Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Canadian here. That's a HARD PASS for me.

Of all the LGBT characters , Northstar is perhaps the most boring one . I would rather read a story about Iceman (again) discovering his life as a Omega gay mutant. Or Prodigy. Or Mercury. Or Loa. Or Anole. Or Destiny (ect.) There is a lot of possibilities!
    But the househusband with a grumpy personnality? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Northstar, the first Marvel gay hero and the first ever comic LBTGI+ to get married deserves a solo series according to CBR.

I AGREE...!

https://www.cbr.com/northstar-gay-he...-x-men-marvel/

WHAT YOU THINK?
    Yes he does!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

They should do a one-shot with all the bitchiest characters (Jean-Paul, Emma, Namor, Pietro...) giving each other a "reading", RuPaul-style. Let Grant Morrison write it and watch the snark flow. Dominique Jackson as Ororo, Jean as the token bombshell, Bobby as the token gay and Morrison writing themselves in the comic should preside as judges.

Northstar tends to be written as a jerk most of the time. He's not even a fun jerk like Namor or Quicksilver. He's just usually unlikable. That's fine in a team setting but I'm not so sure how well that would work out in a solo title.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    No. Give him a Giant Size X-men book with a compelling story and reason why it should continue. For me, him being married with a child (as teased in Trial Of Magneto) makes him boring. If they had an open relationship or were in a throuple with Iceman that would be interesting as a real world reflection of gay marriage. Gay men don’t always have the same relationships as straight couples and to see that reflected in comics (like the alluded to open relationship with Jean and Scott) is much more interesting how they would juggle that and have Kyle still be a “fish out of water” on Krakoa.

Get him some decent enemies and I may be intrigued after a one shot. He would have to have a bang up supporting cast, but when does that just become a team book? Give me something I can relate to and see everyday in my life and I would definitely take a chance on a series.
    What kind of homophobic bull**** is this? Is it really that hard for your small mind to conceive the idea of a monogamous gay couple raising a family?

I'm making a list of all you homophobes who are saying no.

he needs a divorce

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm making a list of all you homophobes who are saying no.
    North Star is easily the most boring LGBT+ character within Marvel. We’d like an LGBT book that has a chance of success.

But sure. You do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    North Star is easily the most boring LGBT+ character within Marvel. We’d like an LGBT book that has a chance of success.

But sure. You do you.
    I'll continue doing me and you continue doing Anita Bryant.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

A Solo Book?!....Sure. Give it too him.

Not sure why this hasn't happen yet.........

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'll continue doing me and you continue doing Anita Bryant.
    One could argue encouraging an LGBT book that's sure to fail, allowing people to say "look, LGBT books fail!", is probably more anti-gay with the type of logic you're employing...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    A Solo Book?!....Sure. Give it too him.

Not sure why this hasn't happen yet.........
    He's had a mini before. But I don't think he had been revealed as gay yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    What kind of homophobic bull**** is this? Is it really that hard for your small mind to conceive the idea of a monogamous gay couple raising a family?
    Arguing against a hetero-normative lifestyle for 2 gay characters is somehow homophobic? There are some really weird takes in this thread.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 05-29-2022 at 04:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they have that pitch stashed in a file cabinet somewhere.

They could be a Northstar Revenge Squad.
    Actually, they are employees of Arcade.

If you guys are worried about sales, a Hellion solo would make more money than a Northstar book. And Hellion's already LGBTQ+

Lovely
    Great
    Breathtaking
    Terrific
    QThe best
    + so much more
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    One could argue encouraging an LGBT book that's sure to fail, allowing people to say "look, LGBT books fail!", is probably more anti-gay with the type of logic you're employing...

He's had a mini before. But I don't think he had been revealed as gay yet?

Arguing against a hetero-normative lifestyle for 2 gay characters is somehow homophobic? There are some really weird takes in this thread.
    Its reinforcing stereotypes! And in what way is a monogamous relationship seen as heteronormative? Not all of us gay men are involved in open relationships, or anything else similar. In fact monogamous relationships are far more normal in the gay community than the homophobic media leads you to believe.

Northstar and Kyle have been a happily married couple in comics for years so to change that now to something you seem a bit “more gay” says a lot more about you than anyone else and their “weird takes in this thread”