Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do people like Brisson? I’m not really familiar with him.
    I think his work is hit or miss. Like some of his stuff I have enjoyed and when he is writing “good”, it’s enjoyable… but when he’s writing “bad”… it’s bad. Like this guy will derail a whole story just to shove his fave in. He’s totally lost me with his X-Men work. I refuse to give him another chance with anything X-Men related. New Mutants totally played into this decision.

That said, I don’t think it would hurt to check him out here… but be cautious.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will say John Timms feels like an odd fit for this book unless they want it cartoony because of Ghost-Maker, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Or for Clown Hunter?
    The creation of both Clown Hunter and Ghost-Maker is heavily influenced by mangas (their outfit designs are def manga-influenced).
    I'm assuming that's why the drawing style is cartoony.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 05-31-2022 at 11:25 AM. Reason: grammar-- what else?! + one extra sentence
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Based on the response Brisson seems to be another Rosenberg: usually competent but rarely better than that. Setting my expectations accordingly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will say John Timms feels like an odd fit for this book unless they want it cartoony because of Ghost-Maker, I guess?
    I think it'll be fine - didn't see too cartoony on the annual to me.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I think it'll be fine - didn't see too cartoony on the annual to me.
    Yeah, the art was really the only thing the book had going for it so more work for a decent artist is a good thing even if I don't intend to buy the book.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'm looking forward to it partly because of wingman. Can't help but wonder if bruce knows whose the current one is lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talonkidterror View Post
    I'm looking forward to it partly because of wingman. Can't help but wonder if bruce knows whose the current one is lol
    This might be a 4th one, or the writers might not have realised that the first one died...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    This might be a 4th one, or the writers might not have realised that the first one died...
    A fourth one?

I remember the original version and later Jason, but who else was "Wingman"?

(Or are you considering the "original" version as two separate people because of how different Grant Morrison's version was?)

My man Batman of China has been booted out the team. Truly sad times.

Still very much looking forward to this book!

Mighty Member

Too much Ghost-Maker, but I'll still give the book a chance.

Mighty Member

BATMAN INCORPORATED #1
    Written by ED BRISSON
    Art and cover by JOHN TIMMS
    Variant cover by JORGE MOLINA
    1:25 variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    1:50 variant cover by JEFF SPOKES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/11/22
    From the pages of Batman comes an all-new, all-exciting adventure for Ghost-Maker and his Batman Incorporated team! The team’s trust issues and detective skills are immediately put to the test when someone from Ghost-Maker and Batman’s recent past is brutally murdered…Is this an isolated event, sending a message to the two? Or is this the start of something darker and more sinister? (Hint—it’s sinister and dark!)
    The all-star creative team of Ed Brisson and John Timms chart a new future for Batman Incorporated in this exciting new ongoing series, loaded with adventure, excitement, and amazing new members and villains!

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I'm gonna check this out bc of Ghost-Maker. I don't care about the rest, to be honest (maybe Clown Hunter).
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I'm giving this a chance because I had a surprisingly good time with their annual from a few months back.

The only other thing of Brisson's I've read is his Iron Fist run, which I enjoyed.

I might also be one of the few people that really likes Timms' art style. I remember when he was on the SoKE book early on, and he got a lot of hate, which I didn't really get.

I feel like this book will probably become "Ghost-Maker and Friends" but I hope it turns out okay.

I wonder if the dead character is someone from The Knight.