Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jedi: Survivor

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I've heard about optimization issues for both PC and console with this one.

But yeah, in particular with the PC version I've heard people describe their high-end PCs as sounding like Lawnmowers when playing this game.
    I've heard some people say the game uses up 18GB of VRAM and the frame rate still doesn't go above 40fps.

And that's on very high-end PCs. It's so terrible.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's a good thing I didn't buy on day one. I'll wait until the optimization issues are fixed before buying.

Mighty Member

The two new stances are amazing. I may never touch the original three again.

The PC issues are very real and very annoying. I feel lucky to only have had 2 actual crashes over about 15 hours so far but the slow down and stutter are very noticeable. And it's a shame because the game itself is really good so far

So one area I think the devs for the game deserve a ton of credit for is that whomever was responsible for designing the choreography for the saber styles clearly either practices HEMA or did an applaudable amount of research into it and the historical fencing manuals because most of everything is at the least solid and in particular the crosshilt, saber/blaster, and dual wield look to be right out of the historical manuals for their equivalent styles(yes there were formal styles for sword and gun). Which might be why those styles feels so good to me

Astonishing Member

I beat the main story yesterday. I have to say this launch was FAR buggier than day one Cyberpunk was for me. And that game got trashed and rightly so for the people who did have horrible issues with it.

I have an Asus 4090 and it didn't even matter here. I had to turn of ray tracing entirely to help the constant crashing. Thats the only reason I was able to finish. Story wise I liked it. I don't regret buying it. But I likely would have had an overall better experience altogether waiting until they fix it all or optimize as much as they can.

Aside from the crashing over and over. I had bosses not be there when I respawned and having to return to desktop and restart the game again to force the boss to re appear so I can progress. Everyone has talked about the framerate drops.

That sounds like a whole lot of bad but it deserves it. However, I like the story. I like the character interactions. I like Cal's customizations. Being able to fast travel, the mount system could have been used a bit more even, but kind of got redundant when you can fast travel.

Finished the story mode myself.

Seems kind of obvious that Kata is going to wind up being Cal and Merrin's Jedi apprentice in the third game.

Kind of funny how EU stuff set before the OT (This goes for Legends stuff too) damages Vader or his suit so much in fights with Jedi (or even non-Jedi) but Luke pretty much 'wins' only by cutting off his Saber hand.

Some of the jumps can be a bit frustrating. The laser tunnel required a lot of perfect timing. Some of the Balloons and walls too.

Seemed like there were generally less puzzles this time except for the Koboh gunk.

Liked that it also featured stuff from pretty much every era except the sequel trilogy (Mainly because it hasn't happened yet-although several of the alien species do appear) The macguffin deals with the High Republic, there's pretty much every Clone Wars/prequel era Battle Droid represented, The Hidden Path and ISB from Disney+ play huge roles, Jedha from Rogue One...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Finished the story mode myself.

Seems kind of obvious that Kata is going to wind up being Cal and Merrin's Jedi apprentice in the third game.

Kind of funny how EU stuff set before the OT (This goes for Legends stuff too) damages Vader or his suit so much in fights with Jedi (or even non-Jedi) but Luke pretty much 'wins' only by cutting off his Saber hand.

Some of the jumps can be a bit frustrating. The laser tunnel required a lot of perfect timing. Some of the Balloons and walls too.

Seemed like there were generally less puzzles this time except for the Koboh gunk.

Liked that it also featured stuff from pretty much every era except the sequel trilogy (Mainly because it hasn't happened yet-although several of the alien species do appear) The macguffin deals with the High Republic, there's pretty much every Clone Wars/prequel era Battle Droid represented, The Hidden Path and ISB from Disney+ play huge roles, Jedha from Rogue One...
    We could see an early version of the Knights of Ren pop up in the next game.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-20-2023 at 01:38 PM.

That could be interesting. The whole concept of finding Tanalorr was also a bit like the Wayfinder/Exegol stuff in ROS, but done a lot better.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/1/23...r-ps4-xbox-one

Jedi Survivor gets a PS4/Xbox one version.

Astonishing Member

Finally patched in DLSS support been waiting till I can actually turn on all my settings to finish the Bounty missions at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That could be interesting. The whole concept of finding Tanalorr was also a bit like the Wayfinder/Exegol stuff in ROS, but done a lot better.
    It could also tie into Ahsoka as Thrawn, Baylan and the others could pop up.

Maybe we see Marrok as a villian Cal has to fight?

There's always starkiller .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-18-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

After the sheer bummer that was the announcement that EA is laying off staff and cancelling the FPS Mando game, I hope this doesn’t affect the third Jedi game too much (though they did reassure that and their Marvel games are still in development).