Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman 2022 Annual #1 Preview

Batman 2022 Annual #1 Preview
    Writer: Ed Brisson
    Artist: John Timms

Much as I would love to support more Batman Inc., I'll have to pass on having Ghost-Maker and Clown Hunter involved.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Much as I would love to support more Batman Inc., I'll have to pass on having Ghost-Maker and Clown Hunter involved.
    Yeah, I'm not interested in that either. They can't go fast enough.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

What's wrong with Ghost-Maker and Clown Hunter? I personally think they are pretty decent new characters. I actually wouldn't mind reading a Ghost-Maker solo in the future.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    What's wrong with Ghost-Maker and Clown Hunter? I personally think they are pretty decent new characters. I actually wouldn't mind reading a Ghost-Maker solo in the future.
    They're just flat, edge lord characters the bore me to tears.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Bruce was always planning to expand his methods? I mean, foreshadowing, but it felt like he didn't plan for that kind of stuff until Dick came into the picture. Also I don't remember this happening in The Knight (yet) .

Feels like Batman inc. is being setup as a new Ghost-Maker title, but I'm happy to see them.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bruce was always planning to expand his methods? I mean, foreshadowing, but it felt like he didn't plan for that kind of stuff until Dick came into the picture. Also I don't remember this happening in The Knight (yet) .

Feels like Batman inc. is being setup as a new Ghost-Maker title, but I'm happy to see them.
    I was going to ask if he's always going to expand, what took him so long to build Batman Inc, but then Dick may count.

That said, Club of Heroes happened during the time Dick is Robin, between 3 to 8 years since he became Batman, and there's also Superman and Justice League. So his wish and action to get help crime fighting happen reasonably quick without having to account Dick, which I prefer he doesn't.

It will be really inappropriate and creepy if the first thing he saw in Robin is franchising crime fighters, instead of making him sidekick to provide a let out because he honestly relate to the kid.

but for the rest, it's now reframed with new motivation this time.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-28-2022 at 03:35 AM.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Same.

Ghost-Maker's one of my favorite DC characters, & I'm pretty excited that he'll be in the new Batman Inc.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 05-28-2022 at 06:32 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I was going to ask if he's always going to expand, what took him so long to build Batman Inc, but then Dick may count.

That said, Club of Heroes happened during the time Dick is Robin, between 3 to 8 years since he became Batman, and there's also Superman and Justice League. So his wish and action to get help crime fighting happen reasonably quick without having to account Dick, which I prefer he doesn't.

It will be really inappropriate and creepy if the first thing he saw in Robin is franchising crime fighters, instead of making him sidekick to provide a let out because he honestly relate to the kid.

but for the rest, it's now reframed with new motivation this time.
    He didn't even seem all that enthusiastic about the Club of Heroes, to be honest, at least if we go by Morrison.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Same.

Ghost-Maker's one of my favorite DC characters, & I'm pretty excited that he'll be in the new Batman Inc.
    Agreed, also check out batman the knight if you haven't ye.t Ghostmakers origins are expanded on in that and it's written by the upcoming batman writer, chip zdarsky.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He didn't even seem all that enthusiastic about the Club of Heroes, to be honest, at least if we go by Morrison.
    I think it reflects their publishing history. We didn't get many stories with them over the decades so it probably would be a bit weird if Bruce was actually super into the idea.

In general, from what I remember Bruce started Batman Inc. due to visions of the future that he experienced/saw/whatever during his time trip in Return of Bruce Wayne. He saw Leviathan coming and tried to prepare for it. It wasn't some long term plan that he had decade(?) ago. I also wonder how this new "reveal" works with Outsiders or Batfamily in general.

In another thread I was a bit positive about Ghost-Maker potentially being the lead character, but after reading this preview I don't find it exciting at all. Only thing I liked about it was Beryl being the Knight so we can write down Cyril being back and Beryl going back to Squire's role in Dark Crisis as another **** up by Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    . . . In another thread I was a bit positive about Ghost-Maker potentially being the lead character, but after reading this preview I don't find it exciting at all. Only thing I liked about it was Beryl being the Knight so we can write down Cyril being back and Beryl going back to Squire's role in Dark Crisis as another **** up by Williamson.
    I didn't get the FCBD Dark Crisis issue, but was that bit with Cyril as the Knight and Beryl back to being Squire in more than just one panel?

If not, that mistake may have been on the artist's part rather than by Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I didn't get the FCBD Dark Crisis issue, but was that bit with Cyril as the Knight and Beryl back to being Squire in more than just one panel?

If not, that mistake may have been on the artist's part rather than by Williamson.
    Wouldn't be the first artists error.

Yeah, that is possible as well, thou I find it a bit unlikely considering that all the heroes in this panel are Morrison's creations.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Man, I despise the whole Batman Incorporated concept. I do love Ghost Maker, though.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!