Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

But... But... Where is the recently resurrected NAKED Cable!?

They probably asked him to cover up. Even if he’s back in his prime, which was around 45 as per Liefeld’s initial sketches back when he introduced the character to the books, he’s still middle aged. And hairy. Cable has at times been shown to be about as hairy as Wolverine. Guess they didn’t want to see that. Especially his teenaged daughter. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Or maybe this is why she don't want him to die for a while! She saw too much naked Daddy!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Brand isn't going anywhere. This is her comic, and everyone else is a guest star.
    I feel like Ewing is using this first arc of Red to wrap up some loose threads from S.W.O.R.D with Brand then focus will shift from her to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So this issue Vulcan vs.Tarn.

Are we gonna bet?

If so I go Vulcan.
    Vulcan defeats Tarn but someone else challenges Vulcan.

Tarn being outed from the Great Ring may make him and even more dangerous to Arakko after he goes from being one of the most feared person in Arakko to being humiliated by people he considers weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh man… this is so damn good. Looks like not only is Cable onto Brand’s treachery, but he’s working with Thunderbird and Manifold. This book is too damn good…
    Brand is definitely about to get her ass handed to her

Can't wait for this issue

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

They probably asked him to cover up. Even if he’s back in his prime, which was around 45 as per Liefeld’s initial sketches back when he introduced the character to the books, he’s still middle aged. And hairy. Cable has at times been shown to be about as hairy as Wolverine. Guess they didn’t want to see that. Especially his teenaged daughter. Ha.
    I don't know why, but i'm excited for you. I HOPE Cable and Manifold and Thunderbird gets Brands Ass. It's good to have a writer express and show how to right a good Cast of Characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    But... But... Where is the recently resurrected NAKED Cable!?
    I was thinking the same thing.

I'm predicting Vulcan beating Tarn, giving Brand her proxy on the Great Ring. Drama!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hate Tarn. But I also hate Vulcan.
    But...Tarn brings the laughs when he's put in his place so...I'm betting on Tarn. (Though I'm fully aware that for Brand's scheme to work and for Ewing to Ante Up the stakes, he may have to lose.) Either way, I'm good.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty sure the surprise ending to the fight in Issue 3 is Magneto swooping in and challenging and winning, despite what the cover seems to imply. Magneto's helmet is on the cover to issue #6, which is the fallout of the Great Ring's battle with Uranos, it seems like, which makes me pretty confident Magneto will be on the Ring by the time that fight happens. My guess is that Tarn's genetic manipulation of Vulcan in their fight leads to him accidentally 'uncorking' the real, nastier Vulcan that the aliens buried underneath the veneer they sent him back with, and this leads to some kinda cataclysmic unleashing of Vulcan's power that isn't wholly conscious on his part, thus he doesn't actually 'win' his battle with Tarn but still affects or wounds Tarn severely enough that Magneto is able to come in and bat clean-up after the Tarn/Vulcan fight is concluded.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

If, Vulcan beats Tarn i'm actually going to be VERY Surprised.

Can Magneto beat Vulcan???

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I don't know why, but i'm excited for you. I HOPE Cable and Manifold and Thunderbird gets Brands Ass. It's good to have a writer express and show how to right a good Cast of Characters.
    Maybe because I put positive energy out in the world.

But seriously I get it. And appreciate it. I’m always pumped for diehard fans of characters when their faves get some love, in terms of great moments and great writing. Right now I’m loving the energy from all the Storm fans, for example, as she’s finally being given her due after years of mismanagement. Or the Jean fans, as Jean is also getting a lot of love in the current era. I feel like Magik and Hope are getting some good spotlight too in New Mutants and Immortal X-men respectively, and Cyclops and Synch are also getting their moments to shine over in Duggan’s X-men. Thunderbird, after all these years… and, yes, I am rooting for Hellion to do something BIG for my guy, Rift, too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed! And I love the Proudstar’s but I’m thinking he should’ve let Cable have his coffee first before coming to fight him! Pwnt! Love it!
    Perhaps he should have a talk with Petra and Sway when they get rezzed?

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Oh man, oh man, oh man. This series is everything to me, it is so good that as much as I love Gillen it has put his Inmortal X-Men as a distant second (and it is a good distant second). Ewin continues to buck expectations, just when I though I had an idea where he would take certain characters, he goes and flips the script by having Cable and Thunderbird actually working together to take Brand down, and they have Eden (the best mutant created in the last 20 years) with them. I always thought that Nathan and John would eventually come to work on the same side once they had it out, and of course Ewin goes the other way and has them as allies from the get go instead, while maintaining John's animosity towards Nathan intact. With Eden they form a badass power trio, and I cannot wait till they join Storm, Sunspot, Magneto and The Fisher King to form a badass team. This title is everything that I need from the X-men line right now, and with Inmortal and Legion of X edging out X-Men I think I am good.
    I also wanted to mention how great it is that Ewin has managed to make his cast diverse without making it feel forced. Every character seems to fit a purpose in the title. That trio of Cable, Thunderbird and Manifold is especially great because they have things in common without them overlapping as characters. John and Nathan have their military background, John and Eden are both First People of their respective countries yet have very different personalities and worldviews. If Cable ever reclaims X-Force from Beast he has his first two members right there.
    Depending on who reclaims X-Force from Percy...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    If, Vulcan beats Tarn i'm actually going to be VERY Surprised.

Can Magneto beat Vulcan???
    I'm sure a Vulcan/Tarn fight will include lots of cheating, and outside help.
    My flag is bacon.

I love him f@#$ing with Nathan, calling him “Junior.” That’s kind of my favorite part. John is such a sh!t starter. Ewing is really doing great work with him, and Cable both. This is how you build a fun rivalry to match or even surpass the Logan-Scott rivalry of old.
    Which is why I don't understand when people get mad at John for having that type of personality. It works wonderfully with Cable's, and now they have Eden to be the one to temper their personalities. If everyone just got along and was friendly with everyone else it would make for a boring read. But where Ewin flips the script is in actually making the good guys smart and aware of the dangers surrounding them instead of blinded to the bad guys machinations. They can have their personality clashes and still be efficient. In just a few panels Ewin manages to clearly establish all three characters and how they interact with each other, heck, we only saw Eden in one panel and we know he is clearly meant to be the level headed one, Cable the strategic one, and John the hot head, without making any of them sound dumb or immature. And it also puts Nathan and John's interaction in issue 1 in a new perspective, as it is clear now that John and Nathan were already working together, which means Cable recruited him before issue 1, which explains why John was in Mars in the first place.
    About John's costume, the reason why it feels different is because the colorist is using a darker hue on the turquoise and yellow, which makes the colors clash less. Granted, I was a fan of the new costume over the old one from the beginning, but I think that's why it looks different.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 05-27-2022 at 12:15 PM.

If Vulcan kills Tarn then the Locus Vile wouldn’t be under his control anymore. I wonder if we would see their original forms restored.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Would read in a heartbeat. Really hope sales on Red are good because Ewing deserves to craft his own little corner in the X-books.
    If I have learned anything from Al Ewing it's that no matter how many times you cancel/relaunch his books he'll find some way to keep going and continue his plot points.
    Still probably a beefcake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Brand is definitely about to get her ass handed to her

Can't wait for this issue
    Is it too much to hope for her to take Beast down with her?