View Poll Results: Should Joe Quesada conclude the One More Day trilogy?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want this story told

4 9.52%
  • No, I would rather this story not come into existence

24 57.14%
  • It depends on what his plans are.

14 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Should Joe Quesada conclude the One More Day trilogy?

In Joe Quesada's letter announcing his departure from Marvel, he talks about still having plans to contribute to Marvel, and ends by promising that his next crazy adventure will be amazing. I've heard some speculation that he wants to do something Spider-Man related, and he had hinted about wanting to do a third story after One More Day and One Moment in Time.

It's entirely possible that Marvel doesn't want to do this, and he doesn't want to devote months, if not more, of creative energy to making a TPB-length Spider-Man story.

But should he?

This is an idea he's had for a while.

The choices for the poll are going to be....
    1) Yes- You want to see him tackle a One More Day related project.
    2) No- You do not want to see him tackle a One More Day related project.
    3) It depends- The story was supposed to be about something that changes as a result of One More Day. It may have nothing to do with the spider-marriage, or Mary Jane. So maybe you wouldn't want to see him tackle some potential story ideas, but there's stuff he may plausibly touch on that you wouldn't mind seeing him handle.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Not really. I'm good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In Joe Quesada's letter announcing his departure from Marvel, he talks about still having plans to contribute to Marvel, and ends by promising that his next crazy adventure will be amazing. I've heard some speculation that he wants to do something Spider-Man related, and he had hinted about wanting to do a third story after One More Day and One Moment in Time.

It's entirely possible that Marvel doesn't want to do this, and he doesn't want to devote months, if not more, of creative energy to making a TPB-length Spider-Man story.

But should he?

This is an idea he's had for a while.

The choices for the poll are going to be....
    1) Yes- You want to see him tackle a One More Day related project.
    2) No- You do not want to see him tackle a One More Day related project.
    3) It depends- The story was supposed to be about something that changes as a result of One More Day. It may have nothing to do with the spider-marriage, or Mary Jane. So maybe you wouldn't want to see him tackle some potential story ideas, but there's stuff he may plausibly touch on that you wouldn't mind seeing him handle.
    As we saw at the end of the Spencer run, Marvel found a justification for OMD, and managed to make things worse: I am a solid NO vote. Why? I just want to see Quesada just go away, and maybe just maybe we can see the end of this nightmare occur. My prediction was and remains ASM 1000.

Should we trust the guy who pushed for OMD to begin with to finish a trilogy where two of its stories were garbage?

Seriously, feels like a rethorical question.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

I am incredibly sorry I brought this up as a possibility in another thread because I do not want this willed into existence by any stretch of the imagination.

There are no words strong enough to express just how much Q should step away and never touch Peter and especially MJ ever again.

OMD was a terrible story that turned Peter into a moral villain who aided and abetted the devil. But it did serve a story purpose and changed the status quo.

OMIT is...just an awful abomination. It's mean spirited, it's misogynistic in its treatment of Mary Jane and character assassinates Peter as well, and it serves absolutely no story purpose. In fact, it further muddies Spider-Man continuity and raises questions that weren't asked to be answered.

As it is, Q's reputation will always be tainted by OMD and OMIT (plus maybe House of M). He should walk away while people are remembering he also did some good things at Marvel as well.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-01-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I am incredibly sorry I brought this up as a possibility in another thread because I do not want this willed into existence by any stretch of the imagination.

There are no words strong enough to express just how much Q should step away and never touch Peter and especially MJ ever again.

OMD was a terrible story that turned Peter into a moral villain who aided and abetted the devil. But it did serve a story purpose and changed the status quo.

OMIT is...just an awful abomination. It's mean spirited, it's misogynistic in its treatment of Mary Jane and character assassinates Peter as well, and it serves absolutely no story purpose. In fact, it further muddies Spider-Man continuity and raises questions that weren't asked to be answered.

As it is, Q's reputation will always be tainted by OMD and OMIT (plus maybe House of M). He should walk away while people are remembering he also did some good things at Marvel as well.
    Quesada did some good things… So did Victor Von Doom. But like Dr. Doom the negative will far outweigh the positives.

I'd say don't make a third part; none of the previous stories worked (even people who agree with the retcon being needed seem to generally agree that the actual story was bad) and I think it's been too long since the original came out. Also, what's the point? OMD's only purpose was to reboot Spider-Man and erase the marriage. The first story did that, so there's nothing left to expand on. Also, I have to wonder if making an anti-Mary Jane story is a good idea in terms of franchise synergy purposes, given her role in adaptations and all that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Also, I have to wonder if making an anti-Mary Jane story is a good idea in terms of franchise synergy purposes, given her role in adaptations and all that.
    Maybe the shocking reveal is that an actress replaced MJ all the way back to the Lee/Romita days, and the real niece of Anna Watson is actually some girl called Michelle Jones.

I don't know what the story would be about. It may have nothing to do with Mary Jane, since my recollection about Quesada's comments (hard to find online) is that it's about something that changed as a result of One More Day.

I want the story to exist because I'm curious about what it would be.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't know what the story would be about. It may have nothing to do with Mary Jane, since my recollection about Quesada's comments (hard to find online) is that it's about something that changed as a result of One More Day.

I want the story to exist because I'm curious about what it would be.
    The pregnancy during the Clone Saga still happened. The Ben Reilly mini by JMD confirms it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The pregnancy during the Clone Saga still happened. The Ben Reilly mini by JMD confirms it.
    Even though Q said it didn't and hinged OMIT on the asinine assumption that Peter and MJ would only get married to have children. That's just...again, there are no words to discuss the inanity.

Bless J.M. DeMatteis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    JMD said he wrote that Pre-OMD reality warp, so I'm afraid that might not be the case

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    JMD said he wrote that Pre-OMD reality warp, so I'm afraid that might not be the case
    Ah, but according to Q, MJ double crossed Mephisto so the warp didn't actually happen. Yet the results of the warp did happen. Which is another reason why OMIT is a ridiculous waste of paper/pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The current Ben Reilly mini being published now. It just takes place during the 1990s Clone Saga but was written probably within the last year.

What is there left to even say?

OMD and OMIT were both bad, do we need to make this a trilogy of bad stories?