Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Northstar needs a solo, according to CBR

Northstar, the first Marvel gay hero and the first ever comic LBTGI+ to get married deserves a solo series according to CBR.

I AGREE...!

https://www.cbr.com/northstar-gay-he...-x-men-marvel/

WHAT YOU THINK?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Or a well-written beauty-fully illustrated 6-issue limited series could work as a starter.

Probably a storyline along the lines of reconnecting with his past Alpha Flight colleagues as a way to re-introduce those characters back into the MU proper...I'd definitely buy that as I miss the Original AF so very muchly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

How about a well written and well drawn Alpha Flight series instead?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh, Absolutely!
    But I do like Northstar and Aurora as Krakoans/X-members so I wouldn't be too bummed if they didn't re-join.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'd definitely settle for a mini (or even a one shot) at this point. He's Marvel's gay pioneer and deserves better.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    How about a well written and well drawn Alpha Flight series instead?
    I'm down for both a Northstar limited series AND an Alpha Flight revival. I recently came across an old sales chart from the time Byrne was doing the book and was surprised to see just how successful AF was at the time (like a top 10 book) and it's crazy how Marvel never managed to make Alpha Flight a viable franchise again despite some pretty solid attempts (Seagle's and Pak/Ven Lente's run were both pretty decent)

Wolverine can't have all the books .

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Wolverine can't have all the books .
    Are you trying to dare Marvel??

Two weeks later: announcing Wolverine & Alpha Flight!
    Last edited by Romy134; 05-28-2022 at 12:28 PM.

They should bring back Northstar's rogues gallery from his mini-series (another landmark for Marvel's gay history):

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Are you trying to dare Marvel??

Two weeks later: announcing Wolverine & Alphabet Flight!
    Lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they have that pitch stashed in a file cabinet somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    They should bring back Northstar's rogues gallery from his mini-series (another landmark for Marvel's gay history):

They could be a Northstar Revenge Squad.

Northstar is cool. I'd read his solo. But Fuckboys have much less rep than the LGBT. Hellion is more deserving of a solo in terms of rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I'd settle for him at least getting a Pride story on the 30th anniversary of Marvel's First! Gay! Superhero! coming out, but looks like we missed out on that one.

Mighty Member

No. Give him a Giant Size X-men book with a compelling story and reason why it should continue. For me, him being married with a child (as teased in Trial Of Magneto) makes him boring. If they had an open relationship or were in a throuple with Iceman that would be interesting as a real world reflection of gay marriage. Gay men don’t always have the same relationships as straight couples and to see that reflected in comics (like the alluded to open relationship with Jean and Scott) is much more interesting how they would juggle that and have Kyle still be a “fish out of water” on Krakoa.

Get him some decent enemies and I may be intrigued after a one shot. He would have to have a bang up supporting cast, but when does that just become a team book? Give me something I can relate to and see everyday in my life and I would definitely take a chance on a series.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe a limited or a one shot...but what's the story gonna be? Does he even have someone who can be considered an arch?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Maybe a limited or a one shot...but what's the story gonna be? Does he even have someone who can be considered an arch?
    At this point? Mac Hudson. I am just barely joking.