Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Colossus is dope, period, end of story.

Fantastic Member

I just want it on record that the X-men writers have once again proven they have no idea of what to do with Colossus, who is completely wasted on this team of writers. He was a breakout star from the first gala, and.a good portion of why it drew such acclaim as to have a second and make it an annual event instead of a one-off, and following his notoriety from the gala.. .. .. they have done nothing with him. He's on the quiet council and he is STILL irrelevant, and his "being controlled" plot has gone nowhere, despite being surrounded by telepaths every single meeting.

And even in the few things he IS included in (regarding Illyana), his plots aren't fully explained and he is shown to be the 'bad guy' and disliked by adult Illyana for inexplicable reasons! They can't even properly set up the reason for why they are again at odds!

I am annoyed by the complete mismanagement of this character that continues year on year.

Amazing Member

Thanks for starting a new and updated thread on our collective (no pun intended) favorite hero. It's been a sad time for Colossus fans for years. The only bright spot have been the Deadpool movies. I can finally look past his over-the-top Russian accent by a Serbian actor these days.

There are several writers out there who appreciate Colossus. They need another crack at him and bypass the sanctimonious and biased Marvel Editors (not an easy feat, I know). Has anyone ever considered a Colossus petition to Marvel/Disney? I'm sure we could get hundreds of thousands of signatures. It might not sway Marvel, but it'll at least (maybe) get their attention.

If I'm being generous, I think the writers feel hamstrung by the "controlled by Mikhail" plot point. Until Percy resolves that, Piotr will continue to be in this weird holding pattern where nothing can really be done with him.

Fantastic Member

I feel Colossus deserves a new uniform. With his sister Magik getting one for joining the x-men, they should give him an updated look. What would you want to see? What are some of your favorite looks he's had?

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    I feel Colossus deserves a new uniform. With his sister Magik getting one for joining the x-men, they should give him an updated look. What would you want to see? What are some of your favorite looks he's had?

I'm a sucker for the original/classic look - or something similar. I think exposed thighs and exposed arms. I also really liked the super short sleeved Ultimates look. Perhaps a black version of the classic outfit would be cool.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    If I'm being generous, I think the writers feel hamstrung by the "controlled by Mikhail" plot point. Until Percy resolves that, Piotr will continue to be in this weird holding pattern where nothing can really be done with him.
    And for the longest here I thought mutant siblings powers didn't work on each other...

I think Percy is done with Peter. I do not think Percy has any resolution to the story arc of Colossus he set up, and might be glad to get rid of him in X-Force (where he did not play much of a role). Let Immortal X-Men take over that storyline, and with respect to KG, I do not think the one issue dedicated to Colossus will solve it.

The mind contolled/Chronicler influenced Peter was supposed to be the "best saga ever involving Colossus ever!" Yes, I am paraphrasing the quote meant for the hype editorial for Colossus, but it will just be the normal "meh" for fans of the character. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling his "solo" issue of Immortal will be snarky jokes from Mr. Sinister, then scenes ofMikhail and Chronicler bickering, and Colossus just walking around in a daze.

But at least he has a beard.

Astonishing Member

How do people feel about the history between Piotr and Callisto, even if it is mostly based on his time after the Siege Perilous - they've both shown nostalgia for that period, and Callisto ALSO has history with Mikhail....she's one of the few people familiar with both Rasputin brothers. Could be interesting to see her brought into the mix in some way, by whomever does eventually pick this plot back up.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    How do people feel about the history between Piotr and Callisto, even if it is mostly based on his time after the Siege Perilous - they've both shown nostalgia for that period, and Callisto ALSO has history with Mikhail....she's one of the few people familiar with both Rasputin brothers. Could be interesting to see her brought into the mix in some way, by whomever does eventually pick this plot back up.
    That was an interesting little fling. Colossus was mind-wiped after going through the Siege Perilous at the end of the Outback storyline, and was reborn as Peter Nicholas, who quickly became a popular artist in Soho.

At this point, I am not sure it could have much bearing on the current storyline. Mikhail is setting up Colossus to fail, and Callisto getting involved would not do much. Maybe she is the one who kills "traitor" Colossus? Then Sinister and Mikhail laugh and thank her? My hopes are not high for Peter, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I DID appreciate getting SOME insights into his state of awareness over in the final chapter of Labors of Magik within the New Mutants title, identifying that he IS aware of lost time and memory gaps.

I also echo captain Qball's desire for a new look.

I'm REALLY eager for the Colossus plot to finally get addressed and resolved.

Spectacular Member

Another shit year for our boy and not seeing any signs of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Another shit year for our boy and not seeing any signs of improvement.
    Better to have Colossus’s year under Percy’s pen than Beast’s
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver