Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    You mean the Diana's mystical clone origin? I liked that one, but it had too many continuity holes in it and would just be worse now. Unless Hippolyta drops a big reveal that she created Donna from clay and part of Diana in an effort to keep the Zeus secret or something, but the it raises the question of where has Donna been for the last few years.

Much easier to introduce a young human Donna and have her go to PI and learnt he ways of the Amazons. Perhaps go nuts and have Donna as a trans child who has been with Hephaestus since her male body would make her undesirable to the Amazons ... Maybe the Purple Ray will then be used to transform her body into a super powerful female
    Maybe the "mystical clone" origin needed a little cleaning up but I thought it was more interesting. Personally if I was rewriting it I'd change it so that as an early manifestation of Diana's powers that she accidentally created a sentient imaginary friend named Donna. As Diana grows up beyond the need for an imaginary friend Donna who still lacks physical from fades away into limbo. It's there that the Titans of Myth discover her, and give her physical form as one of their Titan Seeds, or maybe as a new twist they use her soul to create Devastation.

That could also just be the new Devastation origin, and Donna could just be a human girl like a lot of people seem to want her to be. My idea doesn't really fit in with the current continuity anyways since Diana didn't grow up as the only child on the island, and thus wouldn't have had such a strong need to create an imaginary friend.

Either way her absence could be attributed to being with the Titans although the idea of her being a trans woman who was living with that male amazons does sound interesting too.

Why does her absence have to be attributed to anything?

How much time has actually passed in WW's book since Azzarello started?

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    The best and simplest way to bring Donna back is a spin on the original Teen Titans origin she was given in the 80's. Child rescued from a burning building, brought to Paradise Island and made an Amazon. None of that magic twin nonsense and none of that endless cycle of rebirth and suffering BS they grafted on later to explain Donna's origins after COIE and Infinite Crisis.
    Or maybe go for the simplest solution and not bring her forth at all in Nu-52?

Outside of the Teen Titans (when they were still good and had an impact) did she ever serve a purpose beyond making comics more convoluted?

But if Wonder Woman really, really needs a Robin/Supergirl copy then picking up a trainee would probably make the most sense as her unique origin does not really allow for relatives like Superman's does. Not without the numerous silly twists like in the previous continuity at least!

Her current origin allows for relatives more than it ever has before. She's Zeus's daughter. Zeus has dump truck loads of children, legitimate and otherwise. No silly twists required.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Her current origin allows for relatives more than it ever has before. She's Zeus's daughter. Zeus has dump truck loads of children, legitimate and otherwise. No silly twists required.
    True in a way, but probably not something you want to take advantage of as going back to that particular well too often would just make Wonder Woman less special.

Currently she's at least the only offspring by Zeus and an Amazon I believe, so having Donna be the same might not be desirable. Even a "normal" Zeus bastard is best avoided as you don't want to over-emphasize his role in Wonder Woman's origin. Giving her siblings could easily do that.

I don't think there's any harm in emphasizing his role in her origin, personally. As long as its not at the expense of her Amazonian side as the showcase, I don't subscribe to the idea of needing to avoid it like the plague lest it turn into a dirty patriarchal mythos.

With that said I get wanting to retain her uniqueness being the daughter of a god and an Amazon. But at the same time I think the idea that it would hurt the character to not really hold up to scrutiny when you look at other top characters. For the bulk of Superman's existence there's been at least a handful of living Kryptonians around, and its never hurt his status (In fact the brief edict after the Crisis in which he was restored as the last Kryptonian did nothing to better it, and in fact in some ways hurt it). Batman has two proteges who follow his darker nature in Jason and Damian, and its never hurt him either. So I don't think one more God/Amazon offspring that's a half-sister to Diana would do any damage. If, of course, that would be something in the cards.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-02-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I had an idea. What if Donna was the daughter of another famous person from Greek Mythology? Say Hector of Troy. Hector who was a Trojan hero, general of Troy's army and the crown prince to the throne.

This could give clause to Donna's last name, Troy. It can also tether Donna to the greek/mythology characters of the WW verse. By virtue of Donna being the child of a well known Greek hero. Instead of Donna just being tied to the WW by virtue of being an Amazon. As most of you know Troy was razed and burned to the ground after the Greek breached the city (via the Trojan horse ploy). Donna was found by Diana in her original origin in a burning building next to the lifeless bodies of her parents. Switch the roles of Diana rescuing Donna with Hippoylta, and you have your new story.

It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Of course she is introduced outside of a WW book. She has the stars and choker.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Of course she is introduced outside of a WW book.

What other choice does DC have if Azzarello doesn't want to include her in his story?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What other choice does DC have if Azzarello doesn't want to include her in his story?
    Introduce her in Wonder Woman/SMWW: Futures End where Azzarello is not doing anything, but Soule is (since she is learning her powers only 5 years from now)? Or wait 2 months and introduce her with the new creative team? Or introduce her in Superman/Wonder Woman like everyone was saying she would be?

Well no, let's just blame Azzarello.

In any case, there's a big chance it's not Donna. From what I know, people around the world start developing powers in this issue. She could be just a random girl.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 09-02-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Hope it is not her u.u Seriously...an origin that ties her to Superman?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Lol...but Azzarello is leaving, October is the last month of his run, I don't see how his story could give no other choice to DC if not introducing her in Action Comics Future Ends. u.u Not everything is his fault. Probably it's the contrary.

Anyway, maybe it is not her. According to that solicit there are also other people who start to have Superman's powers. And besides it is a Future Ends's issue...a future that probably won't ever happen.
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 09-02-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

BANNED

Why not simply make her another Zeus bastard child?

Simple enough origin, and it would make her a younger sibling to Diana.

Diana is the last child of Zeus in the 20th century. And Zeke after that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Really hope not.

If you catch the whole preview that girl learns of her powers in the middle of a suicide attempt. I really don't want the new Donna to be some mega depressed person who suddenly becomes happy when she gets powers. Can you say really lame origin?