Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dan Slott Pushed For A Spider-Man/Doctor Who Crossover And Was Told 'No'

While promoting his upcoming Doctor Who special for Titan Comics, Dan Slott revealed he had plans for a five issue series where Peter Parker would become The Doctor's companion, and Curt Connors would become a Silurian instead of The Lizard. He also likens Morlun to The Master. Marvel were 'happy just being Marvel' and asked if he'd rather create a Doctor-like character exclusive to them.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dan-...ver-marvel-no/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    While promoting his upcoming Doctor Who special for Titan Comics, Dan Slott revealed he had plans for a five issue series where Peter Parker would become The Doctor's companion, and Curt Connors would become a Silurian instead of The Lizard. He also likens Morlun to The Master. Marvel were 'happy just being Marvel' and asked if he'd rather create a Doctor-like character exclusive to them.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dan-...ver-marvel-no/
    I admit I have never seen Dr. Who, and would dread Dr. Who and Peter together. Of course, the only science fiction movies I like are action orientated like Robo Cop and Alien, so I am a poor judge of this idea.

Astonishing Member

I never did like Doctor Who, so I see no loss.

It could've been fun.

Well, then he basically wrote his Silver Surfer as a tribute to Doctor Who, so I guess he got it in there...although I don't think he would've written Spidey as a good companion.

Morlun as The Master? Yeah, no .

There's been a lot of Doctor Who references in Marvel going back to at least the 80s I think.

Hank Pym briefly wore an outfit resembling the Fourth Doctor, and I think faced some Dalek parodies to boot.

Excalibur featured a ton of references as well.

Paul Cornell also has written a ton of Doctor Who stuff. Alan Moore did do some comics as well.

Loki as he's written now has some similarities with the Doctor (and a bit of the Master).

Karen Gillian of course had Doctor Who companion Amy Pond as her breakout role before getting Nebula in the MCU...Andrew Garfield also had a small role in one of the Dalek stories.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-28-2022 at 08:55 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Karan Gillian of course had Doctor Who companion Amy Pond as her breakout role before getting Nebula in the MCU...Andrew Garfield also had a small role in one of the Dalek stories.

And of course, the Tenth Doctor David Tennant played Killgrave in Netflix's Jessica Jones, Chris Eccleston had an unfortunate turn in Thor The Dark World, and Matt Smith stole the show in Morbius. So far the only two Nu Who Doctors not to work for Marvel are Peter Capaldi (who appeared for DC in The Suicide Squad) and Jodie Whittaker

Felicity Jones (Felicia/Black Cat in ASM2, not that she got a chance to go there) popped up in a season 4 episode as well, playing a jewel thief no less.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

I got a Doctor vibe from Hank Pym in his Mighty Avengers/Avengers AI appearances. So I don't mind if they lean into that more.

Other than that, I don't mind if this gets made one day.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-28-2022 at 10:53 AM.

I'm sure I'd like it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Slott won awards for turning Silver Surfer into Doctor Who, maybe he'll win some for the actual thing this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    And of course, the Tenth Doctor David Tennant played Killgrave in Netflix's Jessica Jones, Chris Eccleston had an unfortunate turn in Thor The Dark World, and Matt Smith stole the show in Morbius. So far the only two Nu Who Doctors not to work for Marvel are Peter Capaldi (who appeared for DC in The Suicide Squad) and Jodie Whittaker
    Not sure if David Bradley counts (Played Hartnell and then the "new" First Doctor in Twice Upon A Time) was in Captain America: The First Avenger as "Church keeper" for about two minutes. Jenna Coleman (Smith/Capaldi companion Clara) was also Bucky's girlfriend in the same movie.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, then he basically wrote his Silver Surfer as a tribute to Doctor Who, so I guess he got it in there...although I don't think he would've written Spidey as a good companion.

Morlun as The Master? Yeah, no .
    That's a misquote.

I said "Immortus as The Master."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    That's a misquote.

I said "Immortus as The Master."
    So by extension Kang? Well, I guess that fits .

I woulda had fun with it.