Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Gillan is not the only Doctor Who actor to be in the MCU.
    Christopher Eccelston was the villain in Thor: The Dark World,
    David Tennat was the Purple Man in Jessica Jones.
    Jenna Coleman has a cameo in Captain America: The First Avenger as one of the girls Bucky asks to go a double date with Steve (I think this was before she was cast as Clara on Doctor Who).

Star Trek and Star Wars were always my thing and, somehow, Doctor Who seemed lacking in substance to me somehow. Not sure how to explain it, but there it is. (Also, Doctor Who's lack of continuity kinda bugs me, although, with Star Trek now using the same model, I'm trying to learn to get over those kind of things.
    I wouldn't say it's really a lack of continuity, just like with comics, it's been going on so long that there are naturally some continuity hiccups, especially in regards to what happens in the future, although like in comics, there are several potential future timelines perhaps.

For instance the 80's Dalek stories all followed the same basic storyline (Davros returns, creates Daleks loyal to him which causes a civil war between them and the originals) between three separate Doctors. There's one Cybermen episode in the 80s that was so filled with continuity that it alienated a lot of viewers (Hence perhaps why the initial Cybermen in the new show were created in an alternate universe to simplify things).

Anyway I'm kind of wondering if the tone would be kind of like the Christmas special "The Return of Doctor Mysterio" (Nothing to do with Spidey's mysterio), where the Doctor teams up with a "superhero" he accidentally created. Although in that case it's partially because he did that; and obviously he'd have nothing to do with Spidey's origins.

Spider-Man DOES get mentioned in that episode though.

"The Doctor : Why do they call him Spider-Man? Don't they like him?

Grant : He was bitten by a radioactive spider, and guess what happened?

The Doctor : Radiation poisoning, I should think.

Grant : No. He got special powers.

The Doctor : What? Vomiting, Hair loss and death? Fat lot of use."
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-08-2022 at 08:02 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There's also Professor Gamble.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/jagamble.htm
    YES! You beat me to it. They released that comic with the 4" Power Man and Iron Fist Marvel Universe figures and it was glorious in its cheesy ripoff.

I think it'd be fun for him to come back some time

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    You know what the funny part is? I'm watching Morbius right now, and it feels like every Doctor actor is contracted to play a villain role in a comic based property:
    • John Hurt is evil president in V for Vendetta
    • Peter Capaldi as The Thinker in The Suicide Squad
    • David Tennant is Zebediah Kilgrave, not called Purple Man in Jessica Jones
    • Matt Smith as evil counterpart of hero in Morbius

And this thread title reminds me that Andrew Garfield appeared in one episode of the Doctor before he played Spider-Man.

I'm up for this crossover.
    Yep, Daleks in Manhattan.

How did you forget Christopher Eccleston as Malekith in Thor 2? Haha, when's Jodie Whittaker going to do a comic book character?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Gillan is not the only Doctor Who actor to be in the MCU.
    Christopher Eccelston was the villain in Thor: The Dark World,
    David Tennat was the Purple Man in Jessica Jones.
    Jenna Coleman has a cameo in Captain America: The First Avenger as one of the girls Bucky asks to go a double date with Steve (I think this was before she was cast as Clara on Doctor Who).
    Yeah, her role in Captain America was indeed pre-Who, she wouldn't have been cast in such a minor role after that. At the time, she was known for being a soap actress, she was in Emmerdale and Waterloo Road.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How did you forget Christopher Eccleston as Malekith in Thor 2? Haha, when's Jodie Whittaker going to do a comic book character?
    I named all the doctors whose names I know as someone who was only exposed to The Doctor via internet memes through some fans of the show.
    And that Thor movie bores me so much all I remember from it is the Chris Evans cameo.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage