., Manifold for Lila Cheney, Thunderbird for Cannonball, Dazzler for Boomer). It could work.

Yeah, I know… I’m getting greedy. But I would buy a second Ewing X-title in a heartbeat. Especially if it features Cable and a team doing black ops stuff out in space, like the X-Force of Mars or whatever.

Sorry… I’m really blowing up this thread today and I would apologize, but I’m just excited for this book, so no apologies.

But here’s something interesting to ponder… so Legion revealed to Warlock over in Legion of X #1 that his father, Magus of The Technarchy, was recently killed by Nimrod. And that he “took things from the corpse.” And you also have Brand colluding with ORCHIS at the same time, and going so far as to stage an attack by the Progenitors just to steal a sample of Cable’s techno-organic viral load and study it and how he controls it. Hmmm…

… something is definitely building here. For sure.

Man I feel like of the xoffice play their cards right with this book... it can easily reach immortal hulk level of acclaim especially considering the cast of Storm, Magneto and many others. They have to let Ewing do his thing with these charachters because the man has an actual plan.