Default Vash the Stampede (Trigun) joins the Hero Association (One Punch Man)

How would manga Vash rank in the Hero's Association in the OPM universe?

This is manga Vash with him at his max power.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Not really sure what he'd do to be honest.

In some respects, OPM is a lot more violent than Gunsmoke but also there's a much better and more developed society to look out for people in danger.

Also, even if they are monsters, the villains tend to be sentient and I imagine Vash wouldn't want to kill them if he could avoid it. His pacifism would clash a lot with the more bloodthirsty perspectives of those in S Class, much like Saitama did when he spared Garou.

I know it's the purpose of the scenario, but given a largely stable world I don't think Vash would join the Association. He's skilled enough and powerful enough to be in S Class but I imagine he would heavily sandbag to land in like B Class and then maintain a low profile.

That's also the issue that all of his strongest stuff, Angel Arm and black hole bullets, explicitly shorten his lifespan so wouldn't want to use those except in dire situations.

So yeah, he likely just bums around, finds a small community, works in a bar or something. Occasionally deals with a monster if it winds up on his doorstep.

It's Vash, he ultimately wants to chill out and live a quiet life.

If Vash does join the hero society, I'd imagine he'd give himself some overblown name that nobody takes seriously and would purposley mess up his own tests keeping him at a lower rank.

More likely though, I can see him not joining at all, but for some reason or another, he keeps ending up being one of the "innocent bystanders" during major events,and coincidentally enough, the ones where he's present tend to have a lot lower body count than the ones he's not at.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If Vash does join the hero society, I'd imagine he'd give himself some overblown name that nobody takes seriously and would purposley mess up his own tests keeping him at a lower rank.

More likely though, I can see him not joining at all, but for some reason or another, he keeps ending up being one of the "innocent bystanders" during major events,and coincidentally enough, the ones where he's present tend to have a lot lower body count than the ones he's not at.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Even without the use of his angel arms, his skill with just a standard gun is so ridiculous that I see him being a top level C or B member of the society. He could definitely do well in stopping run-of-the-mill bank robberies, hostage situations and cats stuck in tree situations. I was mainly curious how high Vash would operate when compared to the likes of Garou, Tatsumaki, Boros and other high level characters in OPM, to be honest.

And yeah, if someone can find me an anime gun battle that rivals Vash VS Knives, I would greatly appreciate it.

Even ignoring Vash's guns, he's still a bullet timer and his eye sight and aim is good enough to deflect bullets by flicking pebbles at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Not really sure what he'd do to be honest.

In some respects, OPM is a lot more violent than Gunsmoke but also there's a much better and more developed society to look out for people in danger.

Also, even if they are monsters, the villains tend to be sentient and I imagine Vash wouldn't want to kill them if he could avoid it. His pacifism would clash a lot with the more bloodthirsty perspectives of those in S Class, much like Saitama did when he spared Garou.

I know it's the purpose of the scenario, but given a largely stable world I don't think Vash would join the Association. He's skilled enough and powerful enough to be in S Class but I imagine he would heavily sandbag to land in like B Class and then maintain a low profile.

That's also the issue that all of his strongest stuff, Angel Arm and black hole bullets, explicitly shorten his lifespan so wouldn't want to use those except in dire situations.

So yeah, he likely just bums around, finds a small community, works in a bar or something. Occasionally deals with a monster if it winds up on his doorstep.

It's Vash, he ultimately wants to chill out and live a quiet life.
    To be fair, Vash *does* have his sub-space bullets, which give him the option of trapping villains in a pocket universe as a non-violent approach (though he still runs the same risk of shortening his lifespan) .
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!