Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man and the Avengers against Mephisto?!

Recently, what we saw in the issues of FCBD seemed to indicate that Spider-Man and the X-Men's "worlds" are in a way of collision, in more than one sense. However, I believe Spider-Man might be in route to be trapped in another BIG story in the incomming issues; if delays can stop happening when less expected, that is.

You see, the Avengers are literally facing a Hellish crisis, with Mephisto and his Council of Red (as well as the Multiversal Masters of Evil) destroying and conquering Earths through the Multiverse. With this, I can't avoid thinking, how is it Spider-Man is not being involved here? I mean, if we talk about alternative Earths, Spider-Man has quite a lot of experience thanks to the whole messes around the Spider-Verse; so he should be ended involved here too. Maybe that's is going to be the so called "End of the Spider-Verse" that we were told recently.

In the latest arc around the Sinister War, we saw that Mephisto's greatest fear is around the fact that, once he finally takes over the world and turns it into a hellish nightmare, the only one capable of stopping him would apparently be the daughter of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson, and that's why he has interfered so many times into ruining their relationship/marriage. Well, if Mephisto is in the way to cause a hellish crisis through the Multiverse, I think it would have sense if the mysterious "Spider-Girl" we saw in Mephisto's vision is in fact MC2's May "Mayday" Parker.

If all Earths are in danger, I suppose the ones we know better (like the ones of the most popular alternative Spiders) will be in danger too at some point. So, do you find logical if the Spider-Verse and Avengers Forever end up joining forces against Mephisto and his Council of Red?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, that would make a whole lot of sense, especially since the upcoming issue of Avengers Forever has a surprisingly Spider-Man-like version of T'Challa/Black Panther.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that would make a whole lot of sense, especially since the upcoming issue of Avengers Forever has a surprisingly Spider-Man-like version of T'Challa/Black Panther.
    I know, I read the preview. Makes me wonder if Tchalla was bitten here by a spider too, and if not, why does he uses the topic of a spider.

Astonishing Member

I don’t get it. Why do people keep thinking that MJ is pregnant with May when she was already pregnant with May? Wouldn’t it make more sense to call this metaphorical baby Anne?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I don’t get it. Why do people keep thinking that MJ is pregnant with May when she was already pregnant with May? Wouldn’t it make more sense to call this metaphorical baby Anne?
    I think it could be neither Mayday or Annie. If you re-read the pre-OMD build up, the daughter in Peter and MJ's future shown to him is called Mary.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I think it could be neither Mayday or Annie. If you re-read the pre-OMD build up, the daughter in Peter and MJ's future shown to him is called Mary.
    Indeed. Mayday and Annie come from different moments in time for them to have born. Mayday comes from the 90s, during the saga of "The Night of the Goblin", and Annie... Well, I'm not sure, closer date I guess. The girl who appeared in during OMD, I think it could be a counterpart of this:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maybe..._(Earth-32323)

It would have sense, because their time was during the first Civil War.

Wouldn't that make Mephisto a fool? He thought she was the daughter of Peter and MJ from Earth-616, but it turns out that this daughter is from another universe. I do not like this. Also, I absolutely don't want Dan Slott to write a Spider-Man vs. Mephisto story, someone like Nick Spencer should write it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Indeed. Mayday and Annie come from different moments in time for them to have born. Mayday comes from the 90s, during the saga of "The Night of the Goblin", and Annie... Well, I'm not sure, closer date I guess
    Annie probably came a couple of months after Peter and MJ lost Mayday in the RYV timeline. My headcanon is only a handful of the post-96 stories 'counted' in canon shortly after and that Peter and MJ didn't go through counselling or a separation like we saw later. They simply stuck it out and tried again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Indeed. Mayday and Annie come from different moments in time for them to have born. Mayday comes from the 90s, during the saga of "The Night of the Goblin", and Annie... Well, I'm not sure, closer date I guess. The girl who appeared in during OMD, I think it could be a counterpart of this:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maybe..._(Earth-32323)

It would have sense, because their time was during the first Civil War.
    I remember that one. That was pretty sad, that the Civil War in that universe went so long and so badly that Peter had to leave his wife and daughter in the custody of Tony Stark to keep them safe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I remember that one. That was pretty sad, that the Civil War in that universe went so long and so badly that Peter had to leave his wife and daughter in the custody of Tony Stark to keep them safe.
    That was sad, but they never lost faith in one another and stuck together despite the years of separation over the boarders.

That was sad, but they never lost faith in one another and stuck together despite the years of separation over the boarders.
    Yeah, that was the silver lining, I suppose.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Wouldn't that make Mephisto a fool? He thought she was the daughter of Peter and MJ from Earth-616, but it turns out that this daughter is from another universe. I do not like this. Also, I absolutely don't want Dan Slott to write a Spider-Man vs. Mephisto story, someone like Nick Spencer should write it.
    I don't know, time travel and alternative Earths travel can be a real headache. Maybe in 616 there was going to be a Mayday similar to the one from MC2, but Mephisto stopped that from happening.

Annie probably came a couple of months after Peter and MJ lost Mayday in the RYV timeline. My headcanon is only a handful of the post-96 stories 'counted' in canon shortly after and that Peter and MJ didn't go through counselling or a separation like we saw later. They simply stuck it out and tried again.
    Something weird here. You see, in Mayday's world, her parents are starting to get old, as Peter already has part of his hair white. However, in Annie's world, her parents look quite younger than their counterparts in MC2. If chronologically, Annie came from a moment in time AFTER Mayday's conception, shouldn't RYV's Peter and Mary Jane look even older than their counterparts in MC2. I'm quite confused.

Doesn't Peter have a healing factor? Not as strong as Wolverine's or Ms. Marvel's though. In MC2, he was no longer using his powers due to an injury, but in RYV he's still active as Spider-Man. Maybe that's why he looks younger?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't Peter have a healing factor? Not as strong as Wolverine's or Ms. Marvel's though. In MC2, he was no longer using his powers due to an injury, but in RYV he's still active as Spider-Man. Maybe that's why he looks younger?
    That's not related. Besides, I said "her parents", which means RYV's Mary Jane looks younger than her counterpart from MC2. And there's no "powers' bonus" here because her powers come from a suit, they are not in her DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I love any story in which Mephisto (our Big Joe stand-in, IMO) is made into a fool, take my money.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."